M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
MissionPerformance
MissionPerformance's Avatar
United_States
342
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: '16 M5 Stg2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Merry Early Christmas...OBD flashing for Fxx BMW models is finally here!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
We just couldn't keep this a secrete any more and we are happy to announce a release of OBD2 flashing for all Fxx with no need for unlocking/drilling/opening computers. From now on, you don't have to remove the computers from the car, just flash our tune directly from OBD2 and done!

Currently our authorized distributors in Texas, Temecula and Bahrain are testing our beta release. As soon as we go through all the final testing steps, we will be making it available for our customers. Stay tuned guys and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at sales@missiontuning.com
Appreciate 25
      11-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
RPiM5's Avatar
1046
Rep
7,244
Posts

Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego

iTrader: (0)

That's great news for the community.

So I estimate that it took around 5-6 years for this to finally happen since the S63tu engine was initially released.

I estimate the same time frame for the S63tu4 with its new security measures as well. So for many years to come we will see tuned F10 M5's beating up on stock F90 M5's at least from 60mph rolls, lol!
__________________
F10 M5 = iPhone 6 | F90 M5 = iPhone 6S | F93 M8 Gran Coupe = iPhone X

Appreciate 1
      11-30-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
MissionPerformance
MissionPerformance's Avatar
United_States
342
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: '16 M5 Stg2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
That's great news for the community.

So I estimate that it took around 5-6 years for this to finally happen since the S63tu engine was initially released.

I estimate the same time frame for the S63tu4 with its new security measures as well. So for many years to come we will see tuned F10 M5's beating up on stock F90 M5's at least from 60mph rolls, lol!
Going from MSS65(E60 M5) to MEVD17(F10 M5), BMW introduced incredible level of security, much more so then going from MSS52(E39 M5) to MSS65(E60 M5). We have had a way of OBD flashing the MEVD17 for over a year now, but it was just not reliable and has caused many "soft bricked" bench computers. But now there is a new way of doing it SAFELY and that is a very good news.
F90 should not take such a long time to crack since security on it is very similar to the MEVD17, but still a lot of development has to be done before flashing those computers becomes a reality.
__________________
Alex
Mission Performance
p: 909-920-9779
w: www.missiontuning.com e: alex@missiontuning.com
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
RPiM5's Avatar
1046
Rep
7,244
Posts

Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
That's great news for the community.

So I estimate that it took around 5-6 years for this to finally happen since the S63tu engine was initially released.

I estimate the same time frame for the S63tu4 with its new security measures as well. So for many years to come we will see tuned F10 M5's beating up on stock F90 M5's at least from 60mph rolls, lol!
Going from MSS65(E60 M5) to MEVD17(F10 M5), BMW introduced incredible level of security, much more so then going from MSS52(E39 M5) to MSS65(E60 M5). We have had a way of OBD flashing the MEVD17 for over a year now, but it was just not reliable and has caused many "soft bricked" bench computers. But now there is a new way of doing it SAFELY and that is a very good news.
F90 should not take such a long time to crack since security on it is very similar to the MEVD17, but still a lot of development has to be done before flashing those computers becomes a reality.
And by a lot, I'm thinking years and not months.
__________________
F10 M5 = iPhone 6 | F90 M5 = iPhone 6S | F93 M8 Gran Coupe = iPhone X

Appreciate 1
      11-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Mkai0
Private First Class
12
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 Black
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Unknown

iTrader: (0)

Great news. Subd for updates and more info.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2017, 10:55 PM   #6
schnell1982
Lieutenant
104
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: FAST
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Temecula CA

iTrader: (0)

