M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-08-2016, 04:05 AM   #1
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Anyone used BETAlink before or know anything about this and similar adhesives?

So about to install my M performance spoiler using BETAlink in the next couple of days...

Its a little on the chilly side in London at the moment with temperatures no more than 10 degrees C...

I know BMW states that the adhesive should not be applied under 18 degrees but looking at the manufactures details of the BETAlink and other similar adhesives, they state it can be applied anywhere between 5 - 40 degrees..

Either way, Ill heat up the bootlid to start with and then apply in the morning, tape up and then prob remove the tape 5 hours later, but wont be driving the car for a few days later anyways

For those of you that are in the know...Do you think this will be ok or do I need to wait until its a little warmer outside??

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbru View Post
So about to install my M performance spoiler using BETAlink in the next couple of days...

Its a little on the chilly side in London at the moment with temperatures no more than 10 degrees C...

I know BMW states that the adhesive should not be applied under 18 degrees but looking at the manufactures details of the BETAlink and other similar adhesives, they state it can be applied anywhere between 5 - 40 degrees..

Either way, Ill heat up the bootlid to start with and then apply in the morning, tape up and then prob remove the tape 5 hours later, but wont be driving the car for a few days later anyways

For those of you that are in the know...Do you think this will be ok or do I need to wait until its a little warmer outside??

Thanks
no problem
i used betalink on "shark fin" around same temperature and it holds like a champ

like u said warm up the area, apply it, put pressure on and warm up again
Appreciate 0