Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Yes I predict for the F10 M5, only the headlights and tailights will change. I really can't see them changing the position of the side turn signal light on the F10 M5. Although it will be interesting to see if there will be interior changes like they did on the E60 M5 for the LCI refresh.

If there are interior changes then our F10 M5's will really be out of date! I think the U.S. Market kinda got jipped by making us wait an entire year for the 2013 model. Now our 2013's will only be a year old before it's out of date!
arent turn signals in the side gills currently?
      10-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #24
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

For those that just picked up your brand new M5s, retrofitting the LCI bumpers, lights, and mirrors is always an option.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
arent turn signals in the side gills currently?
Yup, that's why I can't see them change the turn signals from the side grills to the side view mirrors. It would go against every other ///M LCI update they've done in the past. But then again, BMW is doing some weird stuff nowadays.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

My ED M5 is new to me and I'll have the pleasure of driving it for 10 months before these LCI cars are even available in the US. IMHO a bumper, light, or small cosmetic difference is not worth the wait.

Onto worrying about something else...where is that damn CEPHEUS LEADER?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #27
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
My ED M5 is new to me and I'll have the pleasure of driving it for 10 months before these LCI cars are even available in the US. IMHO a bumper, light, or small cosmetic difference is not worth the wait.

I heard the CEPHEUS LEADER was sunk by a German U-Boat off the coast of Mexico because of too many complaints about no adjustable side bolsters. FIDELIO made it into port before the U-Boats could strike though. Damn those wolfpacks! :P

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #28
mdernst
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I heard the CEPHEUS LEADER was sunk by a German U-Boat off the coast of Mexico because of too many complaints about no adjustable side bolsters. FIDELIO made it into port before the U-Boats could strike though. Damn those wolfpacks! :P
And apparently they were shipping my replacement oil pump on the same slow boat - still not in...

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #29
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post

I agree - this is actually a pretty minor facelift imo. My 2009 C63 was just facelifted a year ago and it was pretty major and annoyed the sh*t out of me. From reading Jasons post, it seems like the bumpers would remain untouched, and the character line MAY get added. Who knows, maybe all the F10 M5 gets is new lighting, which I could care less about.

And as for the turn signals, I dont see BMW already redoing the side-gills to eliminate the bulbs from them and adding them to the side mirrors.

The funniest part about this is that nobody else can tell outside of the M5 enthusiasts. Since I didnt own and e90-92 or e60, they honestly all look the same to me. I couldnt pick out facelifted cars w/o doing the research. This one definitely falls under the category of "rich guy problems".
      10-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #30
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
LOL! That is what they planned! Guess I'll have to live with adjustable bolsters and the updated headlamps when my replacement is delivered
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #31
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Timing works great for me, I was hoping BMW releases the LCI a yr earlier than the 'norm' (usually LCI is after yr 4), so next summer it is!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #32
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Here are more pics, which show a new squared off angel eyes design, as also seen on the latest 3 Series, 6 Series, and 7 Series.

Name:  lights.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  314.0 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+01-2154546011-O.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  328.0 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+02-2154545989-O.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  321.7 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+03-2154546045-O.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  324.8 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+04-2154547474-O.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  366.4 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+05-2154546878-O.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  399.8 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+06-2154547130-O.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  454.2 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+07-2154547654-O.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  226.1 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+08-2154547672-O.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  174.1 KB

Name:  BMW+5er+facelift+09-2154547890-O.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  338.2 KB

Name:  lights2.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  245.2 KB
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #33
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Here are more pics, which show a new squared off angel eyes design, as also seen on the latest 3 Series, 6 Series, and 7 Series.
Isnt that squared off look just the LED headlights?
      10-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #34
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
So what part of the lights is led? I read the facelifted X5M got LED lighting but im confused. Is the headlight no longer HID but LED instead? Or are we talking about led illumination around the actual headights or is it LED like on the Audi and Mercs?

As for the rear - is the shape the exact same?
      10-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #35
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The changes are subtle on the surface it is underneath that will really count.

