M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #67
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
Guys, the dyno sheets are uncorrected. This is one reason for the high numbers.

Its probably more like 25hp (tops?) for exhaust, plates and charcoal. Thats what I would think makes sense, but this could easily be argued both ways.

I would agree with one thing, the car is faster with charcoals out and plates in places. Charcoals would restrict airflow, and plates would stop hot air from entering the intake. These are defiantly power gains. How much? We could go back and forth all day. To me, all that matters is these are easy and quick mods to do.. and you get a power increase. Really, thats all that matters (to me atleast).
I just read through this thread. The three dynos shown are actually corrected using the "STD" method. All that means is that in addition to the SAE correction it uses elevation as an additional factor in correcting the data (which is an input by the dyno operator). I have downloaded the WINpep software and am able to view the actual "drf" files (sent to me by the dyno operators when I get my cars dynoed), so you can toggle through all the different corrections. STD correction always reads higher (unless the dyno facility is below sea level and input as such) than an SAE correction. So the STD correction isn't likely a factor in why there is such a huge variance in the peak dyno figures since it appears to be the same dyno facility and they would have to have changed the elevation inputs to skew it.
Appreciate 0