M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

02-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
PrimeTimeJohn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Interior Warranty by IBEX

I wanted to ask the forum if anyone has had personal experience with the interior warranty from IBEX that is offered by BMW dealers. It is part of protection package that warranties the exterior paint as well as interior seats and fabrics. I am not interested in the paint protection as I have just had OptiGuard applied to the paint. However with a 1 year old baby and another on the way, the thought of having the interior under warranty sounds very comforting. It is supposed to cover things such as tears, stains, rips, etc.

What I wanted to ask is if anyone has purchased this protection and if so are damage claims easily handled?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Purchased for same reasons. Haven't used it (yet)
      02-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Your kids are too young to cause any real damage. Spit ups are easy to clean. Wait until they are 4+ years old then the real action begins.
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Hmm, interior warranty. Maybe I am just too strict, but I don't allow the kids to eat or bring play toys in the car. In fact, I make them take their shoes off

No issues what so ever with wear over three years in my last M5. And the kids were ages 4-7. Contrast that with my wife's RRS, and the car has much more wear than mine ever had...but she allows all of the above.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
PrimeTimeJohn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
Your kids are too young to cause any real damage. Spit ups are easy to clean. Wait until they are 4+ years old then the real action begins.
Maybe you are right. I may be worrying too much being a first-time dad. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Hmm, interior warranty. Maybe I am just too strict, but I don't allow the kids to eat or bring play toys in the car. In fact, I make them take their shoes off

No issues what so ever with wear over three years in my last M5. And the kids were ages 4-7. Contrast that with my wife's RRS, and the car has much more wear than mine ever had...but she allows all of the above.
I like how you lay down the rules for your car. It's nice getting advice from experienced parents. I think I'll hold off getting the warranty for now. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

@primetime, some people say I'm obsessive about the car. Well, I guess they are right
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I don't know how they make money on these interior warranties unless they deny claims for customer inflicted damage (e.g. Kids)

Otherwise guys with messy kids will self select the policy and put them under water.

I have no kids and am unlikely to make a claim so I would never get such a thing.

Honestly the economics of this make no sense unless they deny a lot of claims. After all if it is a defect of workmanship by BMW then the factor warranty covers it. Soonly reason to buy this warranty is if you or your family is planning to damage the interior and then claim the repairs from someone else. Makes no sense.
Appreciate 0