A new re-profiled front end incorporating the latest kidney grille (with a forward looking stance/slant and thicker chrome outline) brings prominence to the front of the car.

The overall look for the lower intakes is taken from the 2010 BMW Concept Active hybrid 5 although incorporating air curtain technology and depending on model, further decorative trim elements.

Finishing off the cosmetic side of things The 5er will be offered with adaptive LEDs as an option , updated taillight graphics and a reprofiled rear diffuser. The Front wing mirrors follow the rest of the recent BMW line by incorporating the side indicators.

The next-gen six cylinder engine that will premiere with the F32 BMW 4er Coupe in spring will be available taking power out substantially higher than the outgoing N55. The engine will also feature BMW's Cylinder dimming recently introduced on the 7er and other aspects of the latest EfficientDynamics features.

Further inclusions of the latest four cylinders including a petrol powered EfficientDynamics model. Rounding off the regular 5er will be the latest inclusion of the BMW V8 in the 550i with more power and cylinder dimming technology for a more efficient drive and the M550d performance diesel.

And rounding off will be the usual interior trim , exterior colour and wheel re-designs. New technology such as the latest iDrive , Connected Drive features and in-car entertainment (B&O sound system).

The priority changes are effected to the steering which is reconfigured to be more communicative. A more class-leading ride and dynamic proficient handling updates in order to improve the overall impression of the car. The changes also apply to the BMW 5er Touring models and BMW 5er Gran Turismo.

The M-Sport packet's receive a slight minimal refresh aswell as optional M Performance accessories updates.

The updated BMW 5er line will premiere next Summer in time for sales in September where the car will receive its official debut at the IAA in September.

Like all M car LCI updates, changes to the M5 are minimal in regards to exterior updates.

The China only BMW 5er Li will premiere around the same time.
      10-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

I've had my car a month and it's 'out of style'.
2007 750Li Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #37
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

A new re-profiled front end incorporating the latest kidney grille (with a forward looking stance/slant and thicker chrome outline) brings prominence to the front of the car.

The overall look for the lower intakes is taken from the 2010 BMW Concept Active hybrid 5 although incorporating air curtain technology and depending on model, further decorative trim elements.

Finishing off the cosmetic side of things The 5er will be offered with adaptive LEDs as an option , updated taillight graphics and a reprofiled rear diffuser. The Front wing mirrors follow the rest of the recent BMW line by incorporating the side indicators.

The next-gen six cylinder engine that will premiere with the F32 BMW 4er Coupe in spring will be available taking power out substantially higher than the outgoing N55. The engine will also feature BMW's Cylinder dimming recently introduced on the 7er and other aspects of the latest EfficientDynamics features.

Further inclusions of the latest four cylinders including a petrol powered EfficientDynamics model. Rounding off the regular 5er will be the latest inclusion of the BMW V8 in the 550i with more power and cylinder dimming technology for a more efficient drive and the M550d performance diesel.

And rounding off will be the usual interior trim , exterior colour and wheel re-designs. New technology such as the latest iDrive , Connected Drive features and in-car entertainment (B&O sound system).

The priority changes are effected to the steering which is reconfigured to be more communicative. A more class-leading ride and dynamic proficient handling updates in order to improve the overall impression of the car. The changes also apply to the BMW 5er Touring models and BMW 5er Gran Turismo.

The M-Sport packet's receive a slight minimal refresh aswell as optional M Performance accessories updates.

The updated BMW 5er line will premiere next Summer in time for sales in September where the car will receive its official debut at the IAA in September.

Like all M car LCI updates, changes to the M5 are minimal in regards to exterior updates.

Wow, thanks for the clarification. Now to just wait and see what all of the changes are. I hope nothing too crazy for the interior. Might make my 2013 feel too out of date.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #38
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Angry Official: M5 F10 facelift coming in 2013

Source: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758869

Updates are good, but we're talking about a car which cost $100,000 - $400,000 in different countries. I can't think of a single investment which would deteriorate faster than this and it's definitely NOT the expectation of people who buy this car. We buy it for its practicality, performance, status and quality.