Awesome !!!
Looking forward to this. Game changer for software tuning.
I know your dealer in Temecula - Autohaus Frankfurt.
Erik and the crew work on my cars
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #7
MissionPerformance
MissionPerformance's Avatar
United_States
342
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: '16 M5 Stg2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Awesome !!!
Looking forward to this. Game changer for software tuning.
I know your dealer in Temecula - Autohaus Frankfurt.
Erik and the crew work on my cars
Yep that is him. His crew is amazing and he is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet for sure. I take it you are the customer with F82?
__________________
Alex
Mission Performance
p: 909-920-9779
w: www.missiontuning.com e: alex@missiontuning.com
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #8
schnell1982
Lieutenant
104
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: FAST
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Temecula CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Yep that is him. His crew is amazing and he is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet for sure. I take it you are the customer with F82?
1 day I will have an FX M car.
I have an E92 M3 with Active Autowerke SC kit they installed for me
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #9
MissionPerformance
MissionPerformance's Avatar
United_States
342
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: '16 M5 Stg2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Yep that is him. His crew is amazing and he is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet for sure. I take it you are the customer with F82?
1 day I will have an FX M car.
I have an E92 M3 with Active Autowerke SC kit they installed for me
I believe I saw your car there when we were tuning Alpina B7. Very clean e92.
__________________
Alex
Mission Performance
p: 909-920-9779
w: www.missiontuning.com e: alex@missiontuning.com
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2017, 01:16 AM   #10
brad850csi
Lieutenant
74
Rep
581
Posts

Drives: C63 Estate & 850CSi
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Can I call you from NZ and have you remote into a laptop and do the whole thing?

Or for people in other far away locations?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 01:27 AM   #11
Mkai0
Private First Class
12
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 Black
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Unknown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
We just couldn't keep this a secrete any more and we are happy to announce a release of OBD2 flashing for all Fxx with no need for unlocking/drilling/opening computers. From now on, you don't have to remove the computers from the car, just flash our tune directly from OBD2 and done!

Currently our authorized distributors in Texas, Temecula and Bahrain are testing our beta release. As soon as we go through all the final testing steps, we will be making it available for our customers. Stay tuned guys and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at sales@missiontuning.com

What is your estimate on when the Beta testing will be complete?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #12
TheHouseWon
Lieutenant Colonel
TheHouseWon's Avatar
311
Rep
1,589
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (8)

Subbed
__________________
Fabworx dp's, E-Sport, KW HAS, Dinan Sway Bars, RK Intakes, VFF105's, bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #13
335iRlz
Colonel
122
Rep
2,066
Posts

Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
That's great news for the community.

So I estimate that it took around 5-6 years for this to finally happen since the S63tu engine was initially released.

I estimate the same time frame for the S63tu4 with its new security measures as well. So for many years to come we will see tuned F10 M5's beating up on stock F90 M5's at least from 60mph rolls, lol!
I don't think it had anything other to do with it wasn't a viable source of income to spend R&D to crack it lol.

Notice how within a year of the M4s release it was cracked wide open and filtered to the M5. Thats because the margins made sense with how many more customers in the m4/m3 range were willing to shop.

Not saying nobody was trying or their encryption wasn't impressive but for the best of the best to spend their time on it, I don't think it made financial sense with such a small segment of customers modding 100k+ MSRP luxury boats.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #14
M5_Brandoe
Private First Class
United_States
33
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: Black sapphire M5
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Subscribed !!! This is great news E63amg
__________________
Instagram M5_Brandoe
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #15
ykjones
Private First Class
ykjones's Avatar
17
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Signapore Gray
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Vancouver, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Awesome !!!
Looking forward to this. Game changer for software tuning.
I know your dealer in Temecula - Autohaus Frankfurt.
Erik and the crew work on my cars
Erik, Rich and crew are the BEST! They took magnificent care of my E60 M5. Wish we still lived there from them to service my F10.

Subd for updates. Brand new Dinan Stage 2 tune installed at BMW dealership twice within a month did not work out on my F10.
__________________
2013 F10 M5 Singapore Gray B&O Sound, Executive package, Driver's Assistance Package.

