BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Blue.Thunder's F10 M5 Spotted!

Finally some video of Blue.Thunders one off mystery color blue F10 M5.

You can catch it at 1:45s in this video.

Looking good buddy!

Looks like your enjoying your M5. Keep up the good work!

By the way Blue.Thunder is running the standard Competition Package Exhaust which as you can hear in this video is pretty good compared to all of the other exhausts. I at least feel that I can hear it in the video more than other cars.

Was really disappointed when the Audi RS6 Safety accelerated though. You can't hear anything. Or at least it's completely drowned out by that M4 Safety Car running the Akrapovic exhaust accelerating in front of it.

Also pretty cool F83 M4 Convertable at the beginning. 0:15s.

Sad that there wasn't at least one S85 V10 present too.

Last edited by RPiM5; 06-27-2014 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
SocalBM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3

God....those M3s all sound SOOOOO awful, even the safety car with modded exhaust. Talk about depressing. If I do end up getting one, I might have to put on the quietest exhaust ever designed by man, just so it doesn't sound like a farty Honduh.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalBM View Post
God....those M3s all sound SOOOOO awful, even the safety car with modded exhaust. Talk about depressing. If I do end up getting one, I might have to put on the quietest exhaust ever designed by man, just so it doesn't sound like a farty Honduh.
Funny.. it actually doesn't sound that farty in person but goodness that video makes it sound embarrassing.
      06-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
That was an awesome display of horsepower.

Blue Thunders car also really standout.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #5
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Dave- are you SURE Blue.Thunder is running a fully stock CP exhaust?
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

could watch this video 100 times!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #7
Danconia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

Sad that there wasn't at least one S85 V10 present too.
Check out 1:03. E61 M5 Touring

And I am sorry to some of the naysayers but the new M3/M4 sounds fantastic under load.
2008 E90 M3 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
Dave- are you SURE Blue.Thunder is running a fully stock CP exhaust?
Yes I'm sure, unless he changed it to something else since the last time I talked to him. He special ordered his exhaust tips to be the chrome ones and not the black ones for his M5's Competition Package Exhaust.

Edit: Ok, after careful analysis. It looks like Blue.Thunder's exhaust tips are slanted so that wouldn't match the chrome tips that the stock Comp Package exhaust would have and his tips look bigger. From the look and sound of it, I'm guesstimating that he may now be running the Eisenmann Sport or maybe Race Exhaust system. Or maybe an exhaust I don't know because I don't think the Eisenmann tips are slanted either. Where's Blue.Thunder when we need him???? Hmmm...

Last edited by RPiM5; 06-27-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danconia View Post
Check out 1:03. E61 M5 Touring

And I am sorry to some of the naysayers but the new M3/M4 sounds fantastic under load.
Damn. That escaped me! Good eye brotha!

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
Gumbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Aggressively

I like the sound of the new S55 motor, and the Akra on the safety cars sounded raw (in a good way). I can't wait to hear what the Eisenmann and catless RPI exhausts will sound like!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #11
Blue.Thunder
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10 Comp. Individual

Hey guys,

Blue.Thunder is back !!!

Sorry, but in the last weeks I had so much to do and had a lot of stress so I didn't have enough time to post something new. But I followed all your threads carefully.

This video was made on the occasion of the 24 hour race last weekend at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. This demonstration of pure M Power on the Nordschleife in the youtube video above is called "M Corso 2014" and I had the opportunity to be a part of it as well as many other M fanatics.

We started our so called "M Power Tour 2014", that should last 4 days, in Munich. It was powered by the BMW dealer in Munich and the M GmbH and represented the biggest group of Ms attending the M Festival. We drove in a gigantic M Corso with more than 50 different M cars with at least estimated 30.000 hp on the German Autobahn from Munich to the Nürburgring! It was unbelievable !!!

