Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

BMW rubber mats or weathertech mats

I wonder which one would you guys go for if you need one. I had BMW oem rubber mat before and they were okay but quite cheap to be honest. Many people have been telling me that I should try weathertech because they make some top quality accessories. Plan to order soon, what do you guys think or recommend something else?

Cheers,
      02-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

I too am looking for rubber mats. Which OEM rubber mat did you have before that you considered "OK" but "cheap"? By "cheap", do you mean costs little or do you mean inferior and/or of poor quality. Weathertech and Bavarian Motorsport are two that sell rubber mats specifically cut for BMW models. I am more inclined on getting the mat being sold by the BMW shop as pictured below:
Attached Images

02-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan
I too am looking for rubber mats. Which OEM rubber mat did you have before that you considered "OK" but "cheap"? By "cheap", do you mean costs little or do you mean inferior and/or of poor quality. Weathertech and Bavarian Motorsport are two that sell rubber mats specifically cut for BMW models. I am more inclined on getting the mat being sold by the BMW shop as pictured below:
The one I got for my m3 back in 08 was around $100 if I remember it correctly. However, the material felt pretty rough and quite thin. I won't get those mats again for sure. Tomorrow, I will go visit our local dealer and I can find out what they carry. Another thing is, those called floor liner came with my 911 was very good and weathertech makes similar ones. I know BMW probably have some thing close to offer but I am just curious about the price. Let me go check them out and I will report back.
      02-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
Netwon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M5 Alpine White

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
I have the BMW all weather mats similar to the one in nybimmerfan post in my M5. They seam pretty thick and are of good quality and have the Velcro backer to hold them down. I have weather techs in my other vehicle (winter SUV) and they hold up great but aren't as nice on the feet (kind of hard/slippery) compared tothe BMW all weather option IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #5
Charlie Brown
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Azurite Black

I have the BMW rubber mats sold at the dealer in my car. They were "free" with my car. They seem to be of good quality and so far holding up to Chicago winter just fine. I was told that Weathertech manufactures the BMW rubber mats??
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Thank you Netwon and Charlie Brown for your feedbacks. I will definitely get the rubber mat sold at the BMW store then.
      02-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

I love the Weathertech Floorliner "mats" as they actually capture sand/water/snow and are very easy
to clean/remove.
Well worth the investment.
http://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2013/...an/awd-y-n/no/

15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
I love the Weathertech Floorliner "mats" as they actually capture sand/water/snow and are very easy
to clean/remove.
Well worth the investment.
http://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2013/...an/awd-y-n/no/

+1 to this. I have used WeatherTech mats for the last 3 out of 3 vehicles that I have owned, including my 1M. 100% happy with them. Carpet underneath is still brand new. And up here in Saskaberia, we have long cold winters.
      02-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Good thread. Was just wondering which to get myself for the trunk. Looks like there are fans of both manufacturers, so guess you can't lose.

I've had weathertech trunk liners in my trucks before. They fit well but can roll/bend after awhile as they weren't really think rubber. More like plastic.
      02-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep

guys,

I went to pick up the rubber mats & trunk liner from my local dealer today. Got the ones as nybimmerfan posted in the picture. The quality is good. They are much better than those ones I got in 08 for the M3. I also bought the trunk line which uses some thinner and not so flexible material, but it wasn't expensive and they had it in stock. I received 10% off which wasn't great but better than nothing. (paid $278 include tax here in BC Canada)