Today it's official that a facelift is around the corner. Only few of the updates would likely be retrofittable (headlights) and for a high good price too. Other updates like corrections to steering feedback (vibrating steering wheel when idle anyone?), active safety, interior improvements wouldn't be retrofittable at all - thus damaging the car's morale and financial value by making it a "old generation" for owners and resale customers alike.

Selling and buying a new one isn't a viable option either, customers at this price range either want the new fresh car or offer 50% of original value to a car that is 1 year old. I'm one of many who paid for all premium features, expensive parking, clearbra, leather lotions and using the car like it's a 2nd wife (in my case 1st wife...). I feel it's BMW is getting to the point their damage to loyal customers who buy an ///M car immediately no matter the price and logic, would be more than their revenue of appealing to new or prudent customers.

Sorry for my bad english, wanted to know if anyone feels the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #39
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
I just picked mine up yesterday, and heard the LCI news at the same time. It obviously sucks, but what are you gonna do? I need a car now, and don't want to wait close to a year for the update.

As the post above says: Changes to the M5 are minimal in regards to exterior updates. The LEDs are probably a MY14 option cost anyway, so if we really want them, I imagine we can retrofit for similar price.
      10-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #40
AttyGunther
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 M5~11 Z435is~14 K1600GTL-E

Wasn't there rumor of a new shifter with an actual "P" coming too?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #41
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
I just picked mine up yesterday, and heard the LCI news at the same time. It obviously sucks, but what are you gonna do? I need a car now, and don't want to wait close to a year for the update.

As the post above says: Changes to the M5 are minimal in regards to exterior updates. The LEDs are probably a MY14 option cost anyway, so if we really want them, I imagine we can retrofit for similar price.
All good, but the problem is that LED optics would be the only thing that you can retrofit, and probably for a good $4000 price too.

Let's assume the next M5 comes in 2017. Its value with respect to resale and "new M5" will be divided in 2.
Buyers from 2012-2013 will enjoy 1 year of "Latest M5"
Buyers from 2013-2017: will enjoy 4 years of "Latest M5"

First year buyers turn out to be the biggest losers because of technical problems, highest price and only 1/5 years of knowing you have the "newest M5".

I wish everything would be retrofittable for a price.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #42
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
All good, but the problem is that LED optics would be the only thing that you can retrofit, and probably for a good $4000 price too.

Let's assume the next M5 comes in 2017. Its value with respect to resale and "new M5" will be divided in 2.
Buyers from 2012-2013 will enjoy 1 year of "Latest M5"
Buyers from 2013-2017: will enjoy 4 years of "Latest M5"

First year buyers turn out to be the biggest losers because of technical problems, highest price and only 1/5 years of knowing you have the "newest M5".

I wish everything would be retrofittable for a price.
Very very good points Singularity. I never thought of it that way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the LCI updates as far as the F10 M5 are going to make that much of difference. When I first bought my 2006 M5 I had no idea what LCI updates were, but as I learned about it I wish I had gotten a 2008 M5. I liked the subtlies much better with the LCI. This doesn't guarantee that everybody, myself included, will like the LCI changes though. I for one still prefer the round Angel Eyes as opposed to the squared off ones. We'll have to wait and see.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #43
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Very very good points Singularity. I never thought of it that way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the LCI updates as far as the F10 M5 are going to make that much of difference. When I first bought my 2006 M5 I had no idea what LCI updates were, but as I learned about it I wish I had gotten a 2008 M5. I liked the subtlies much better with the LCI. This doesn't guarantee that everybody, myself included, will like the LCI changes though. I for one still prefer the round Angel Eyes as opposed to the squared off ones. We'll have to wait and see.
Same for me when I bought my 2007 M5 used...had no clue about LCI and the changes in '08. Proof that there will always be used M5 buyers that don't know or care.
      10-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #44
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

anyone wants mine..just 1000 miles on it. PM me.