docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excello View Post
Nevermind the bashing Chris, some people seem to have a bad time coping with others wellness at times. Why bother posting something unpleasant on someone's thread who is an enthusiast and took some of his own time to write - politely, not braggin' - on a board of enthusiasts? If I come to bimmerpost I expect to read things like these, it's a forum made for people who own these type of cars. Ofc that I cannot expect some US fellows to grasp this since they pretty much give away BMWs in NA according to price lists I see, but for most of us around the world, BMW means luxury hi-end cars no matter what model you pick, hence this is what someone could call an upscale board! Actually, it's the second time these days that a thread on someone's garage tends to become a thread on the OP's way of life or what he does for a living, and it is such a narrow minded perspective on a board like this imo. So Chris, thanks for posting man, great IRL opinion.
And btw, I'm with nez: some love for the z4m, such charming muscle car
+100
      01-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #112
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Amazing collection.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #113
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

Congrats Chris ! nice collection you've got there

I was able to meet with Animah in Lausanne last july when I was at Geneve and Vaud cantons, next time i come we will meet at Ouchy for a coffee and talk about 1M's hehe

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #114
Swiss Chris
Member crafted at BMW ///M
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DKG M3, M3 GTS, F10 M5

Thanks for your 99% nice comments

Happy to see you enjoyed the write up and photos. Happy to see that you love this M5 but even more the M3 GTS too, we have the same opinion

You had a few questions, so let's go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
Can we get high resolution versions of some of the group shots? Just beautiful!
Here you are, thanks to Falcon23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post

+1 I can live in the garage.
You could maybe live in my bedroom. I sleep in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2e15 View Post
How come you debadged the M5?
My father had problems with his X6M (from customers and coworkers). Nothing like that with M5's. And even better with a debadged M5. He says that nobody realises it's a 560HP car and loves it so much !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
She's amazing; congrats!!! Any impressions on hearing the exhaust system through the speakers?
We asked us the question, but nobody heared sound from the speakers. Or it's turned off, or it's very well done so that you don't hear it comes from the speakers. I will ask a passenger to put his hear on the speaker while accelerating in Sportplus mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Congrats. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks. Is it a black M3 GTS on your photo ?!
I told my father to repaint or wrap the GTS in grey, but he wants it "100% natural"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
Stunning and congrats.

(and lol@ 21.1 L/100kms)
On the highway it's amazing, sth like 10-11l/100kms !

But on country roads with my way of driving, it's immediately 30l/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiros View Post
First of all cogratulations for your new car !
second of all I just want to tell you a story ! and a funny one !
Sir you (loudly ! ) overtook me when I was riding a bicycle in Ecublens,Lausanne !
what a small small world! (I'm sure that was you Sir I recognize the Vaud plates and the car of course)
Sorry about that

Amazing to meet someone from Ecublens here

Quote:
Originally Posted by animah View Post
Chris! ...well I don't know where to start... so I'll only say congrats those are fabulous pics! fabulous cars! I could kill to only have a ride in the GTS "même sur le siège du mort". Dont forget we still have a meeting on old for our 1M... so if by mistake you took the GTS or the M5 I wont mind ;-)
Maybe you could have a ride in the GTS without killing someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTTY View Post
See you on the racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Congratulations! It was a pleasure reading the review, especially about M5 (F10). I disagree with some of earlier posters about the car being "too much" for a 20 year old - the guy seems experienced and responsible enough to me as well as knowledgeable to drive such cars, much more than some older people.

Age is usually assumed to show perception of life and responsibility, knowing the value of things, and Chris seems to know it very well. Congrats, all of them are awesome but I liked M5 (F10) the most. The color looked matte in that weather and the environment looked mysterious

I just woke up, saw my M5 (F10) Alpine White in my dreams, that I was driving it , and open the forum to see this post! My car is being produced as we speak and delivery is expected to be on the first week of February, I wonder if it would also arrive with winter tires or summer ones. I've ordered the same type of wheels, but in 20".

Thanks for the review and enjoy would be great to see any more experience sharing, especially about exhaust, acceleration and anything else that comes in mind. This car looks amazing on photos, but I think it looks much better in real life.
It's a pleasure

Do you have precise questions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Fantastic writeup Chris - you seem like someone who appreciates how lucky you are to have such nice toys at age 20 - and if I was you i would be enjoying every minute of it! The F10 M5 sounds like it is truly a step up from virtually all other M's to date (with possible exception of M3 GTS).

