M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #67
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Oh ok. It was a spell Check error. Lol I was going to say damn dude that's a badazz ride. But yes the new 991 has a sexy azz on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #68
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Ha! I "get it" about the R8. Probably wold not be my choice simply because I do want the updated electronics. Don't get me wrong, I wold never trade elec for perf but I can get a nice combo of both I believe. I will just jump in that C4S tomm and be 1000% sure that I don't love it. I did drive the C2S in Sport Plus and it didn't do it. I will go with an open mind and if I loveit I will give the dealer "one chance" to make a sweet deal. They actually have an almost identical 2013 on the lot as well so perhaps they have some motivation (thinking WAY ahead here). Honestly, I think I will not be so in love but we will see. I drive a 2012 997 Turbo S and it didn't do it for me. The performance was great but that model felt "old". The 991 is so gorgeous. Ever made an apples to apples comparison like that to a 997 car? I know these are such subjective questions. Just trying so hard to really "get" the love of the Porsche. I guess tomm will be my FINAL decision. So tempting also because the Porsche is available NOW.
All my turbos were blistering fast with the 997.2 PDK with ecu and exhaust just being a joke from a dig. The car was faster than a stock Turbo S no doubt and just crushed it from 0-130. But the new chassis of the 991 is excellent and much improved over the 997. You get a longer wider wheelbase with an engine over the rear axle. The car is so much more planted at speed- its just so easy and fun to drive yet still creates the involvement feeling that I felt I didnt have in my GTR. Its not as fast the turbos but still quite formidable. Where I like it more is the steering, suspension feedback, and of course the chassis. It inspires confidence at all levels. I just got back from a spirited drive up and over 140 mph but found myself taking turns in the car at speeds I normally only achieve in the R8 (not even the BS). No wonder the track numbers for the "C2S" are so strong- expect the 4S to be even better. Check out this normal street driven Youtube on the 4S and the numbers it achieves so easily- I love how the LC can happen just like that!!!

Now its been 1 month and I feel the car is faster but in reality its just me learning the sweet spots of the car. One test drive didnt sell me 100% but 2 more did indeed close the deal. Now Im just very happy and its the weakest of all my lot in hp and tq yet is one of the best to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc View Post
NO Hre's on that 991, Vic?
I just got the car so Im testing out a set of 21's that the owner of SupremePower had/has.... I really like them on this car and I actually drop 5-6 lbs per each rear corner with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
I would find it so hard to part ways with my R8. Feels like a real race car that I can put the top down on. When driving it I take the long way almost every time. You forget about the older interior and NAV, the driving experience totally dominates and the confidence it gives any driver is incredible. Did I mention the V10 sound, its sex to my ears hehe.

There is nothing like the R8 that Ive owned. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Ahhhhhh young skywalker looking to the dark side(:
This padiwan is strong but we can turn him.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #69
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
All my turbos were blistering fast with the 997.2 PDK with ecu and exhaust just being a joke from a dig. The car was faster than a stock Turbo S no doubt and just crushed it from 0-130. But the new chassis of the 991 is excellent and much improved over the 997. You get a longer wider wheelbase with an engine over the rear axle. The car is so much more planted at speed- its just so easy and fun to drive yet still creates the involvement feeling that I felt I didnt have in my GTR. Its not as fast the turbos but still quite formidable. Where I like it more is the steering, suspension feedback, and of course the chassis. It inspires confidence at all levels. I just got back from a spirited drive up and over 140 mph but found myself taking turns in the car at speeds I normally only achieve in the R8 (not even the BS). No wonder the track numbers for the "C2S" are so strong- expect the 4S to be even better. Check out this normal street driven Youtube on the 4S and the numbers it achieves so easily- I love how the LC can happen just like that!!!

Now its been 1 month and I feel the car is faster but in reality its just me learning the sweet spots of the car. One test drive didnt sell me 100% but 2 more did indeed close the deal. Now Im just very happy and its the weakest of all my lot in hp and tq yet is one of the best to drive.

I just got the car so Im testing out a set of 21's that the owner of SupremePower had/has.... I really like them on this car and I actually drop 5-6 lbs per each rear corner with them.

