Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M

Thumbs up M5 PPP 1/4mile :: 11.40@201 km/h ::

This is a world record, PP-Performance Stage vip m5, 720hp- sorry for not having a clear video,
we got it from one of the spectators, hopefully ill get something clear in the next few days

Without Launch Control & Passenger

Last edited by GhanemMBN; 03-16-2013 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: /
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Bad***. I see high tens in your future or a new clutch. I think this will be the new weak link that will be UPGRADED.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Gmm5
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

i love how the car accelerates, looks fast !!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

If it does a 11,4 with that reaction time, you really must have found loads of grip and hp!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
If it does a 11,4 with that reaction time, you really must have found loads of grip and hp!
Reaction time has no effect on ET
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Reaction time has no effect on ET
You are right of course, my bad
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #7
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Extra mods to be installed on exact same car:
•upgraded turbos
•lightweight wheels 'front
•18" drag tyres w/18" enkei 'rear
•carbon lightweight exterior parts
•g-power carbon ceramic brake system
•Recaro front seats + removal of rear
•Complete Akrapovic es+removal of cats and resonators [direct]
•newly developed downpipes
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Better vids are always welcome
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
Extra mods to be installed on exact same car:
•upgraded turbos
•lightweight wheels 'front
•18" drag tyres w/18" enkei 'rear
•carbon lightweight exterior parts
•g-power carbon ceramic brake system
•Recaro front seats + removal of rear
•Complete Akrapovic es+removal of cats and resonators [direct]
•newly developed downpipes
What a pointless exercise...want to go fast on a drag strip, buy a drag car.....want to make a stock car fast on a drag strip, buy a 116i.....much cheaper way of ruining a car.

Last edited by NISFAN; 03-17-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
What a pointless exercise...want to go fast on a drag strip, buy a drag car.....want to make a stock car fast on a drag strip, but a 116i.....much cheaper way of ruining a car.
No kidding. Who starts building a drag car with a $100K+ M5? This is probably one of the silliest things I have ever seen. Absolutely no road application here that makes any sense and no logic for track either. How silly.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
No kidding. Who starts building a drag car with a $100K+ M5? This is probably one of the silliest things I have ever seen. Absolutely no road application here that makes any sense and no logic for track either. How silly.
The owner has 2 F10 M5's (and a bunch of other cool cars) , one with akrapovic exhaust only, the other one is the one featured in the video. I dont think he minds building a drag car based on an M5 . BTW M5 f10 in Abu Dhabi costs 160,000$+
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
Jimefam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550I Msport

Quote:
I dont really understand what the big deal is, the only thing that perhaps have "no road application" are the drag wheels and seats and that's something that's easily swapped in a few hours. Many of these and much more expensive cars are taken to the drag strip and besides a few pretentious and narrow minded people no one has an issue with it. Plenty of people would say it was pointless for you to tune a car that makes 560hp and is already traction limited. And I always get a kick out of how some bmw owners think they are driving some collectable high end car when its a mass produced middle class car. 100K wont build you much of a drag car btw, hell I have more than that in my drag 1989 Nissan.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #13
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
I dont really understand what the big deal is, the only thing that perhaps have "no road application" are the drag wheels and seats and that's something that's easily swapped in a few hours. Many of these and much more expensive cars are taken to the drag strip and besides a few pretentious and narrow minded people no one has an issue with it. Plenty of people would say it was pointless for you to tune a car that makes 560hp and is already traction limited. And I always get a kick out of how some bmw owners think they are driving some collectable high end car when its a mass produced middle class car. 100K wont build you much of a drag car btw, hell I have more than that in my drag 1989 Nissan.
EXACTLY!! Drag tyres, recaro seats are a 30mnt replacement + the only point of installing the drag tyres on this exact car is to achieve mid 10s on the strip. + turning a car to a drag car isnt "ruining" the car, it depends on the owner and what he wants the car for.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You have more than that in a 1989 Nissan...yeeshh!

