M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Hey, been having a strange sound coming from the right side rear passenger area during braking to a stop - as weird as it sounds, the only way I can describe it is as if the fluid in the gas tank (or somewhere under the seats) is sloshing around intermittently.

Started noticing this after my 1200 mile service - it's been very cold in the Northeast, could this have something to do with it? Driving me crazy, the brake squeaking itself is borderline embarrassing, now this. FWIW it's a 2016 with 1800mi new. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
Hey, been having a strange sound coming from the right side rear passenger area during braking to a stop - as weird as it sounds, the only way I can describe it is as if the fluid in the gas tank (or somewhere under the seats) is sloshing around intermittently.

Started noticing this after my 1200 mile service - it's been very cold in the Northeast, could this have something to do with it? Driving me crazy, the brake squeaking itself is borderline embarrassing, now this. FWIW it's a 2016 with 1800mi new. Thanks.
Ok Im going to make you a happy man.
Tell them to replace your breaks, for some reason the new m5s that have been coming out have a major break squeak problem.

I went in several times before my 1200 mile service.
Then they told me wait to 2k miles, and yes its embarassing as hell.
So I told them to replace the breaks. And I never had it again, so have a few others I know.

Gas tank issue, no idea.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 1