M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-03-2014, 01:21 AM   #23
b5ka
Private
Rep
Drives: still debating

I can't speak for UK, but for depending on how you configured your own setup the cost could be the same or slightly higher or "silly money" higher if you aimed at basic setup of M5.

You are forced to take "9MR" option that include all that Special Edition stuff and is the most expensive (I guess that would be around 20-25k EUR depending on country, which is pretty fair if you see what's included in price)

Initially I went with SG / Amaro / Custom Contrast Stitching / no CCB and the cost of 30 Jahre with same setup (forced colors of ext/int though and a few minor options as I said earlier, the rest of them is up to you) ended up to be ~1,5k EUR more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 02:08 AM   #24
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 2014 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Yes I want a CP with CCB
Didn't think you liked the CP
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 03:04 AM   #25
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggly View Post
Well as I said, IF I get this deal then I will be much better off and "like it or not" it will be a good seller.

PS) Looking more at Alpin with the Red leather.
      05-03-2014, 03:41 AM   #26
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5ka
You are right, Limited Edition changes are presented on Frozen Grey and 1st chance to see new color would be M Festival I guess
I wonder if dark silver will be lighter or darker than Frozen Grey.

I'm guessing the base color for frozen dark silver is either Titan Silver or Mineral Grey.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 03:51 AM   #27
b5ka
Private
Rep
Drives: still debating

These are spy shots from 2013 but this Frozen color is it normal Frozen Silver?

I think new color will be somewhere between Frozen Silver & Frozen Grey.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #28
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well as I said, IF I get this deal then I will be much better off and "like it or not" it will be a good seller.

Not tempted by the M3 matey?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 03:40 AM   #29
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5ka View Post
I don't want to intercept the thread, what you want to know? Redirect the thread to 30 Years edition or PM me

Sorry JOHNBMWM5 thats all I was going to say about Limited in your thread!
No Problem, I am always open to knowledge.
      05-05-2014, 03:41 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not tempted by the M3 matey?
Not to sure about that one yet, will test drive and see, that awful exhaust sound is putting me off.
      05-05-2014, 04:57 AM   #31
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Not to sure about that one yet, will test drive and see, that awful exhaust sound is putting me off.
Hopefully Akrapovic will provide an M Performance version to fix that - my M5 version is sounding better with time and now generating a lot of comments/interest from other drivers. The CP sports exhaust was generally ignored in comparison.

Not sure that SO paintwork would be good for resale in UK, so would agree with AW with SO leather.

Having said that, if I were looking to change a non-CP LCI M5, with the current discounts on offer, I would be looking at M6GC CP rather than M5 CP (too similar to the car it replaces), even though M6 LCI is imminent. I know you have driven an M6GC and didn't like it, but the CP may make a difference - may be worth a test drive if you can get the deal right.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #32
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Hopefully Akrapovic will provide an M Performance version to fix that - my M5 version is sounding better with time and now generating a lot of comments/interest from other drivers. The CP sports exhaust was generally ignored in comparison.

Not sure that SO paintwork would be good for resale in UK, so would agree with AW with SO leather.

Having said that, if I were looking to change a non-CP LCI M5, with the current discounts on offer, I would be looking at M6GC CP rather than M5 CP (too similar to the car it replaces), even though M6 LCI is imminent. I know you have driven an M6GC and didn't like it, but the CP may make a difference - may be worth a test drive if you can get the deal right.
Yea the M6 GC CP is just so big/long, though.
How are you finding the M5 CP compared to the NONE CP?.
Is there a good difference or hardly any?.
I did not really get enough time in one to "proper evaluate"?.
      05-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #33
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5
Quote:

I thought you said CP was a waste in your opinion in previous threads

I doubt re sale with CP will garner that much more of your money back anyway

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #34
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-boy View Post

Yep I did say that, but if I get it free then why not.
      05-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #35
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5
Quote:

Is that the same for the led headlight option?

Or is that still a no no in your book?

Just thought maybe you drove a cp more extensively and had changed your view on it

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #36
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Whatever you choose matey I'm chuffed fir you
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #37
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Is that the same for the led headlight option?

Or is that still a no no in your book?

Just thought maybe you drove a cp more extensively and had changed your view on it
TBH I don't drive much in the dark (sounds bo**ocks but true) so not something I would pay for.
If I went M6 it would be on as STD though.
EDIT: the High beem assist on the M5 is just amazing.
Not had a chance to drive the CP since my one off , so lost the comparison now.
I have mailed Neil to ask him how he is getting along with his M5 CP but to date no reply.
      05-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #38
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
How are you finding the M5 CP compared to the NONE CP?.
Is there a good difference or hardly any?.
I did not really get enough time in one to "proper evaluate"?.
I can only compare a few extended test drives in pre-LCI M5s and LCI CP - I would describe the differences as quite significant (this is subjective), however, you are potentially changing from LCI non-CP to LCI CP, so the differences may be less noticeable. I would definitely spec CP if ordering a new car today as I believe there is a tangible benefit.