Among them were very special cars like an M1, a G-Power M3 E92 with more than 640 hp, a special Akrapovic-M4 show car with the brand new Akrapovic exhaust system, the DTM M4 with a modified Akrapovic exhaust system (that is REALLY VERY LOUD!), a M4 Convertible driven by special guest Albert Biermann himself (Chief of M engineering and M individual), furthermore special guest Johnny Cecotto (former legendary DTM race driver), Marc Hessel (experienced DTM race driver) and many many more... and of course my blue beast!
We attended many events and got a view at the M test center at the Nürburgring with Albert Biermann explaining the leading new M4 technology. This guy is really a M fanatic at its best. His knowledge and experience is awesome. So boys, now I know why our Ms are sooooo good!

At the M Festival at the Nürburgring we met Dr. Friedrich Nitschke, CEO of M Gmbh. I had the opportunity to talk to him. And boy, let me tell you, there will be big M things coming to us! We will get a new super car in 2016 on the 100th birthday of BMW... the successor of the legendary M1 !!! And much more. The upcoming media technology in the future Ms will be fascinating. So boys, stay with BMW M, it is worth it !
"Quattro and 4matic is for Sissis !"

Furthermore we saw the special edition M5 30 Jahre in person, the new M performance parts for the M4 and the M235i Racing edition.

And of course we were at the 24 hour race at the Nordschleife and watched the race from the stands, from the M hospitality, from the M Festival Lounge in the TÜV tower and even from the air by helicopter! Great view at the start of the race! Unfortunately BMW wasn't that successful this year. Hopefully next year.
There were so many events I can't mention it all.

But back to the M Corso and my beast.
In fact I modified my exhaust system and I installed the Akrapovic Evolution line with titanium tail pipes! (look at my thread http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...lue+m5&page=11)
Boy, the sound is great! Of course it's not as loud as RPiM5's exhaust system but I love it! When you drive slowly you have a deep grumbling bassy sound and when you give full throttle you have a metallic screaming sound that gives me goose pimples every time. And when you go through a tunnel it sounds incredible! I can't describe it better. The stock CP exhaust is already very good but the Akrapovic is perfect for M !

I made so many pics and videos on the tour that I'm still analyzing and organizing them. Of course I did a vid out of my car during the M Corso! Unfortunately I didn't have a gopro with me and a friend of mine had to make the shot freehand. So the quality is not very good, but I will always remember this. And I promise, next year I will attend the new M Power Tour 2015!
But if you are interested in some stages of the M Power Tour 2014 I could open a new thread and post some pics and vids...

Quote:
Yes I'm sure, unless he changed it to something else since the last time I talked to him. He special ordered his exhaust tips to be the chrome ones and not the black ones for his M5's Competition Package Exhaust.

Edit: Ok, after careful analysis. It looks like Blue.Thunder's exhaust tips are slanted so that wouldn't match the chrome tips that the stock Comp Package exhaust would have and his tips look bigger. From the look and sound of it, I'm guesstimating that he may now be running the Eisenmann Sport or maybe Race Exhaust system. Or maybe an exhaust I don't know because I don't think the Eisenmann tips are slanted either. Where's Blue.Thunder when we need him???? Hmmm...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:

Yeah... I didn't think the CP exhaust sounded that sweet!
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #13
qdtjant
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW Alpina D5S 2018

[QUOTE=Blue.Thunder;
But if you are interested in some stages of the M Power Tour 2014 I could open a new thread and post some pics and vids... [/QUOTE]

Yes please do.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Blue.Thunder post some pics and vids of your experience man. We'd love to see them!

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 05:41 AM   #15
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Great video.

Any idea what the GTS @ 0:17 & M3 Conv. @ 1:28 were running? Akrapovic?

My personal favourites are E61, GTS/M3 Conv, then F10 with Akra.

IMO the stock F80/82 sound is the worst, but then the E46 in this video sounds just as I remember it, which was not all that great TBH.
Appreciate 0