Keep on having fun (I have to say - I know my E93 is nowhere near the level of performance as the new M5, but after having owned it for almost 4 years now - I still look forward to driving it every day - so can't imagine how I'd feel at that level of performance)!!

I would love to hear more comparisons between the M3 GTS and the F10 M5 whenever you get the chance.
I have to drive the M5 with summer tires and both with warmer temperatures to be able to have a good comparison. All I can say is that the M5 seems to accelerate faster, that every feelings are really different (way the engine give his power, sound, comfort, felling of speed). But they have pretty the same stability, this amazing 50/50 weight distribution which make both so fantastic in the curves.

But for "fast riding" pleasure, the GTS is much better as you can imagine. The M5 is faster (seems to be according to all comparatives) than every other ///M, unless the GTS. This orange fire is simply amazing in the curves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
Was there any turbo lag?
No. As I wrote it, powers come a strangely as on a normally aspirated engine, all the way to the red line. But you don't feel any lag when you push the throttle. Nothing like 1M or even more the 135i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejotrujillo View Post
Amazing cars you have there

M3 GTS FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_M5 View Post
Nice stable you have...congratulations and enjoy!

I myself took delivery of my F10 M5 back in late November, it was the first M5 to be delivered in Saudi Arabia.

I tend to agree with your overall impression/review of the M5!

To me, the car has two personalities: a calm one and surprisingly much more comfortable to drive in town than my previous F10 535. The difference being, the first has no RFT, the other one is a beast. Overall, it's a fun car to drive but still not as good as other Sport coupes (my be the comparison is unfair here)..

Here are some pic. enjoy! (I will post some more in the future.)

Attachment 627727
Nice if you have the same feeling than me !

And of course it's amazing for a sedan, but nothing like a very good coupe as a Porsche GT3 or M3 GTS. But in my opinion, the M5 is more fun to drive than a "normal" E92 M3 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcbo View Post
Belle brochettes de ///M Chris!

I see you don't need me anymore to take nice pictures of your cars

Hope to meet the new M5 very soon on the Swiss roads
I read your impressions on the french forums as well and can't wait to see how it is like.
Contact me

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
I hate having to get into the drama like other forums but ...

This is a BMW forum, a forum to share our experiences with the F10 among like minded enthusiasts. The OP is 20 years old, what the hell does that have to do with the reason of this forum?!?!

I dont know him from Adam but I am thankful he shared some nice photos and feedback on a car that I may consider in the future, thanks OP.

ps. Love to see what happens with the M5 and my Hartge tuned 550i, let me know when you cross the border.
Where do you live ? Germany ? I sometimes go to Europapark, next time it will be with the M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion01 View Post
Congrats man, envy and jealousy is so ugly but (in my case) unavoidable!

As to "But in both the 135i and the 1M, and even more in the 535d F10 (my dad had one for a few months), you feel that fabulous power at medium revs. And the M5 has it too, but twice as powerful. It's simply amazing."

Somewhat to be expected based on the immense fuel suck! I see on your nav a read-out of 4.74 km to a litre, the price you pay for such huge power. That would bankrupt me - I average about 8.5 km to a litre which I feel is quite heavy based on Euro fuel prices!
Fuel is "the price to pay" for riding such cars. And my way of driving is very bad for efficency, I reach 17l/100km with baby ///M on 7000km, including 2000km very cool at the beginning and 1000 others on the highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon23 View Post
The photos with 3-4 ///M cars comes from power944.

I have some of these groups shots on my hard disk. I'll post a couple of photos in few minutes ...

Discretion héhé ...

Thanks for the photos Almedin ^^

It's a rather bluish grey ... very nice in real live

The current weather here doesn't allow to drive with summer wheels ... :-/

Exactly ...

About 160k $ and even more

One more time Chris, congrats

See you soon for a Chivito Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 RSR View Post
Beautiful machine, the silver is really striking! In my experience, it is easier to drift with Summer tires. Braking and handling will be dramatically better too. A lot of fun driving ahead, have fun and be safe!

I would like to hear your insight regarding the engine sounds being replicated through the stereo.

