M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-19-2016, 03:36 AM   #1
seech
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

Any UK owners with 2012 or earlier comfort access?

Morning all.

My car is currently at a supplying dealer fixing an issue before it gets delivered back to me. I asked them to check the smart opened for the boot works, but they say it doesn't have it. Someone on another forum states their March 2012 registered car has it. My car is an April 2012 build, June 2012 reg.

I've called BMW Customer services who weren't able to help. Is there a definitive date when these were introduced in the UK? The dealer says 2014 which I know isn't true.

There is a BMW ConnectedDrive app with a video demo showing a 61 plate F10 with it. My concern is that if I do have it, it's not working and the dealer needs to sort it.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

One can easily check if you remove the rear diffuser and look for the required hardware

Here are some pictures from another members bumper modification.
1st is the required control module
2nd is the actual foot sensor ( the black cable/pipe looking thing)

11-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
DaveCM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Sapphire Black

Here is a link for another discussion of this. It said in there cars built after 9/2011 with comfort access but then another guy says all 2012 cars with comfort access.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624158

As for my '14, all I can say is I tried open with the foot swipe once or twice and with some determination it would finally work but I looked like a retard to observers, kicking at the back of my car for no apparent reason over and over again until finally the boot opened out of apparent sympathy for me and my struggles, or that I finally succeeded in jamming my foot up my cars arse. Whatever the reason, I just press the button now.

Last edited by DaveCM5; 11-20-2016 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCM5 View Post

As for my '14, all I can say is I tried open with the foot swipe once or twice and with some determination it would finally work but I looked like a retard to observers, kicking at the back of my car for no apparent reason over and over again until finally the boot opened out of apparent sympathy for me and my struggles, or that I finally succeeded in jamming my foot up my cars arse. Whatever the reason, I just press the button now.
They really need to teach the sales staff better to show customers, as I have found few know how the system works.

Its not about kicking forward, its about holding you foot forward a second or 2 and then quickly bringing it back.

Notice here on the 3 Series it opens as he retracts his foot after holding it there 2 seconds or so

11-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #5
seech
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

Thanks for the response guys.

So is that cable-looking sensor visible from looking under the car? The car is still with the dealer at the moment and I'm not able to check.

Is it possible to not have it when another UK owner had it in a slightly earlier build?

Thanks
Appreciate 0