M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

08-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #23
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I had one for a day as a loaner. Like the steering but nothing else. The throttle/turbo lag was atrocious and totally spoiled the car for me. It was N20 equipped.
I also thought it drove well enough but it was pretty nasty otherwise. Interior plastics felt very cheap and many panels did not line up correctly, I was very unimpressed to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #24
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
I also thought it drove well enough but it was pretty nasty otherwise. Interior plastics felt very cheap and many panels did not line up correctly, I was very unimpressed to be honest.
Got one as a loaner and I pretty much concur. They are very awkward looking from most angles. BMW's version of a Tiguan - or said another way, without a heroic amount of aftermarket mods, the gayest car in the line-up...(not that there's anything wrong with that!)

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 02:17 AM   #25
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
The X1

Well it may burn more gas simply because the car is bigger... To be Honest i don't really like it either, I think that the Car needs an Update.. It needs to enter into the "F" Code Name..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 02:20 AM   #26
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I had one for a day as a loaner. Like the steering but nothing else. The throttle/turbo lag was atrocious and totally spoiled the car for me. It was N20 equipped.
Yea the Car just Seems "Cheap" it really needs a Design Change.. Its Design is Aging.. I have noticed that only the Z4 and the X1 are still in the "E" Code names, BMW needs to Update both of them so they catch up with the Rivals!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #27
tke344
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f15 X5 50i

I got the ultimate package with wood trim (for the wife) so it might be a little different from the base models but I don't find the interior to be lacking in quality. The plastic aluminum trim or whatever comes standard looks really cheap and shouldn't even exist but the wood is decent. Exterior wise I think it looks bland, especially in alpine white, but like I said, nice wheels and coilovers would do wonders. I think it could be a lot of fun with the right work done.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #28
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

My X1 ran a 12.1 1/4 mile last year (should be high 11's right now) and is the fastest N55 xdrive car in the world. With the mods I have (FBO and JRZ/M3 suspension) it is as fast or faster than e92 M3s both in a straight line and around a track (Mid-Ohio is my home track and point of comparison) - I have 10 track days on it this season.

Stock it's pretty good, but if you are willing to mod (and I understand not everybody is), there is no other car out right now that has an equivalent mix of luxury, straight line speed, driving dynamics, and track performance for the money. Find me another car for $43k including mods that can run a low 1:4x at mid ohio, run an 11 second quarter mile, fit an Ikea desk in the back, has AWD, is a hatchback/wagon, and has BMW level luxury, interior, and refinement. It doesn't exist.

The cons of the car:

Idrive is outdated
Rear 3/4 angle looks odd if not lowered
Plastic used on bottom of door panels tends to scuff

Last edited by paradoxical3; 08-29-2014 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0