Yep have to meet him for coffee on the north side of ATL, and he will turn. The force is strong in young skywalker.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #70
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6
Quote:
So Vic,

In order, what are your favorite vehicles i your garage? Am I crazy getting the F13 since we have an F12 or would you go another direction? I love the raw power of the M6.
Lol Henry! Could happen. Slim chance but possible! Will know by end of week! So tell me, just HOW much more do you like your C2S over your M5. I have seen your comments but do you not care that the power just isn't quite there? I don't track my cars but I suppose with the Porsche I might now and then.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #71
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:
Ha! I "get it" about the R8. Probably wold not be my choice simply because I do want the updated electronics. Don't get me wrong, I wold never trade elec for perf but I can get a nice combo of both I believe. I will just jump in that C4S tomm and be 1000% sure that I don't love it. I did drive the C2S in Sport Plus and it didn't do it. I will go with an open mind and if I loveit I will give the dealer "one chance" to make a sweet deal. They actually have an almost identical 2013 on the lot as well so perhaps they have some motivation (thinking WAY ahead here). Honestly, I think I will not be so in love but we will see. I drive a 2012 997 Turbo S and it didn't do it for me. The performance was great but that model felt "old". The 991 is so gorgeous. Ever made an apples to apples comparison like that to a 997 car? I know these are such subjective questions. Just trying so hard to really "get" the love of the Porsche. I guess tomm will be my FINAL decision. So tempting also because the Porsche is available NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc View Post
NO Hre's on that 991, Vic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
I would find it so hard to part ways with my R8. Feels like a real race car that I can put the top down on. When driving it I take the long way almost every time. You forget about the older interior and NAV, the driving experience totally dominates and the confidence it gives any driver is incredible. Did I mention the V10 sound, its sex to my ears hehe.

Quote:
Dang it! That LC video has my mouth watering! THAT is how a car is supposed to launch! Do you think 3.8 as shown is realistic? It is rated everywhere at 4.3 0-60. Sub 4 makes it interesting to me. Also, if you could choose one of your 987.2 TT cars or the 991 C4S which would it be? I know all of this is crazy but I just want to make a solid final decision and sleep well. This is what I do...ugh.

Looks gorgeous with those wide quarters huh? :-)

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #72
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Dang it! That LC video has my mouth watering! THAT is how a car is supposed to launch! Do you think 3.8 as shown is realistic? It is rated everywhere at 4.3 0-60. Sub 4 makes it interesting to me. Also, if you could choose one of your 987.2 TT cars or the 991 C4S which would it be? I know all of this is crazy but I just want to make a solid final decision and sleep well. This is what I do...ugh.

I dont know about the Porsche official numbers but the magazines (yes I said it) all have the C2S (not even the 4) in 0-60 under 4 seconds. My latest R&T has the C2S pulling the following numbers tested (02/2012) at 0-60 in 3.5 and 11.8 quarter at 118.4... every one that Ive checked with says the C4S is faster or the same and the most simple of YT vids showed it. Id guess they are evenly matched. As for the 4.3 numbers those might be Porsche numbers without sport plus too?? I think Car and Driver did 3.5 with the car.

You cant go by my subjective opinion nor can I give it you when i dont have either one of my turbos left and just have a brand new C4S which makes me happy. The chassis on the 991 is much better and so is the interior. The PDK electronics are better too and the efficiencies are amazing. The quartermile times and the 0-60 alone dont really add up for this car even with the lighter curb weight. I love how the car drives- it drives better than the 997.2TT that I had but its no where near as quick or fast but 118 traps and sub 4's are nice to have in a 400hp 325 tq car that can also turn and stop at will.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #73
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:

I dont know about the Porsche official numbers but the magazines (yes I said it) all have the C2S (not even the 4) in 0-60 under 4 seconds. My latest R&T has the C2S pulling the following numbers tested (02/2012) at 0-60 in 3.5 and 11.8 quarter at 118.4... every one that Ive checked with says the C4S is faster or the same and the most simple of YT vids showed it. Id guess they are evenly matched. As for the 4.3 numbers those might be Porsche numbers without sport plus too?? I think Car and Driver did 3.5 with the car.

You cant go by my subjective opinion nor can I give it you when i dont have either one of my turbos left and just have a brand new C4S which makes me happy. The chassis on the 991 is much better and so is the interior. The PDK electronics are better too and the efficiencies are amazing. The quartermile times and the 0-60 alone dont really add up for this car even with the lighter curb weight. I love how the car drives- it drives better than the 997.2TT that I had but its no where near as quick or fast but 118 traps and sub 4's are nice to have in a 400hp 325 tq car that can also turn and stop at will.
Fair enough. I'm going to drive one tomorrow :-)

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 02:34 AM   #74
FLOMACKS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Mike,so what time should i meet you at the porsche dealer.
i have been looking at the new 991 gt3 reviews over the weekend and i must say that i'm getting hooked,really loving those body lines and the factory wheels are just to die for.Need me a new weekend car.
Hey seriously Tim do you want to go? I get back in Atlanta at 8:30. Prob. will want to run over there around 11:30 or 12:00. GT# is too tough to get. Don't want to wait that long and/or pay the premium. Also like the luxury in the C4S. Text me.
I have a feeling we're all headed to the same place. I've been eyeing the inventory over there for a few months.

