2014 LEXUS LX570
2014 GMC SIERRA
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #46
MChris
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 m5

Count me. Took delivery couple weeks ago. Singapore with TO. Love the car, but once break in is over and I start "whipping" it around, I'll be all over those seats with no side adjust. No high beam assist either.

Not only will this diminish our experience driving the car, but will also negatively effect resale, if newer models do come with side adjustment or even the active seats like the e60 had. Not good...

Also hello everyone, first post.

On a side note, I was videoed for about a mile yesterday on the freeway. Thought I had almost caused an accident or something and someone was getting my tag, but just a guy in love with the car. Fun times.

Last edited by MChris; 09-15-2012 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: PS
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #47
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

I've been fortunate enough to have owned a number of BMWs over the past dozen years - and I've seen this slow trend of decontenting for some time. For example M3's used to have fabric covered sunshades, now they're vinyl; because it's cheaper. Simple things like that. I'm guessing that part of this is the weak dollar and instead of hiking prices up big they're just slowly removing some features that hopefully people won't notice or care much about (my 2008 BMW has fabric - the headliner fabric- sunshades, my 2011 M3 had vinyl, but I really didn't care much). Also if you look around the world the US pays the lowest prices for most luxury cars including BMWs, even after you adjust for taxes and duties - so in my opinion this type of thing will slowly continue to happen unless we are willing to pay more for the cars.

Don't get me wrong - I am going to miss this and the auto high-beams (which I have on my 2008); but I suspect most buyers may not notice or if given the choice would rather have the car for a lower price and not have those features in. At least that's the bet I think that BMWNA is making.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95
I've been fortunate enough to have owned a number of BMWs over the past dozen years - and I've seen this slow trend of decontenting for some time. For example M3's used to have fabric covered sunshades, now they're vinyl; because it's cheaper. Simple things like that. I'm guessing that part of this is the weak dollar and instead of hiking prices up big they're just slowly removing some features that hopefully people won't notice or care much about (my 2008 BMW has fabric - the headliner fabric- sunshades, my 2011 M3 had vinyl, but I really didn't care much). Also if you look around the world the US pays the lowest prices for most luxury cars including BMWs, even after you adjust for taxes and duties - so in my opinion this type of thing will slowly continue to happen unless we are willing to pay more for the cars.

Don't get me wrong - I am going to miss this and the auto high-beams (which I have on my 2008); but I suspect most buyers may not notice or if given the choice would rather have the car for a lower price and not have those features in. At least that's the bet I think that BMWNA is making.
Crappy floor mats? Fine.

Lateral seat support for a M Performance car? Not a feature to leave off and hope no one cares. Of course we care!
      09-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #49
puffysheep
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I also want to write a formal letter and talk to someone at the customer relations. Does anyone know a phone number/email address for BMW NA customer relations? Any idea as to what the physical address is to mail a formal complaint letter? If they don't correct this, I'm seriously thinking about a law suit for mis-leading the customers... My lawyer friend said this would be a legitimate case.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #50
ucla95
Striker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
And I have both screenshots and ordering guide PDF which say that my car should have had 20 way seats.
Can you please post these up?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #51
ucla95
Striker
Rep

This dealer's ad (if you click and open the 'Interior' section) also says 20-way seats.

http://www.motorwerksbmw.com/detail-...w-9279003.html
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #52
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
Can you please post these up?
see attached.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf F10M_DOT_FINAL.pdf (1.67 MB, 376 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #53
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Stealth thank you for saving this and putting it up. This provides great leverage.

As for the rest, unfortunately I was unable to get a hold of BMW NA Customer Relations on Friday after I got home from work. I got off too late and the BMW offices were closed. I will call them again on Monday.

My overall objective here is to simply find out the truth about what happened. I realize that many new owners are not happy about this situation and now that Stealth.Pilot has provided some substantial evidence that both the American and Canadian markets should have gotten the 20-Way seats, we have 3 choices.

1. We can simply find out the truth and leave it at that.

2. We can take action.

3. We can do nothing.

My personal endeavor is to do my due diligence in finding out the truth. Whether this is something deliberate or a huge mistake where a single worker at the BMW plant forgot to push a button is what I intend to prove. If the owners and the community want to do something about this, then we will all need to take action. The best 3 things that we can do if we want to take action is to:

1. Contact our dealers and inform them of the situation using this forum as a basis for information and facts.

2. Call the BMW Customer Relations number and lodge and inquiry and/or complaint. 800-831-1117.

3. Write a letter to BMW North America and address the problem in the letter.

Here's what I am going to do:

1. I have already informed my dealer about this and he is trying to work on it from his end. However, if we get enough dealers involved BMW will definitely take notice.

2. I will call the BMW Customer Relations number again on Monday and make another inquiry for their records.

3. I will obtain a mailing address and email address on Monday so that we can all start a letter writing campaign stating our dismay.

No matter what, if we ALL take action and do these 3 things, I have no doubt that BMW North America and BMW AG will take notice.

Like I said my personal feelings is that I just want the truth about what happened and I'm not going to buy BMW's excuse that it was always supposed to be an 18-Way adjustable seat. If this gets enough attention and BMW feels that the new F10 M5 owners across the United States and Canada should be compensated then that will be their decision, but I am not going to make any demands, for now.

