M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-18-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
znammzM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 SG M6

Installed KW HAS & CP Sway Bars Today

Intro:
I installed the HAS and Sway Bars at Mod Bargains in La Habra today. The installation started at 8AM and did not get "partially" finish until around 3PM and spend the next hour on adjustment, I left at 4PM. So it took 7 hours labor total (minus 1 hours for the tech to go to lunch)

Installation and Notes:
After the first adjustment, the car was offset by a few mm (3mm to 1/4 inches from F to R) so they have to put it back on the lift to re-adjust and finally got it flushed equally on both side. I could not go lower on the front Pass side for some reason, the Tech said the sleeve lowering height max out so I have to adjust the other side to match the Pass side. It took 2 try on the lift and the owner required me to pays $25 more for the second lift to adjust the 3mm differences (which I'm not too happy about but I pay $500 total for both HAS and CP Bars install so price is reasonable IMO at $525 total). The final measurement from the bottom of the wheels (343M) to fender are as follows:

Front Dr/Pass: 25 1/4 inches
Rear Dr/Pass: 25 inches
(I do not know the original measurement, so if anyone can give me the original from the bottom of the wheels (not ground) to fender)

Driving Impressions:
My first driving impression was positive. I'm overall happy with the set-up but I think I should of went with a stiffer sway bar because when I compare CP with OEM, there is barely any difference.

Pros:
The car feels flatter during hard cornering
Looks Better than the CP M6, sits a little bit lower than the CP M6.
The road feels slightly better, bump seem to get absorb better with less noise

Cons:
Easily scrape the front lower rubber on the front bumper, heard scrape sounds twice when entering and exiting parking lot and over speed bump around Garden Grove, CA area.
Handling feels good but weird to me for some reason, maybe because I'm not use to it yet.

Will post pics tomorrow and a follow-up experience after a good wash and cleaning

A question to those who have HAS Kits for M5/M6. Was any part in the OEM was reused during the installation such as bump stop or other parts??? When I go over speed bump i heard a "thump" sounds in the rear like when I had my M5 before the fix. Also, How long do we wait until doing an official alignment?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #2
znammzM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 SG M6

pics

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
v3n0m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB M5

Looks good! The HAS uses the OEM shocks so you can retain the EDC.

Which sways did you get? Did you install spacers?
Appreciate 0