I probably won't make it there until Friday. Look forward to hearing your review.......
2015 S63AMG Sedan
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #75
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Lol Henry! Could happen. Slim chance but possible! Will know by end of week! So tell me, just HOW much more do you like your C2S over your M5. I have seen your comments but do you not care that the power just isn't quite there? I don't track my cars but I suppose with the Porsche I might now and then.
Don't get me wrong, and I hate all this chat on the M5 board about a Porsche. However, since Vic and I had both we can chat(: A test drive does not tell the story. After I drove it I was like he'll does it go any faster?? The key with the M5 is torque, and it goes so you can't compare that sensation. Now when the Porsche hits the high revs it's freaking awesome in my opinion. The interior as Vic said we top notch, and the NAV is all touch screen and very easy to use.

I'm fortunate to have the best of both worlds, but I really find myself driving the Porsche more any chance I can get. Easier car to drive, and it's freaking fun. I'm in GA all week maybe we can do a coffee, and young skywalker can experience the dark side.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #76
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Nothing wrong with discussing other cars when the topic of the thread is about that specifically. Shoot me a PM. Would love to get together. Heading to Hennessey Porsche sometime late this am. Might be nice to have the F12 and a C4S in the garage. I understand what you are saying about the Porsche and getting it into the revs. Didn't get a chance to do that on the test drive. I will today. :-)

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #77
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Understood. Yes we also had a 997tt v1. Same interior. So I can see why you say that.

Quote:
You missed the part I did not like. It felt "old" inside to me. The 991 next to it looks like a more modern car. I really see the 997 as in need of the interior update of the 991. As for performance, it was insane!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #78
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, and I hate all this chat on the M5 board about a Porsche. However, since Vic and I had both we can chat(: A test drive does not tell the story. After I drove it I was like he'll does it go any faster?? The key with the M5 is torque, and it goes so you can't compare that sensation. Now when the Porsche hits the high revs it's freaking awesome in my opinion. The interior as Vic said we top notch, and the NAV is all touch screen and very easy to use.

I'm fortunate to have the best of both worlds, but I really find myself driving the Porsche more any chance I can get. Easier car to drive, and it's freaking fun. I'm in GA all week maybe we can do a coffee, and young skywalker can experience the dark side.

I think this is the perfect thread to discuss it since the OP brought up the Porsche and the M5. Here is another thought that comes from me so anyone who gets insulted- too bad LOL. I think there are drivers and and there are enthusiasts and then there are freaks who are madly in love with visceral machines. Most drivers that have nicer cars want to be able to blast the car from light to light and on the freeway. They like turns but dont press too hard and in reality never even push the car they have to 90% of its capabilities. When they see an open stretch of road they usually do NOT speed. Enthusiasts are more along the lines of the board members here; they really engage in their car and know its strenghts and weaknesses along with their own. The push the cars hard but probably only to 95% all in. When they see an open stretch they sometimes speed but not always. Freaks are like RPiM5 aka Dave LOL- drive the shit out the car daily, push the rpms daily- burn oil and wear out tires. Freaks look for open stretches and look for cars to blow by and want to speed even with the repricussion of the law. Freaks love to try to make their cars handle better than it probably should. Im closer to this line of driving and we probably push our cars to 98% of the limits. Dave to 99%. The Porsche brings the freak out in me- the M5/M6 not so much.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with discussing other cars when the topic of the thread is about that specifically. Shoot me a PM. Would love to get together. Heading to Hennessey Porsche sometime late this am. Might be nice to have the F12 and a C4S in the garage. I understand what you are saying about the Porsche and getting it into the revs. Didn't get a chance to do that on the test drive. I will today. :-)
Let us know man!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #79
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
I think this is the perfect thread to discuss it since the OP brought up the Porsche and the M5. Here is another thought that comes from me so anyone who gets insulted- too bad LOL. I think there are drivers and and there are enthusiasts and then there are freaks who are madly in love with visceral machines. Most drivers that have nicer cars want to be able to blast the car from light to light and on the freeway. They like turns but dont press too hard and in reality never even push the car they have to 90% of its capabilities. When they see an open stretch of road they usually do NOT speed. Enthusiasts are more along the lines of the board members here; they really engage in their car and know its strenghts and weaknesses along with their own. The push the cars hard but probably only to 95% all in. When they see an open stretch they sometimes speed but not always. Freaks are like RPiM5 aka Dave LOL- drive the shit out the car daily, push the rpms daily- burn oil and wear out tires. Freaks look for open stretches and look for cars to blow by and want to speed even with the repricussion of the law. Freaks love to try to make their cars handle better than it probably should. Im closer to this line of driving and we probably push our cars to 98% of the limits. Dave to 99%. The Porsche brings the freak out in me- the M5/M6 not so much.
This forum is becoming more and more of what I like! I love talking about other cars, like Porsche and Audi and Mercedes. To be honest, I've never driven a Porsche before, but I love learning about them and I've learned more about them thanks to guys like Vic55, who really can talk from experience.

