M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

HRE S107 on a F10 M5

Just before Xmas I received my HRE S107s from Ben @ Wheelsboutique .
Working with him was a pleasure as he kept me well informed throughout the process
and delivery was on time with no issues whatsoever .
Fitment is great and as you can see in the pictures below the wheels sit very flush to the fender but there's still enough room so there's no rubbing.

I stayed with 20s given the roads in New England as 21" would like have not enough
rubber to cope with all the potholes and rough roads out here.
Tire wise I upsized to 305s in the back , for the front I stuck with the OEM size.
Unfortunately the Michelin tires are not available as 305s for 20" so I had to
use Pirelli Pzero
I am/was very much on the fence between the S101 and the S107 , the S101 is
a great wheel and I almost decided for it. In the end I picked the S107 for the time being. Both are easy to clean and do not have a huge lip.

Below are a couple of pictures with the wheels, tires and Hartge springs

A few side shots

Rear Wheel

Rear Fitment

Front Fitment

Rear view
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

Very nice. I put my P40s on last week, too.
Are you considering putting spacer in the front?
      12-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Very interested in your review of the 305s. Does the additional rubber make a dramatic difference in traction control cutting in?

Last edited by Rob///M5; 12-23-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Nice. I like em. Can you share the offset please.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Very interested in your review of the 305s. Does the additional rubber make a dramatic difference in traction control cutting in?
So far I have to say the 305 Pzeros seem to cause the traction control light to be on more..
I'll wait 200-300mls to make a judgement whether they have less grip than the PSS
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Nice. I like em. Can you share the offset please.
I'd suggest to contact Ben from Wheelsboutique at "ben at wheelsboutique.com"
as they are using their own offset which is working very well.
Wheels are sitting flush with the fenders and no rubbing even with the lowering
springs installed.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Wow man, looks great! I love the design of those, simple and classy. I'd love to get a set of those in brushed aluminum. My wallet would never forgive me though
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Looks great!
      12-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

oh my... they look phenomenal! well played, sir

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
PSTM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT-R, CTS-V Coupe, 750i

Looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
mgallen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Black

Your car looks great! I like how much you lowered it.

Curious to know if the Hartge springs eliminate the "clunk" sound? Or did you not have that problem?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #12
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallen View Post
Your car looks great! I like how much you lowered it.

Curious to know if the Hartge springs eliminate the "clunk" sound? Or did you not have that problem?
Thx !

The "clunk" will not go away with aftermarket springs as the problem are the spring mounts.
Honestly I don't hear the clunk 99% of the time and if I hear it it's only for the fraction of a second. So far I can live with it
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
mgallen
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Thx !

The "clunk" will not go away with aftermarket springs as the problem are the spring mounts.
Honestly I don't hear the clunk 99% of the time and if I hear it it's only for the fraction of a second. So far I can live with it
Wow, you're lucky.

I hear my "clunk" sound frequently - practically over every bump in the road. The sound is actually getting worse over time.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #14
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, you're lucky.

I hear my "clunk" sound frequently - practically over every bump in the road. The sound is actually getting worse over time.
That's too bad . Maybe moving/rotating them might quiet it down a little.
If you are having trouble with your dealer feel free to reach out to me as the dealer I go to is aware of the issue (they went with me for ED and we also talked to the folks at ///M about the issue) and they will help once the fix is available.
There's not yet a fix but it's "coming" (supposedly new spring mounts/rubbers, there's also been talk of new springs at some point).
From what we've been told this issue will be addressed on a customer complaint basis and not be a pro-active recall
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
mgallen
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you are having trouble with your dealer feel free to reach out to me as the dealer I go to is aware of the issue (they went with me for ED and we also talked to the folks at ///M about the issue) and they will help once the fix is available.
There's not yet a fix but it's "coming" (supposedly new spring mounts/rubbers, there's also been talk of new springs at some point).
From what we've been told this issue will be addressed on a customer complaint basis and not be a pro-active recall
Thanks. I may want take you up on your offer. Which dealer do you use? I currently use BMW Gallery in Norwood. I've had an okay experience with them, and they're 5 minutes away from where I work.

Just not sure if anything can be done now, but I do want to bring in the car so that my issue is "in the system".
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
mgallen
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BTW, thanks for the Detailer recommendation. Rick did a nice job for me last month.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I may want take you up on your offer. Which dealer do you use? I currently use BMW Gallery in Norwood. I've had an okay experience with them, and they're 5 minutes away from where I work.

Just not sure if anything can be done now, but I do want to bring in the car so that my issue is "in the system".
I am using BMW Tulley in Nashua (or Manchester) NH , would be a drive for you but their
service department is outstanding and I never had any complaints or issues with them.
Very accommodating for warranty work etc
Nothing the dealer can fix yet (maybe just try to reduce the noise) but certainly a good
idea to just "register" your complaint

Yep Rick or JD both do great work . JD is in Winchester and has worked on my cars for years. Very standup guy and extremely customer service oriented (loaners/shuttle/on time/weekends/delivery etc) .
Appreciate 0