And a little bit over the line to slip in a comment implying those of us who think it is a waste of a nice car to take it to a drag strip are "pretentious". I said it was SILLY. It is a luxury car you dismantle to drag it? Yup...silly. Start with something a little less "nice"...say perhaps an '89 Nissan.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #15
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The owner has 2 F10 M5's (and a bunch of other cool cars) , one with akrapovic exhaust only, the other one is the one featured in the video. I dont think he minds building a drag car based on an M5 . BTW M5 f10 in Abu Dhabi costs 160,000$+

Whew! I was worried they were going "cheap" on them there.-hahahahahaha! Further reinforces the point.

Certainly impressive. I would like to know more about this guy's cars.-lol

When you used all of these big fonts you should get all GaNGsTa with it!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Whew! I was worried they were going "cheap" on them there.-hahahahahaha! Further reinforces the point.

Certainly impressive. I would like to know more about this guy's cars.-lol

When you used all of these big fonts you should get all GaNGsTa with it!
I dont know what you consider the M5 in the US? Because here in the middle east its a car for mid to lower class. Its not even called a "luxury car" here. Its just something NORMAL :s Thats why owners think the car is too simple unless you take it over the limit

My SLS AMG has drag radials rear and skinnies in the front, i even had to trim part of the brake to do this, and thats how i drive the car everyday. This is normal around here.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I dont know what you consider the M5 in the US? Because here in the middle east its a car for mid to lower class. Its not even called a "luxury car" here. Its just something NORMAL :s Thats why owners think the car is too simple unless you take it over the limit

My SLS AMG has drag radials rear and skinnies in the front, i even had to trim part of the brake to do this, and thats how i drive the car everyday. This is normal around here.
Yeah I get it man. Many of your posts exude arrogance like that. I guess that may be why your posts rub me so wrong (along with the giant crazy fonts-in the rest of the word that is considered SCREAMING). A lot of us can afford these cars but many Americans cannot. It is not a lower or middle class car and those of us who drive them certainly don't rub it on others' faces and talk like they are "nothing " to us so we might as well tear them up. Not interested in any further argument. Carry on.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #18
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
I didn't see $hit, but mabrook anyways!

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #19
sham
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

GhanemMBN as an arab, i must say you are a shame for all of us. Become an adult mate and get out of bimmerpost, it is a forum for men not for kids.....id!%#.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
chudak18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335, W463 G55

Garage List
Awe lets not get all upset. These guys were able to achieve something, lets give him a pat on the back not a slap in the face. This is called evolution. He's started something and they've made progress. Quarter mile and dyno are tools for measuring success and failure. They are not meant to have everyday values or purpose, they are tools for measurement. Put a stock M5 with drags only on the quarter mile and now you have a test subject to compare against. Keep on rolling bud. Let us know how far you get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Don't hate on him just because he has the ability to build what makes him happy personally. If he can afford it and it makes him happy to better a car that he enjoys then all power to him. Back inthe day I bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse awd turbo and over the course of 4 years I spent $100k on building every aspect of it. The car got close to 1000hp and was not reliable at the track. I loved that car and wanted to be the best that I can be for my budget. It was fun and I enjoyed it. It sounds like he is enjoying it as well with the difference of the starting price, but again, if his budget allows then let's all see what the final product looks like. AMS is doing a full build as well and I dont think their intention is to go around a road coarse.
      03-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
And how much will the bucket seat save you on the 1/4? Hardly a measurable difference, that's how much.

Then replacing an ally hood with a carbon one? Big difference in weight? Pfffft

It is still a silly idea to try to make a heavy, long eco geared cruiser, king of the drag strip. Only a cheque book tuner with no clue would even attempt that.

The M5 is a great car....but a drag car?

Anyway, the OP has already claimed a 0-100km/h in 2.5 seconds for an M5. Those times belong to a low 9 second car, so why does he have to mod it even further to get into the 10's? ........maybe he can answer that one?
Appreciate 0