Dinan sway bars, RPI GTM Black edition exhaust, KW HAS, Matt Schnell spacers, IND black chrome cosmetics, BMC air filters, charcoal filter delete, sprint booster, V1w/Blendmount, BIM coding all options
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #16
TheHouseWon
Lieutenant Colonel
TheHouseWon's Avatar
311
Rep
1,589
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (8)

Ive been meaning to visit Autohaus Frankfurt for mods and service.... I hear nothing but good things
__________________
Fabworx dp's, E-Sport, KW HAS, Dinan Sway Bars, RK Intakes, VFF105's, bootmod3
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #17
Lowflight
Captain
Lowflight's Avatar
United_States
190
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Memphis TN

iTrader: (1)

So, other than full remote tuning, is there some more ability to sneak it past the dealer for those of us still under warranty?
__________________
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo
2013 BMW M5 Imperial Blue
2007 Summit White Chevy TBSS
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2017, 02:04 PM   #18
TheHouseWon
Lieutenant Colonel
TheHouseWon's Avatar
311
Rep
1,589
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight View Post
So, other than full remote tuning, is there some more ability to sneak it past the dealer for those of us still under warranty?
CVN fix... It was mentioned on the m3/m4 forum

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1444863
__________________
Fabworx dp's, E-Sport, KW HAS, Dinan Sway Bars, RK Intakes, VFF105's, bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 08:55 PM   #19
schnell1982
Lieutenant
104
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: FAST
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Temecula CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight View Post
So, other than full remote tuning, is there some more ability to sneak it past the dealer for those of us still under warranty?
I think the fair response any tuner or company should say is that there is no 100% guarantee. If the dealer wants to figure out if your car has a tune, they will.
But going in for routine service will not bring up an issue to investigate. Unless you removed your catalytic convertors which some dealerships are now being told to bring it to the shop foreman's attention.
Other then that, if your engine has an issue you should return it to stock before towing it to the dealership.
My opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #20
bm5bullit
Lieutenant
bm5bullit's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
501
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
We just couldn't keep this a secrete any more and we are happy to announce a release of OBD2 flashing for all Fxx with no need for unlocking/drilling/opening computers. From now on, you don't have to remove the computers from the car, just flash our tune directly from OBD2 and done!

Currently our authorized distributors in Texas, Temecula and Bahrain are testing our beta release. As soon as we go through all the final testing steps, we will be making it available for our customers. Stay tuned guys and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at sales@missiontuning.com
Name of the Texas distributor please.
__________________
2017 Audi A8L - her car
2013 M5, AW, black extended merino, AMS DP's, BEL Sti-R, Laser Blinder, RKT lip, MSR CAI
2014 JK Rubicon Unlimited, Daily Driver
2008 E60 M5 - Gone
Appreciate 4
      12-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #21
MissionPerformance
MissionPerformance's Avatar
United_States
342
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: '16 M5 Stg2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkai0 View Post
What is your estimate on when the Beta testing will be complete?
Very Very Soon. We should have everything rolling out within first few weeks of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykjones View Post
Erik, Rich and crew are the BEST! They took magnificent care of my E60 M5. Wish we still lived there from them to service my F10.

Subd for updates. Brand new Dinan Stage 2 tune installed at BMW dealership twice within a month did not work out on my F10.
Yeah those guys rock! And that sucks regarding the Dinan, usually dont hear bad things about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight View Post
So, other than full remote tuning, is there some more ability to sneak it past the dealer for those of us still under warranty?
Yes for sure, signatures can be "fixed" if you want to go to the dealer while flashed OR just flash your car back to stock. That is a safest way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
I think the fair response any tuner or company should say is that there is no 100% guarantee. If the dealer wants to figure out if your car has a tune, they will.
But going in for routine service will not bring up an issue to investigate. Unless you removed your catalytic convertors which some dealerships are now being told to bring it to the shop foreman's attention.
Other then that, if your engine has an issue you should return it to stock before towing it to the dealership.
My opinion.
Yep that is right
__________________
Alex
Mission Performance
p: 909-920-9779
w: www.missiontuning.com e: alex@missiontuning.com
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 08:15 AM   #22
Lowflight
Captain
Lowflight's Avatar
United_States
190
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Memphis TN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post



Yes for sure, signatures can be "fixed" if you want to go to the dealer while flashed OR just flash your car back to stock. That is a safest way.



Thanks. My dealer is mod friendly to a point. I take them doughnuts etc. They will look the other way on almost everything except a drilled CPU.
__________________
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo
2013 BMW M5 Imperial Blue
2007 Summit White Chevy TBSS
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST