M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-21-2015, 01:22 AM   #45
GetSoM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 SGM/Plat Ind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSoM5 View Post
Sold it today!

Funny story ... I traded it to a dealer and when they were test driving the car we got pulled over ... they were speeding ... the officer said not to worry, just slow down and then he proceeded to tell us how much he liked the M5, how it looked and sounded. He did a couple of walk arounds, asked questions about the M5, had them rev it so he could hear the Akrapovic and then told us to have a good day.
Traded it for this ...
Attached Images

Last edited by GetSoM5; 03-21-2015 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: mispelled words
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 05:09 AM   #46
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Congrats!! U left all your mods on the old car??
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #47
GetSoM5
Private First Class
Rep

They bought they HRE's and OEM wheels and the KWV3's and stock suspension ... Pulled the BMW/Akrapovic Performance Exhaust off and am reinstalling with the Carbon Fiber Tips on the new one ... along with the OEM Comp Pack Black Chrome side vents and the OEM black front competition grill.

Ride height is excellent on Comp Pack but might get some spacers
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #48
ChrisNich117
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 Alpine White ZCP

Garage List
2009 e92 M3 coupe  [0.00]
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSoM5
They bought they HRE's and OEM wheels and the KWV3's and stock suspension ... Pulled the BMW/Akrapovic Performance Exhaust off and am reinstalling with the Carbon Fiber Tips on the new one ... along with the OEM Comp Pack Black Chrome side vents and the OEM black front competition grill.

Ride height is excellent on Comp Pack but might get some spacers
Careful with the spacers. You may get some steering vibration. I haven't done it on mine but I remember reading somewhere on here that several people were experiencing vibration after 60 or 70 mph. You may need to adjust something else to compensate for the added width. I may be completely wrong or my memory has me confused but I'm remembering something about it being done to a zcp equipped car. I think the comp package is just perfect, and the mdm is bat shit. I came from a 13 as well and I'm sure you felt just how crazy the steering feel improved. I will say your old wheels were sick, hope you do something wild on this one too!

Quick question

I'm a huge HRE fan and BBS fan but never purchased any after market wheels because I always felt they were strictly cosmetic since the M wheels are already forged and light weight. Did you notice any sort of handling improvement with your wheels or anything at all when you could actually feel an improvement? Or would you say they just looked bad ass and people gave you a thumbs up all the time?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #49
GetSoM5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNich117 View Post
Careful with the spacers. You may get some steering vibration. I haven't done it on mine but I remember reading somewhere on here that several people were experiencing vibration after 60 or 70 mph. You may need to adjust something else to compensate for the added width. I may be completely wrong or my memory has me confused but I'm remembering something about it being done to a zcp equipped car. I think the comp package is just perfect, and the mdm is bat shit. I came from a 13 as well and I'm sure you felt just how crazy the steering feel improved. I will say your old wheels were sick, hope you do something wild on this one too!

Quick question

I'm a huge HRE fan and BBS fan but never purchased any after market wheels because I always felt they were strictly cosmetic since the M wheels are already forged and light weight. Did you notice any sort of handling improvement with your wheels or anything at all when you could actually feel an improvement? Or would you say they just looked bad ass and people gave you a thumbs up all the time?
The 21 inch Red P40SC HRE's were lighter; however, way too high profile for my taste. When I would detail the M5, I would have people stop in front of my house and pull out their phones to take pictures. Did not happen before I switched wheels.

I personally feel that 20 inch are better if you decide you want to sometimes track your car.

HRE makes the only US aftermarket wheel that is also TUV certified.

Great wheels!

Would I get them again? Yes

Would I get them in that sick red color? No

Black glossy barrels with black matte/satin spokes? YES!
Appreciate 1