M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes / Midwest / Rockies

05-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp smb

Garage List
2011 335i xdrive  [10.00]
Don't go to Murray BMW of Denver!!!

This is an email I wrote to the GM and have yet to hear a response. **BTW The sales manager Chris Neira is a complete jerk. He tried to sneak in the extended maintenance plan and so I spent 45 minutes going back and forth because the numbers kept being off. He self-admittedly said he was doing so because the dealership makes $600 profit off the plan and that he knew I would come back in a few years to trade-in the car so he wanted to re-sell the car with the plan. Afterwards, he tried to high pressure close me on EVERYTHING. I told him to back off because I was getting pissed so he apologized. Chris explained he was doing so because he had a $100 bet with a co-worker on how fast he could sell the car. This guy is the epitome of a dirty used car salesman. At this point I am warning others to not purchase or have a vehicle serviced at Murray!!!

Date: Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Subject: Sales Service Issue from a recent purchase
To: rax.patel@murraymotors.c…

Rax,

I'd like to share the poor experience I've had thus far since purchasing a vehicle from Murray BMW. When I went to pickup the car and sign paperwork, the car was not ready. There was still spots of compound on the car from the detail job so I had to wait until it was finished. Then when I signed paperwork with the finance department, the lady forgot to have me sign the $500 rebate form. Since I had already left, she had to email me the form and then I had to fax it back to her. Another issue is when I went to put the floormats in my car- there were only three of them! I had to come back to the dealership to get a complete set. The final straw was when I went to the DMV last week (5/16) to purchase license plates. I waited two hours only for the woman working there to tell me I need to get an emissions testing. No one from your team cared to explain that this needed to be done! This should have already been done before I took ownership of the vehicle! What happens if the vehicle doesn't pass emissions? I contacted your sales team right after this happened, and nobody has cared to respond with a resolution hence why I am writing you.

I have completely lost my patience thus far with Murray BMW. I especially feel this when I receive mailings and emails from Murray to purchase an extended warranty plan. I am customer of Bodyworks and had $8,000 in repairs from two accidents. Then I purchase a vehicle from Murray and this is the way I'm treated and the type of service I get? It was already bad enough when I felt like I didn't get a fair trade-in. I thought it would be ok because the service would make up for it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Please help me feel differently. I feel as though my business is unappreciated.

Sincerely,
Jon
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
DentalBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

I haven't had good experience at Murray either, if you want quality sales and service talk to Jesse at Schomp BMW. Amazing no pressure sales.
E60 M5 Dinan stg3,hiflow throttle bodies,coldair,evosport rear diff,Eisenmann Race sold
E39 M5 UUC short shift,UUC Corsa and More Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
M8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I'm in Boulder and have had a pretty good run with Gebhardt although you need to get to the right SA. Joel Ortiz has been fantastic but I had to go through 3 others before I found him. He really makes the extra effort and will do just about anything to make you happy.
Cadillac Escalade
Subaru Outback (it's required in Boulder!)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
F10-001
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Re: Don't go to Murray BMW of Denver!!!

I can attest to what was written about Murray Motors. Years ago, a mechanic there badly scratched the back seat of my M3 because he was sitting in the back seat with a huge crescent wrench in his back pocket while fixing the sunroof. After fixing the sunroof, I asked wtf happened, and he told me the scratch must have already been there. They did nothing about it, and I never went back. looks like they haven't changed their tune at all. If you need service while in CO for BMW and prefer the dealership, I highly suggest SCHOMP BMW in Highlands Ranch, and no I do not work there. I just get good service whenever I choose to go there.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:57 AM   #5
naiza3k
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 & 2019 x7 xdrive50i

I have to agree, I hear buying is good there but service is horrible. A few years ago I brought my car in for service and they charged me 2 diagnostic fees, it was ridiculous and ultimately they refunded one back.

Ever since I've stayed away from them at all costs...

Previous: 2015 X5 Graphite, |All options| - 2014 435i Xdrive Msport, |Fully Loaded|6MT|FBO|JB4|Front,side,rear lips/spoilers|- 2015 320i Xdrive, |Wife's beater| - 2008 535i Xdrive
Appreciate 0