BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Sweet sounds - TT V8 vs TT I6

Yeeeeeah, I prefer the sound of a Twin Turbo V8.

Also, sweet looking Fire Orange M5 in the foreground. I wonder where this was at.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Yeeeeeah, I prefer the sound of a Twin Turbo V8.

Also, sweet looking Fire Orange M5 in the foreground. I wonder where this was at.

TT I6 sewing machine!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
saflang
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I'm not sure where, but it was during the M Power Tour.
I was at our M Power Tour here in Mission, BC (outside of Vancouver).
I was able to drive most of the fleet, but I spent most of the time in the Fire Orange M5.
All of the cars had CCB's, most had B&O and full leather. Having felt the CCB's on the track, they would almost make me think of getting them as an upgrade next time. A few of the cars, including the Fire Orange had Titanium exhausts as well. They look awesome, but besides the weight savings they are still not loud enough for the expense for me.

My day with the tour ended abruptly when someone of the group crashed an M6GC !! All airbags on the right hand side deployed. The driver escaped with just a bruised forearm to my knowledge. They didn't let us investigate the crash, but they did call the police, fire, and ambulance just in case. The cop was only there for a few minutes, and on his way back he then jokingly came up to us and asked if he could drive the cars as well.

The Fire Orange was nice, but I think my favorite was the Metallic Red (not sure of the actual name).

My biggest surprise was that all of the cars (but the Orange M5) were equipped with Continentals Extreme's and not PSS's !! I asked about this and Continental is a sponsor.
      09-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
saflang
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Oh about the sound. I almost found the sound of the M3's and M4's deeper and richer than the M5's and M6's when sitting inside the car. So the M5's and 6's may sound better on the video, you'd be surprised how good the 3's and 4's sound when driving !! Maybe Active Sound enhancements, but not entirely.
      09-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saflang View Post
Oh about the sound. I almost found the sound of the M3's and M4's deeper and richer than the M5's and M6's when sitting inside the car. So the M5's and 6's may sound better on the video, you'd be surprised how good the 3's and 4's sound when driving !! Maybe Active Sound enhancements, but not entirely.
I actually tend to agree with you. Stock for stock, the sound enhancement on the inside of the M4 does sound much much better than the M5. On the outside though, there is no question.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

The TT V8 certainly sounds better. I'm not a big fan of BMW's "enhancement" of the engine sounds on the inside, though.
Appreciate 0