So speaking of Freaks, yes I am one of those. Here's an example of me driving my RPi E60 M5 (550hp), from back in the day. On a side note, if the F10 M5 had a top speed limiter removal from the get go, I would have hit 200mph on the Nurburgring while I was still on European Delivery and just over break-in service.

Also, talking about pushing cars to 99% of their ability, I did that recently on the last Targa as well. I have about 2/32nds of tread left on my tires and clicked over 17,000 miles on my M5 and my Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Keep in mind that these are the same tires I did European Delivery with on the Nurburgring back in Sept 2012. Last weekend, I hit almost 170mph on the the PSS's with very little tread and I can tell you that the tires handled beautifully. Out of all of the things that are on the F10 M5, I can say that one of the things that most impresses me are the Michelin tires. These tires are incredible. I've beat up on them for 11 months now, including the 2,051 miles in Europe, the Nurburgring, mountain and canyon drives about twice a month, 3 cross-country road trips, and daily driving, and they have held up unbelievably well. They handle as good as they did brand new and I can only feel a little bit of extra stiffness in them. I'll will be changing them within the next couple of weeks, but I'm almost sad to change them.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports aside, I happen to be one of those people that study's something about cars almost every day. Just the other day, I was researching about how F1 engines work and why they have a very short life span. Then again, I am trained in engineering, so I'm always fascinated. Yes dudes like me are a Freak, and I'm glad to be surrounded by alot of people like me.

Ok back to this discussion about Porsche's and such.

One last note, being that my tires are about to be changed, it may be time to make a drift video.

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #80
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Really Dave- I mention your name you have to post a vid and a mini novel?

I love the PSS's on the M cars--- I even run them on the P car now and moved the Zeros off with the wheels. PSS's are the best street tire out there.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #81
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Really Dave- I mention your name you have to post a vid and a mini novel?

I love the PSS's on the M cars--- I even run them on the P car now and moved the Zeros off with the wheels. PSS's are the best street tire out there.
LOL!

I'm like a shark that smells blood in the water, or a fat kid that smells chocolate nearby. I don't know which pertains to me the best.

Vic, you should come down to SD this weekend. I'm gonna hang out with new M5Post member Pertplus. We may get some lunch. Hit me up.

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #82
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
LOL!

I'm like a shark that smells blood in the water, or a fat kid that smells chocolate nearby. I don't know which pertains to me the best.

Vic, you should come down to SD this weekend. I'm gonna hang out with new M5Post member Pertplus. We may get some lunch. Hit me up.

I know Matt aka Pert- now that is a piece of work LOL

I cant on Saturday but Sunday maybe?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #83
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
is it even worth getting a coupe sports car?
you want a car to kick you in the ass huh ? get a GTR.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #84
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post

Had it, had it modified back when the tuners were sparce (late 2008) and it was and is probably the fastest car Ive owned. (HKS 650 kit)

It lasted about 16 months- I just felt it was a big shell of a car that lacked inspiration. Others may see differently but I never connected with the car although I could drive the shit out of it and really achieve galactically impressive numbers speedwise. It just wasnt all about the speed... unfortunately and fortunately.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #85
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
That'll be an option when I don't mind the shitty interior, lack of comfort, and numb handling in a supercar.

Heck for 100k and up GT3, R8GT MT CPO, or R8 V10 Plus looks nice. I wouldn't honestly mind paying a <10k markup on the GT3 because imho it's worth that.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #86
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
That'll be an option when I don't mind the shitty interior, lack of comfort, and numb handling in a supercar.

Heck for 100k and up GT3, R8GT MT CPO, or R8 V10 Plus looks nice. I wouldn't honestly mind paying a <10k markup on the GT3 because imho it's worth that.
you get a GTR to kick ass. thats about it lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #87
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm going to drive one tomorrow :-)

Earth to ColdList- you cant ask all the questions and not tell us about the test drive....

Im afraid silence is not good for Coldlist coming to the dark side.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #88
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Earth to ColdList- you cant ask all the questions and not tell us about the test drive....

Im afraid silence is not good for Coldlist coming to the dark side.
Nope he didn't pull the trigger ........he resisted the force young skywalker is strong.
Appreciate 0