"Big Worm" should go occupy wall street. Who are you to say how someone should or shouldn't spend money they have earned? I drove a 2003 M3 at 16 and have driven a 997 GT3 since I was 21. The M3 was spat on, peed on, and keyed. The GT3 has been keyed too. Jealousy is ugly, and communism doesn't work.
Of course it will be much better with the Michelin PSS for handling and braking. Don't really know what about drift. Easyer to lose the grip with winter tires but a bit special while drifting

Would be happy to have your precise impressions about it

Concerning sound through the stereo I answered it, we didn't hear such an artificial sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
Congrats Chris ! nice collection you've got there

I was able to meet with Animah in Lausanne last july when I was at Geneve and Vaud cantons, next time i come we will meet at Ouchy for a coffee and talk about 1M's hehe
      01-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #115
krm
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F87 CS, G21 B58

Simply spectacular collection. An ///M enthusiasts modern day dream.

Would be interested to know more about your GTS impressions as well (apologies if you have posted already elsewhere in which please let me know)

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #116
power944
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M

Let me digress for the GTS.
If you have not seen, you can find more pictures by following this link:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605458

Nice to be among true enthusiasts (and that's why we share)
      01-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #117
NTTY
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G30 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-507 View Post

See you on the racetrack
Can't wait
      01-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #118
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Congrats!
What a collection you have there!
and unitl I drive an F10 M5, I'm stick to E92 M3! just like your friend!
      01-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #119
GT3 RSR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3 RS

Awesome car and thank you for posting.

Here is the logic regarding winter tires and drifting:

Both Winter and Summer tires are designed for grip. Summer tires are soft for the heat and winter tires are hard for the cold. Winter tires have a lot more tread though, and it is deeper for water and snow. Summer tires react better to heat too. Therefore, Summer tires are easier to break into a slide and more predictable.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #120
Swiss Chris
Member crafted at BMW ///M
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DKG M3, M3 GTS, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 RSR
Awesome car and thank you for posting.

Here is the logic regarding winter tires and drifting:

Both Winter and Summer tires are designed for grip. Summer tires are soft for the heat and winter tires are hard for the cold. Winter tires have a lot more tread though, and it is deeper for water and snow. Summer tires react better to heat too. Therefore, Summer tires are easier to break into a slide and more predictable.
So we have the same feeling : summer tires are more predictable and much safer.

When I said that drift is "easier" with winter tires, I was talking about the fact that it's much easier to make them lose traction. I said this to explain why the M5 so often loses grip. With the Michelin PSS in 285/35ZR20, sure it will still drift as much as you want, but not in every curve at 2000rpm as now and probably not if you don't provoke it.
      01-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #121
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

if i knew for christmas i would have come and sing you a christmas song and maybe you let me drive one of your cars!!
congrats on your beautyful m5
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #122
Hedoniste
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | M135i

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
I give you my impressions as passenger in this M5 F10. First of all, I have to say that I am not a turbo fan on luxuries sport cars (and on expensive sport cars). I am a true "N/A guy". It was the first time of my life I sit in a BMW M5 so I can't compare it to the E60 or older M5s.

When I saw the M5 I immediately appreciate its design (wolf in sheep suit...) and I liked the combo of colors which is matching perfectly on this type of cars. I am a big fan of the dashboard design. In my opinion the F10 has the best BMW dashboard with the new Z4. I also appreciate the overall build quality and the soft black leather which is close to my 2011 M3.

On the road I immediately fell in love with the chassis which inspired me a lot of confidence and gives you the feedback that you are in a true M car. Chris drove in curvy roads and it was amazing how the big M5 was able to negotiate curves. The handling was absolutely stunning regarding the weight of the car. I can't imagine when the M5 will be on summer PSS tires...
The other point is the comfort of that car. For me in comfort mode the M5 is as comfy as my brother's 2005 645Ci and by the way a lot more comfy than my 2011 ZCP M3. New M seats are in an another level than E9x M3s.

The 4.4 V8 biturbo is torquey and you can feel the the big amount of power. Chris let me drive his 1M during the day and all I can say is that the 1M seemed to have a deficiency of torque in comparison of the M5 F10. So it's the best way to give you my feedback about this new V8TT. I don't know about turbo lag but it seems that Motorsport did a great job on that point (which is fundamental for me). Chris proved us that the car has a nice responsiveness.
I find that the sound of the car is adapted to the M5. Like Chris said, exhausts make a big and funny *PA !* when you stopped accelerating.

