M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Closed Thread

03-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #23
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I do envy the owner and his ability to do all the things he wishes to the car. And I appreciate your reporting all this to us, it will be interesting to see if the limits are reached with the DCT trying to handle all the extra HP!
hahahaha! That is one lucky owner huh?

IT is not the HP but the Torque. I wonder what rock these guys will hide under when the DCT explodes. It is rated at no more than 700 lb ft. Some pretty dangerous characters over there. Not sure I'd want to take ANY chances blowing up their M5s.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #24
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dudes, chillax. I was just being facetious. A carry over from my E60 days humor. Sometimes I forget the ability of Bimmerpost members to understand this type of humor as is commonly present in the E60 M5 section on M5Board. In fact, just today one of my friends on M5Board straight up told me that he hated one of my posts, but then immediately tells me that he loves me (in a no-homo kind of way that is, lol!). I think it's great they are doing what they want. Who am I to judge? It's a free world afterall. But I really did think those were a totally different type of turbocharger, instead of the stock ones.

Bottom line: Don't take anything I say seriously.
No kidding bro1 We used to REALLY joke around there and never worry about someone freaking out.

btw. Your car sux dude! California freaking punks have NO CLUE how to mod. East vs. West baby! Hate the black, hate the tint, hate the wheels, hate the exhaust, hate the engine, hate the brakes...hate the dang driver. YOU SUCK! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! How's that for a little old time fun!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
No kidding bro1 We used to REALLY joke around there and never worry about someone freaking out.

btw. Your car sux dude! California freaking punks have NO CLUE how to mod. East vs. West baby! Hate the black, hate the tint, hate the wheels, hate the exhaust, hate the engine, hate the brakes...hate the dang driver. YOU SUCK! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! How's that for a little old time fun!
Haha exactly! Abusing each other and then derailing all each others threads so that it become so off topic you might as well change the title of the thread! Lol! Don't worry man, we'll get Bimmerpost to chill out one of these days.

But yeah cool story bro!

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #26
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Haha exactly! Abusing each other and then derailing all each others threads so that it become so off topic you might as well change the title of the thread! Lol! Don't worry man, we'll get Bimmerpost to chill out one of these days.

But yeah cool story bro!
hahahaha! Paul "ACG" and I were the big "derailers" there for quite a while. Would start off as a "carbon fiber spoiler" thread and we'd be teasing some other guy for not getting his wheels in for 6 months!-lolhi

Kinda keeping it in check here.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I like what I'm seeing
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

he will surely switch out the chrome before you get your eibachs and lower Mika/Mike..

Quote:
How are you guys going to fit the UAE license plate on the rear carbon fiber trunk with the space for the license plate being the American size?

Also all those mods and no plans to take the chrome off of the doors?

What kind of upgraded turbo's are those?

How far away is the sun from earth?

And finally, how are you guys going to get the same weight reduction that Snooki did on her diet plan with no plans to remove the rear and front seats and install recaro race seats?

You guys should also consider a carbon fiber front windsheild and carbon fiber Michelin Pilot Super Sports to really get that weight down.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #29
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru View Post
he will surely switch out the chrome before you get your eibachs and lower Mika/Mike..
LOL! You are probably right! Although I might just defect to the Dark Side and get the H&R's. Oye! Stupid Eibach!

But ok, no more derailing this thread. Back on topic.

I'm interested in seeing how much of a weight reduction is finally achieved. I will say that if I were doing so many carbon fiber parts I would do it like the E90 M3 CRT, and make all of the panels the exterior paint body color instead of having carbon fiber stick out everywhere on the car. That's just me though.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #30
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
Quote:
Dudes, chillax. I was just being facetious. A carry over from my E60 days humor. Sometimes I forget the ability of Bimmerpost members to understand this type of humor as is commonly present in the E60 M5 section on M5Board. In fact, just today one of my friends on M5Board straight up told me that he hated one of my posts, but then immediately tells me that he loves me (in a no-homo kind of way that is, lol!). I think it's great they are doing what they want. Who am I to judge? It's a free world afterall. But I really did think those were a totally different type of turbocharger, instead of the stock ones.

You're a homo!!!

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #31
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
hahahaha! That is one lucky owner huh?

IT is not the HP but the Torque. I wonder what rock these guys will hide under when the DCT explodes. It is rated at no more than 700 lb ft. Some pretty dangerous characters over there. Not sure I'd want to take ANY chances blowing up their M5s.
No sweat... dodson will finger f*ck the gearbox and voila! We have launch!

Sort of like what the GTR boys were doing!

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #32
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

OK

I was probably just feeling for the guy. He seems to get a hard time in every post he makes (I have given him some hard time too... )
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #33
MohdHmk
Rep
Drives: M5 f10 2013

Allah ywafgkom , inshalla btw9loon mid 10's in Yas Drag .. Carbon fiber on MCB is Just amazing !
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #34
Ebrahim
Rep
Drives: f10 M5

..that's just insane i love it...the only problem I see is traction,other then that thumbs up all the way
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #35
Aboody99
Private
Qatar
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
::update::
Bajeekum inshallah next month with my M5 need a few modifications
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:15 AM   #36
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M

::update pg.1 TOP::
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #37
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrahim View Post
..that's just insane i love it...the only problem I see is traction,other then that thumbs up all the way
True, i wish bmw gets an X-drive version of the M5
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
::update pg.1 TOP::
Interesting that he got an 18" rim on the rear. I don't know what's available in drag slicks these days, but I'd have to think there would be many more options in a 15" rim diameter. He must have modified, or replaced entirely, the rear caliper and rotor, so why not go with the 15" rim for drag use? Any pictures of the new rear brake setup?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #39
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Interesting that he got an 18" rim on the rear. I don't know what's available in drag slicks these days, but I'd have to think there would be many more options in a 15" rim diameter. He must have modified, or replaced entirely, the rear caliper and rotor, so why not go with the 15" rim for drag use? Any pictures of the new rear brake setup?
Actually the rear rotors and callipers aren't that big, i think it will fit perfectly. Ill post pics tomorrow (installation)
      03-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #40
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Even more interesting........ No aftermarket wheel manufacturer that I know of has been able to fit even a 19" rim on the rear. The BMW casting of their 19" rim must have a shape that can't be duplicated in a forged wheel. And even with the 19" diameter the clearance is very close. Please post pictures of both the brakes and installed rim, I'm very interested!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #41
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Even more interesting........ No aftermarket wheel manufacturer that I know of has been able to fit even a 19" rim on the rear. The BMW casting of their 19" rim must have a shape that can't be duplicated in a forged wheel. And even with the 19" diameter the clearance is very close. Please post pictures of both the brakes and installed rim, I'm very interested!
We haven't tested them yet, you just pointed out something really important we'll try to fit them out tomorrow, ill post pics. Thanks
      03-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #42
Ebrahim
Rep
Drives: f10 M5

Quote:
True, i wish bmw gets an X-drive version of the M5
X5M TRACTION IN A M5 = PERFECT
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #43
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
If you ask me, they destroyed a beautiful M5. They should have stuck with the sleeper look or at least painted the CF parts.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #44
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

NEW UPDATE