M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

03-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Dumb lease question

Hey guys - now that the paperwork time is near, had a dumb leasing related question. I think I know the answer but would like to confirm:

- if I take European delivery of the car, the MSRP used for calculating lease residual is the MSRP as if the car was bought in U.S., Right? For example my car's MSRP is about $127K if I took original delivery in US. But because of ED, my pre discounted sticker price is about $120k. Can you please confirm?

- how soon can I lock in my rates? March rates look really good but my delivery is not scheduled until May 22 in Munich.

Thanks guys
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
Ninong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post

- if I take European delivery of the car, the MSRP used for calculating lease residual is the MSRP as if the car was bought in U.S., Right? For example my car's MSRP is about $127K if I took original delivery in US. But because of ED, my pre discounted sticker price is about $120k. Can you please confirm?
Yes, that's correct. It's the US MSRP that is used for calculating the residual, not the ED MSRP.

Quote:
- how soon can I lock in my rates? March rates look really good but my delivery is not scheduled until May 22 in Munich.
Initially I misread your question. I think what you're asking is how soon can you sign the lease, right? I'm not sure. I doubt it would be possible to sign it in March if your delivery is not until May 22. You need to ask your CA about this. I don't ever remember doing one more than about three weeks before the delivery date.

If you don't yet have an approval from BMWFS (meaning the dealership has not yet submitted your credit app), then have them submit it the last week of March to lock it the March rates in case the May rates are not as good. In any case, once you sign the lease, it can't be changed.

Last edited by Ninong; 03-19-2015 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
Ninong
Private First Class
Rep

Wow! You're getting caramel with walnut honey trim? That's definitely "individual" on an M5. Was it very difficult to get them to accept your request, considering those are 7-series colors?

Post pics once you get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:02 AM   #4
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong
Wow! You're getting caramel with walnut honey trim? That's definitely "individual" on an M5. Was it very difficult to get them to accept your request, considering those are 7-series colors?

Post pics once you get it.
Thanks! I saw the combo on an Alpina B7 and then also happened to be chauffeured in a car with the same interior. Loved it.

It took a while for BMWNA to approve it. They had initially turned it down but after a couple more tries, they accepted the requested it.

Will def post pics once I get the car. Can't wait to get behind the wheel of this thing.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:03 AM   #5
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, that's correct. It's the US MSRP that is used for calculating the residual, not the ED MSRP.

Quote:
Initially I misread your question. I think what you're asking is how soon can you sign the lease, right? I'm not sure. I doubt it would be possible to sign it in March if your delivery is not until May 22. You need to ask your CA about this. I don't ever remember doing one more than about three weeks before the delivery date.

If you don't yet have an approval from BMWFS (meaning the dealership has not yet submitted your credit app), then have them submit it the last week of March to lock it the March rates in case the May rates are not as good. In any case, once you sign the lease, it can't be changed.
Thanks. I thought the same that it's the US MSRP.

I'll call my dealer to lock the March rates. That's really all I care about. I can sign the lease in May as long as I get the March residuals and rates. Thanks again!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #6
Ninong
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I'll call my dealer to lock the March rates. That's really all I care about. I can sign the lease in May as long as I get the March residuals and rates. Thanks again!
Yes, definitely call the dealership and ask about that because my information is not current and things change from time to time. I know that you can take advantage of the residuals and rates that are in effect on the day you sign the lease contract if they're more attractive but I'm not sure about the other stuff, such as how far in advance of the European delivery date you can sign the lease contract. Obviously you have to sign it before you leave on your trip but that can be two weeks or two days before you leave depending on what your dealer wants.

It's going to be gorgeous and definitely one-of-a-kind in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #7
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

I've got nothing to add but I also am looking forward to how this build will turn out.

I've never seen Moonstone in person and with the Caramel Leather and Walnut Honey Trim yours will definitely be one of a kind.

2021 M5 Competition Marina Bay Blue/ Individual Tartufo/ Individual Piano Black Trim. Took delivery 11/27/2020
2017 X5 ///M Silverstone/Mugello Red/ Carbon Fiber Trim Turned in 11/27/2020
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruza
I've got nothing to add but I also am looking forward to how this build will turn out.

I've never seen Moonstone in person and with the Caramel Leather and Walnut Honey Trim yours will definitely be one of a kind.
Thanks. I hadn't seen a moonstone in person when I had ordered it. But I finally saw it at a local dealer and it's a Beautiful color.

I will be posting pictures when I get the car. Only regret is that I will only have the car for a day and a half in Europe before its sent back and then the long wait.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #9
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, definitely call the dealership and ask about that because my information is not current and things change from time to time. I know that you can take advantage of the residuals and rates that are in effect on the day you sign the lease contract if they're more attractive but I'm not sure about the other stuff, such as how far in advance of the European delivery date you can sign the lease contract. Obviously you have to sign it before you leave on your trip but that can be two weeks or two days before you leave depending on what your dealer wants.

It's going to be gorgeous and definitely one-of-a-kind in the US.
Just checked. I can lock in the program right now. Just sent over my app. March residual of 64% for 10K is really good!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:12 PM   #10
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

I checked with my CA. He said that we can lock in programs for 60 days from the end of program. Therefore, March programs can be locked in for delivery 60 days from March 31st - to end of May :-)

Needless to say, I locked in my program.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #11
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Quote:
...Needless to say, I locked in my program.
I'm hoping April rates will be better. If not, I can get March rates in April. I should be picking up my car in 2-3 weeks. That's if pirates don't take over the ship going through the Panama canal.
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #12
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronch
Quote:
...Needless to say, I locked in my program.
I'm hoping April rates will be better. If not, I can get March rates in April. I should be picking up my car in 2-3 weeks. That's if pirates don't take over the ship going through the Panama canal.
Good luck! I'm hoping for the same but I will at worst get the March rates.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0