08-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #23
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb80 View Post
So I have never owned a BMW and found what I think is a good deal on a 2013 M5. It has 48k miles and the asking price is 30k (is this a good price?). Other than a PPI and Carfax report what else should I check? Should I consider a warranty, if so any recommendations on which one? Looking to buy this as a daily driver. Thanks in advance.
This turned into a warranty thread.. if u are gonna keep it Bone stock sure get a warranty but warrantys are tricky and they are in the business of making money not giving it ..just remember that. i had a warranty on 1st bmw, it did me no good when i needed it.
If you are going to modify the car in any way mechanically, warranty is worthless

But, id stay away from pre-LCi models
and i say good luck to daily driving it

a common theme on here is: "I thought I could daily drive it, but i was wrong".......
youre gonna want to baby it and keep miles off of it. people who do this keep them for quite a while ..people that do not, and daily drive, keep them on average six months to a year . $$$MAINTENANCE$$$

i drive a 3rd gen 4runner as a daily, If I had to drive the 4runner id hate it but that's the funny thing about the mind ...because I don't have to.. I don't mind to..

and i love knowing my f10 is safe and cool and dry and staying clean in the garage. i just go out and look at it on the regular and ive only washed it 4 times in 10 months. never driven it in rain. but im a freak that gets off on keeping every square inch immaculate

Last edited by BeachM5nster; 08-08-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #24
Jeb80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
This turned into a warranty thread.. if u are gonna keep it Bone stock sure get a warranty but warrantys are tricky and they are in the business of making money not giving it ..just remember that. i had a warranty on 1st bmw, it did me no good when i needed it.
If you are going to modify the car in any way mechanically, warranty is worthless

But, id stay away from pre-LCi models
and i say good luck to daily driving it

a common theme on here is: "I thought I could daily drive it, but i was wrong".......
youre gonna want to baby it and keep miles off of it. people who do this keep them for quite a while ..people that do not, and daily drive, keep them on average six months to a year . $$$MAINTENANCE$$$

i drive a 3rd gen 4runner as a daily, If I had to drive the 4runner id hate it but that's the funny thing about the mind ...because I don't have to.. I don't mind to..

and i love knowing my f10 is safe and cool and dry and staying clean in the garage. i just go out and look at it on the regular and ive only washed it 4 times in 10 months. never driven it in rain. but im a freak that gets off on keeping every square inch immaculate
So I am buying this car so I don't put miles on my current car, 18 ford Raptor. I do plan on keeping the car stock, except for wheels and some exterior upgrades maybe. I am leaning towards the warranty after reading your post, maintenance cost does not bother me, but have to fix something that breaks does.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #25
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
i agree. I can't stand all that nonsense. I see guys on here saying I need this spec and that spec and this option and that option ..and I was over here looking for one with no options . to each his own.
I was just happy with the 343's,split rear seats,hk,soft close, black comfort nappa seats and speed limit display.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #26
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I was just happy with the 343's,split rear seats,hk,soft close, black comfort nappa seats and speed limit display.
yep 343's is all i cared about and decent color. and good condition. i think US cars are spec'd higher than european ones but yall get a few performance perks (no charcoal filters, a more lenient MDM, and something else I'm forgetting) because I've never seen an M5 without the M seats .. i thought that was standard ..I know heads up display is standard. I'm pretty sure Merino leather is standard for US spec too, just not fully extended Merino but you would have to order it from a dealership to be made without the Merino leather in the US I'm pretty sure because I've never seen one and I've looked at a lot
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60069.50