Chesie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 530i X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001 View Post
I observe it further, its like when you start to release the clutch, there is an easy release then all of the sudden, there is depression that the of you are not careful, will suddenly release the clutch.

If I try to release it slowly and then on the depression/or hump maintain it there for a while(millisecond), then total release the clutch, you will have a smooth release but its hard to do, the the spring is so strong, you cannot resist all the time and will be tiring. Its hard to explain.

Its going for its oil change this friday and I will let the tech test drive it.
THX,
After reading this, I went out and concentrated on the clutch with my foot, as I depressed and released it several times. Both engine off, and then running.

My '16 doesn't have the depression to which you speak. The inconsistent resistance you have is absent in my clutch. As far as I can tell, the entire clutch release arc is smooth.

With that said, the others commented that you have to give the M5 some gas is true with my car as well. If I release the clutch with less than 1k rpm, it will groan. 1k rpm is about ideal for a normal, smooth take off. For a sporty take off, I will rev to 1500 rpm before releasing the clutch. That is in comfort mode. In sport plus, I pretty much always rev to 1500-2000 rpm, and the car just explodes off the line, but it does so smoothly.

From what you have said, I think your clutch may need some work.

Good luck,
Danny
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 03:52 PM   #24
thxbuff2001
Dictator for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: To many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesie View Post
THX,
After reading this, I went out and concentrated on the clutch with my foot, as I depressed and released it several times. Both engine off, and then running.

My '16 doesn't have the depression to which you speak. The inconsistent resistance you have is absent in my clutch. As far as I can tell, the entire clutch release arc is smooth.

With that said, the others commented that you have to give the M5 some gas is true with my car as well. If I release the clutch with less than 1k rpm, it will groan. 1k rpm is about ideal for a normal, smooth take off. For a sporty take off, I will rev to 1500 rpm before releasing the clutch. That is in comfort mode. In sport plus, I pretty much always rev to 1500-2000 rpm, and the car just explodes off the line, but it does so smoothly.

From what you have said, I think your clutch may need some work.

Good luck,
Danny

You are probably right. I hate to bring and have my cars stay at the shop for a long time.
Thanks for taking the time to looking into it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #25
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
It's called TORQUE MONSTER lol
You have to get used to it. I had the same issue with M4 MT. Changed seat position and everything with no success... finally figured out the balance between clutch and gas will be achieved at lower position of clutch because of torque... Having said that you need more gas before releasing the clutch compare to other cars...let's say this was: releasing 1 cm clutch you have to depress 2 cm gas ...
Are you worried about slip? What do you get the revs up to in order to get rolling in 1st? I don't give it any... I just roll off of the clutch. Or are you talking about the 1 to 2 shift?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #26
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
Are you worried about slip? What do you get the revs up to in order to get rolling in 1st? I don't give it any... I just roll off of the clutch. Or are you talking about the 1 to 2 shift?
None of them.I'm talking about jerkiness when you release the clutch with no sufficient gas from stop
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #27
thxbuff2001
Dictator for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: To many

After a lot of trial, I believe the solution is to just drive it on sport mode all the time.

I always drive on comfort mode, and I noticed the tach stays at the level you remove the gas pedal at least a couple of millisecond, and when I shift and release the clutch, it jumps and makes it jerky.

So what I did, I always release the clutch when I see the tach needle going down or atleast 2000 RPM. But that is annoying as I have to wait to let it do it.

So I tried it on the sport mode and the tach immediately goes down after release of the gas.

Now I really enjoy driving it daily. And my wife is happy too.

Cant believe I did not drive on sport or sport plus for 6000 miles and just experienced this now.

Last edited by thxbuff2001; 07-18-2017 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0