Overall I like a lot this new M5. I think it's a dream car if you are doing long trips, on Autobahn and if you want to have a lot of comfort, space and technology. The M5 gives you the confidence which is typic to M cars and has a impressive amount of power.

I thank Chris, Power944, Falcon, Romain and Manu for this nice day.

I appreciate a lot the global enthusiasm of Bimmerpost members too. It's always a big pleasure to "travel" on this forum and to share photos and experiences. 2012 will be high on M emotions !
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #123
Falcon23
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 ZCP

01-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #124
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

Just brilliant, worlds can't even describe this fleet of performance..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #125
bruning6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 09 335i LCI

You are very fortunate to have such a stable!
Wonderful photos!
Cant wait to experience a F10 M5 I am so excited about them!
BMW is really onto something with these new engines its amazing
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #126
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedoniste View Post
I give you my impressions as passenger in this M5 F10. First of all, I have to say that I am not a turbo fan on luxuries sport cars (and on expensive sport cars). I am a true "N/A guy". It was the first time of my life I sit in a BMW M5 so I can't compare it to the E60 or older M5s.

When I saw the M5 I immediately appreciate its design (wolf in sheep suit...) and I liked the combo of colors which is matching perfectly on this type of cars. I am a big fan of the dashboard design. In my opinion the F10 has the best BMW dashboard with the new Z4. I also appreciate the overall build quality and the soft black leather which is close to my 2011 M3.

On the road I immediately fell in love with the chassis which inspired me a lot of confidence and gives you the feedback that you are in a true M car. Chris drove in curvy roads and it was amazing how the big M5 was able to negotiate curves. The handling was absolutely stunning regarding the weight of the car. I can't imagine when the M5 will be on summer PSS tires...
The other point is the comfort of that car. For me in comfort mode the M5 is as comfy as my brother's 2005 645Ci and by the way a lot more comfy than my 2011 ZCP M3. New M seats are in an another level than E9x M3s.

The 4.4 V8 biturbo is torquey and you can feel the the big amount of power. Chris let me drive his 1M during the day and all I can say is that the 1M seemed to have a deficiency of torque in comparison of the M5 F10. So it's the best way to give you my feedback about this new V8TT. I don't know about turbo lag but it seems that Motorsport did a great job on that point (which is fundamental for me). Chris proved us that the car has a nice responsiveness.
I find that the sound of the car is adapted to the M5. Like Chris said, exhausts make a big and funny *PA !* when you stopped accelerating.

Overall I like a lot this new M5. I think it's a dream car if you are doing long trips, on Autobahn and if you want to have a lot of comfort, space and technology. The M5 gives you the confidence which is typic to M cars and has a impressive amount of power.

I thank Chris, Power944, Falcon, Romain and Manu for this nice day.

I appreciate a lot the global enthusiasm of Bimmerpost members too. It's always a big pleasure to "travel" on this forum and to share photos and experiences. 2012 will be high on M emotions !
Thanks for another review as a passenger. I would ask if it pushes the passenger to the seat while accelerating (airplane takeoff effect) compared to M5 (E60) or M6 (E63), but you haven't driven or sat in those cars. Thanks for the review again!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #127
mke1402
Private
Rep
Drives: f10 525d

Please - a video of the acceleration
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #128
Søreng
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 Coupé

Hi Chris.

Read the first post and had to ask.

Me and my friend was driving from Monaco towards Nürburgring and was passing from Swiss in to Germany a late wednesday night sometime midsummer last year. (Don't remember the exact date, but think it was the week before M-Festival) And we kept seeing this white 1M on swiss plates, all the way from Swiss and a good time into Germany doing some serious pulls on the autobahn.

Could this have been you?

(We drove a grey lowerd Mini Cooper S Works with aerokit)

Just had to ask since you were in the right age for the driver with the right car

And oh, almost forgot. WHAT a car park, simply great!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #129
carrabassett786
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 328i

gorgeous fleet and photoset. Its nice to see that there actually are some petrolheads in Switzerland!

E90 328i Space Gray/Chestnut ZMP 2MF ZP2 ZV2 ZCV ZCW-washers HK SAT 3rd Pedal ED 2011.10.10
E90 325xi BSM/Terra ZSP ZPP ZCW Adaptive Xenons SAT 3rd pedal
Gone
E53 X5 3.0i Black Sapphire/Truffle ZPP ZCW ZRC Xenon Nav
Appreciate 0