M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

05-30-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
anatoli_v
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 azur/red

Leather care

Hello everyone. we all love our M5, and we want to keep it as long as possible new. I do skin care Swissvax. I wonder what you do care?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoli_v View Post
I do skin care Swissvax.
Did you mean Swissvax "Leather care" either the "kit" or the "kit forte"? Personally, I use either Zaino or Leather Masters leather care products.
      05-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
anatoli_v
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 azur/red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoli_v View Post
I do skin care Swissvax.
Did you mean Swissvax "Leather care" either the "kit" or the "kit forte"? Personally, I use either Zaino or Leather Masters leather care products.
I care leather clean/milk
Also i care Leather Glaze ( from color jeans)

Recently I've buy Leather Gloss Corrector Matt, want try st/wheel and driver seat! Want to try
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
scottiekay
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 M5

Armoral Leather wipes... inexpensive and take the dirt right off the seat. I have used them on every car I have owned and have never had an issue with there ability to clean and protect. Also they are effortless to use. Also they work very well on Home leather couches chairs etc...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiekay View Post
Armoral Leather wipes... inexpensive and take the dirt right off the seat.
Can I ask a question, scottiekay. What type of leather do you have in your car? I have merino leather all over in my M5 and unlike synthetic leather or polyurethane sealed leather (i.e. coated leather) which the merino leather is not, Armourall products are not suitable and can actually damage the uncoated leather as the Armourall products get soaked into the unsealed leather.
      06-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
scottiekay
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 M5

I don't have the merino leather, but in my former car C63 AMG it had the premium leather and there was no issues with using it on that I wiped the seats once a week, same as I do with my M5 and there is no wear from wiping. My 06 Corvette well lets just say the leather was not that nice but it cleaned and protected well with that. My Wifes car is a 2012 M3 and it has upgraded leather and there is no residue left over from using the product.

Regardless its a matter of choice. I have used other leather cleaners but honestly some require a lot of effort to put on and take off. Ive use mothers spray on leather cleaner and it seems to stain seats in areas especially if you just spray it on the seat rather then into a rag then applying.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
Can I ask a question, scottiekay. What type of leather do you have in your car? I have merino leather all over in my M5 and unlike synthetic leather or polyurethane sealed leather (i.e. coated leather) which the merino leather is not, Armourall products are not suitable and can actually damage the uncoated leather as the Armourall products get soaked into the unsealed leather.
I agree with you, Merino leather requires special care. I use Connolly leather cleaner and protectant in two steps with easy and very good results. Remember BMW Ag owns RR brand so they know where to get nice hides.
Appreciate 0