M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-21-2016, 03:49 AM   #1
Nik1203
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Tuning ECU

I decided to follow the tuning of the ECU, unfortunately it is not possible to work through the OBD but did not want to open the ECU; so I did open a small window on the lid in order to insert the pin of reading and writing.
As a first step we raised the torque limiter from 680Nm to 730Nm.
The result was impressive pressure turbines has increased from 1.15 per 1,3bar and above the ECU is already set up to ensure the BMW OEM 750Nm without affecting any other parameters, the ECU adjusts to the new torque limiter set varying Automatic all other values.
Next step: the speed limiter, which is always complex also on the ECU to track down, you have to edit several files; Finally, we go to correct the air / petrol mixture, despite the ECU automatically corrects this value, according to the exhaust temperature that must not exceed 1050 ° C, the mixture is too lean and is increased the turbo lag when prompted maximum power with a step evident around 4.500g / m where the step motor changes and accelerates violently until max rpm .... WOW
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
Nik1203
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Watch this video, the GT-R of my friend, credited with 650cv, with the M5 OEM, easily overtakes me on the straight; after the modifcation the ECU, we tested side by side on the road and the gap has been bridged.
Appreciate 0