Lastly, if anybody here wants to take legal action, by all means proceed. However, I kindly ask that on behalf of our trust in BMW, that we should first give them a chance to explain themselves or if they want, to compensate us.

So please if you are serious about this like I am. Read this post again and take action on your own behalf as a loyal BMW customer. I have no doubt that we will find out the truth soon enough. Thank you.

Oh and Party On!

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #54
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Just picked up my car today and of course it does not have the adjustable side bolsters, which frankly in this car is ridiculous. On- line when I was researching the car it mentioned the 20 way adjustable seats and the quick guide supplied with the car shows and mentions the adjustable side bolsters. It does NOT say that this is an option, hence the strong implication is that this is a standard item.

I hope that we first purchasers of the car can force BMW to make this right. As for me, I'd like to have the correct seats retrofitted to my car.
Bish
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #55
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

This is getting ugly.... someone needs to chime into this thread! ///M customers are very passionate about their cars and I see at minimum a retrofit or credit from BMW.
      09-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #56
puffysheep
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I just wrote a formal complaint email to BMW.
If they don't resolve this problem in next couple days, I intend to send certified formal letter to BMW of NA.
I also agree that we should all voice our complaints so that BMW corrects this problem swiftly without the lawyers being involved.

Here is the contact for the Customer Relations if anyone is interested:

Our address:
BMW of North America, LLC
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731

Customer Relations:
1-800-831-1117
customerrelations@bmwusa.com
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #57
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffysheep
I just wrote a formal complaint email to BMW.
If they don't resolve this problem in next couple days, I intend to send certified formal letter to BMW of NA.
I also agree that we should all voice our complaints so that BMW corrects this problem swiftly without the lawyers being involved.

Here is the contact for the Customer Relations if anyone is interested:

Our address:
BMW of North America, LLC
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731

Customer Relations:
1-800-831-1117
customerrelations@bmwusa.com

Thanks so much just sent off email. will follow up with formal letter and phone call. Here is what I sent.

To whom it may concern,

I just purchased my F10 M5 which was delivered on August 27.When I originally ordered this car your documentation reflected 20 way power adjustable seats with side adjustments. Upon car delivery the side adjustable support mechanism was missing. Im very disappointed the seats are missing this feature making them only 18 way adjustable seats now, which is clearly different than what I ordered. My dealer has directed me to you to resolve this matter

VIN:

I look forward to a resolution of this matter, either a seat replacement or financial credit.

Thank You,
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #58
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for starting this. I will send a letter too. Perhaps we should also start a petition for retrofit or compensation.

This was ridiculous on the part of BMW NA. Even the lowly Lexus GS350 has adjustable bolsters in its premium package and Lexus offers this even without the F Sport package. Whereas our genuine flagship M car does not have it. Absurd.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #59
BodyPlexM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Back

Are we better off doing this individually, or do we have more power determining a spokesman to go to BMWNA with a long list of us?
I believe there is more power as a group
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #60
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyPlexM5 View Post
Are we better off doing this individually, or do we have more power determining a spokesman to go to BMWNA with a long list of us?
I think you all will get more results with both avenues of approach. A group list/class action type formal complaint with BMWNA and individual complaints with your respective dealerships. Ofcourse the dealer doesn't want to foot the bill for the discrepancy so they will surely elevate it for BMW to come up with a solution. Multiple hits from dealerships around the states will definitely light some fires.
      09-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #61
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyPlexM5 View Post
I think you all will get more results with both avenues of approach. A group list/class action type formal complaint with BMWNA and individual complaints with your respective dealerships. Ofcourse the dealer doesn't want to foot the bill for the discrepancy so they will surely elevate it for BMW to come up with a solution. Multiple hits from dealerships around the states will definitely light some fires.
My dealer directed me to BMW NA as they wanted nothing to do with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #62
Tigumz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M-VO; Z8(03)-Blk

Garage List
2003 BMW Z8  [0.00]
2011 Bmw 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
I've been fortunate enough to have owned a number of BMWs over the past dozen years - and I've seen this slow trend of decontenting for some time...".".
What really gets me is that at this price level, I can't believe that the incremental cost would have been a deal breaker for any or most of us end users. A focus group survey would have found that out. Maybe the bean counters snuck one by the engineers this time....
2004 Ferrari 360CS, 07 Lotus Exige S
Former M cars: Euro E30 M3, 01 E39 M5, 08 E60 M5, F10 M5, 18 M2Comp
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #63
FLOMACKS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60

Hey-

I have the PDF revision- 5/3/2012 with the 20 way seats documented as well.

Did you notice that the PDF on the website now says 18 way seats? Did you also notice that the revision date still says 5/3/2012?

They're trying to be sneaky.
2015 S63AMG Sedan
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #64
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Lets do a group petition. Dealers ail do nothing once the car is sold. They'll simply say contact BMW NA.
      09-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #65
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllwlf
Hey-

I have the PDF revision- 5/3/2012 with the 20 way seats documented as well.

Did you notice that the PDF on the website now says 18 way seats? Did you also notice that the revision date still says 5/3/2012?

They're trying to be sneaky.
Sneaky. I downloaded that PDF in July.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #66
ucla95
Striker
Rep

Do you think they would be able to retrofit this - or would it require an entire new seat?
Appreciate 0