M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

12-01-2023, 05:46 PM   #1
lasd000
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2012 (F10)

F10 M5 Car running rich even after reinstalling stock downpipes

Hello everyone,

I purchased my 2012 M5 a year ago with catless downpipes and, as far as I know, no tune. Recently, I replaced them with catted OEM downpipes.

Despite cleaning the intake system and sensors, I'm still getting "running rich on both banks" error codes (118011 and 118111).

These codes were present with the catless downpipes, but there was no check engine light or drivetrain malfunction alerts. So it has me wondering if it has some kind of tune and how can I be flash ot back to stock ( I have access to ISTA+ can it do it?)

The car has not been driven much lately since these changes were made in a shop, maybe it needs to complete a few droving cycles to adapt to the new dps?
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated, running out of ideas here.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 05:41 AM   #2
lasd000
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2012 (F10)

Update: Apparently car has a tune to prevent CEL, does anyone knows if its possible to have the dmes tuned back to stock with ISTA+?

Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0