I can notice that my car is slightly less edgy than before (at least in ride/handing - throttle is more abrupt due to MPE) - that may be down to warmer weather or general running in (suspension bushes, tyres, etc.), so ride is not much worse than pre-LCI M5s demos I drove in spring 2013 with all the added CP benefits - sharper steering, lack of roll, tighter body control, etc.

Also what is suited to one driver, may not work for another. As an example, I wouldn't spec CCBs on a new M5, as both my std. front & rear brakes at 6K miles still showing 90K miles to service on idrive, so clearly I'm easy on the brakes, however, CCBs are offered as an option for good reason. I would apply same logic to CP - only worth it if you can feel a positive difference. I'm assuming you're planning on extended test drive before committing to anything, regardless of deal?

I also don't drive in the dark much, but did have a chance to try the intelligent anti-glare system on some B-roads a few weeks ago (I have xenons) and was surprised at just how well it works (yes it's taken me this long to try it ). Must try to post a video soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #39
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I can only compare a few extended test drives in pre-LCI M5s and LCI CP - I would describe the differences as quite significant (this is subjective), however, you are potentially changing from LCI non-CP to LCI CP, so the differences may be less noticeable. I would definitely spec CP if ordering a new car today as I believe there is a tangible benefit.

I can notice that my car is slightly less edgy than before (at least in ride/handing - throttle is more abrupt due to MPE) - that may be down to warmer weather or general running in (suspension bushes, tyres, etc.), so ride is not much worse than pre-LCI M5s demos I drove in spring 2013 with all the added CP benefits - sharper steering, lack of roll, tighter body control, etc.

Also what is suited to one driver, may not work for another. As an example, I wouldn't spec CCBs on a new M5, as both my std. front & rear brakes at 6K miles still showing 90K miles to service on idrive, so clearly I'm easy on the brakes, however, CCBs are offered as an option for good reason. I would apply same logic to CP - only worth it if you can feel a positive difference. I'm assuming you're planning on extended test drive before committing to anything, regardless of deal?

I also don't drive in the dark much, but did have a chance to try the intelligent anti-glare system on some B-roads a few weeks ago (I have xenons) and was surprised at just how well it works (yes it's taken me this long to try it ). Must try to post a video soon.
Many thanks for your input, I am still waiting for a response to my proposed deal ATM.
      05-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #40
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Many thanks for your input, I am still waiting for a response to my proposed deal ATM.
Forgot to mention w.r.t. test drive - after cold start, my car takes some time (20-30 mins) before the ride settles (ride is slightly brittle before this). Not sure if that's due to infrequent use, cold tyres, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 06:42 AM   #41
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Forgot to mention w.r.t. test drive - after cold start, my car takes some time (20-30 mins) before the ride settles (ride is slightly brittle before this). Not sure if that's due to infrequent use, cold tyres, etc.
Thanks, That could well be "infrequent use", as the tyres tend to flatten a bit when stood for some time, after say 15 miles all seems to write it's self, I had this after a 3 week holiday not using the car.
      05-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #42
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:

I went to the BMW dealer here in Austin yesterday and test drove a GCM6 with CP and it was nice. The sound of the exhaust is definitely improved over the 2013 and I liked the change in position of the Nav screen. The seats are better with the adjustable bolster and there is even a little bit of legroom in the back, not like the M5 but two could sit back there comfortably on a short trip. What I didn't like was the wheels that came on the car. They had a white M5 with the 343s but it didn't have full leather, the M6 did and I consider that a must.

I am also considering a California. Maybe I trade my wifes X5 and get a California and see if she will take the M5. I only have a two car garage so if I get the California, one of the BMWs would have to sit outside and it wouldn't be the M5.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #43
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I went to the BMW dealer here in Austin yesterday and test drove a GCM6 with CP and it was nice. The sound of the exhaust is definitely improved over the 2013 and I liked the change in position of the Nav screen. The seats are better with the adjustable bolster and there is even a little bit of legroom in the back, not like the M5 but two could sit back there comfortably on a short trip. What I didn't like was the wheels that came on the car. They had a white M5 with the 343s but it didn't have full leather, the M6 did and I consider that a must.

I am also considering a California. Maybe I trade my wifes X5 and get a California and see if she will take the M5. I only have a two car garage so if I get the California, one of the BMWs would have to sit outside and it wouldn't be the M5.
If you're considering M5 to Cali, @coldlist is the man to ask...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 06:36 AM   #44
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ok looking at a new M5 CP with C/Brakes.
September delivery.
Which colour, S/Red or Alpine White?.
I will go S/ réd leather over Alpine.
Or SilverStone over thé S/red paint.
Thoughts.
Your getting an M6 GC???....What did i miss matey?
Appreciate 0