BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
QuickOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

dash creak

New 2015 M5 CP here. Love the car so far, though it seems like the traction control light stays on more than off - at least in this frigid weather we're having. Currently have around 600 miles on the car so I'm hoping it gets better with age (and warmer weather)

An issue that has cropped up is that I get a creak/knock/pop sound that seems to be coming from the center of the dash, near the windshield. I think it's a thermal expansion or rubbing/interference sorta noise, but I can't seem to pinpoint it. I have removed the B&O speaker to try and figure out what it is, but it still shows up even without the speaker installed.

I'm hesitant to take it to the dealer as I think they will create many more issues if they start taking the dash apart.

Any ideas??? The noise is a bit annoying on such a nice car otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 02:56 AM   #2
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 13 AWSO M5,16 DGMR X5M

Garage List
Never had such issues.. I think you should bring back the car to your dealership to have them checked on the knocking sound.
upgrades: RKP front spoiler, M performance carbon spoiler, 3D design rear carbon diffuser, KW HAS Sleeve Kit, Akrapovic Evolution Carbon tips, ind black LCI front and rear grills, GruppeM RAM intake, 20" HRE P104 satin charcoal with PSS tires)
Appreciate 0