M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
Dre01SS's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
347
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
The rich (top 1%) have gotten richer, everyone else not so much...

I thought I kept up with things pretty well, but I'm pretty surprised at how big the income disparity is.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011...ca-chart-graph

__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Impervious
UNC FTW
Impervious's Avatar
Pakistan
7
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Here we go...


Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Good hopefully that gets the economy going again. Broke people don't spend.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Good hopefully that gets the economy going again. Broke people don't spend.
They want the government to give them more money though....


MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO POLITICS SECTION.
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
Dre01SS's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
347
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impervious View Post
Here we go...


Not trying to start anything, just surprised with the disparity - didn't think it had grown to that big of proportions.

Not a political debate or nothing like that

I wouldn't mind being in that 1% lol but then again, I wasn't even born back in 1979.
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
They want the government to give them more money though....


MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO POLITICS SECTION.


general OT is not the place for such seriousness.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
Not trying to start anything, just surprised with the disparity - didn't think it had grown to that big of proportions.

Not a political debate or nothing like that

I wouldn't mind being in that 1% lol but then again, I wasn't even born back in 1979.
Well, whether you meant it as a political spark or not, it will turn out to be one. It's hard to have a good natured look at those sorts of figures without people getting all political and surrius.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
Dre01SS's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
347
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post


general OT is not the place for such seriousness.
In hindsight... yes you are right - Move it away!
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
Feyd
Major
Feyd's Avatar
59
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Fuck all you poor people!


/spark.


































Yeah this needs to be moved.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
I thought I kept up with things pretty well, but I'm pretty surprised at how big the income disparity is.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011...ca-chart-graph

So.. I am confused.. are you saying we should tax the top 1% back down to size? Why would they want to work any harder? Why would anyone want to keep working harder if it means there are diminishing returns?
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
So.. I am confused.. are you saying we should tax the top 1% back down to size? Why would they want to work any harder? Why would anyone want to keep working harder if it means there are diminishing returns?
Because the have-nots don't believe that anyone should have money if they can't have it too. They don't care about the economy or the country, just whether or not they can put dub deuces on their 86 Regal.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #12
Feyd
Major
Feyd's Avatar
59
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Because the have-nots don't believe that anyone should have money if they can't have it too. They don't care about the economy or the country, just whether or not they can put dub deuces on their 86 Regal.
Truth.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Why aren't our sparks working? Where is all the drama?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
60
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fargo ND

iTrader: (0)

QQ poor people. QQ!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #15
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

At least there are (probably) still some 'poor' people left in this world that have the mindset that if they want to advance themselves they should do it by earning it, and not by taking the skin off of others' backs (not that the current administration encourages that )

I'd be curious to see a study on the effects of having 3+ kids while having no money and being in debt has on this gap. More and more people are being born into horrible situations, and it starts adding up.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
newdadkel
Private First Class
newdadkel's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Here is another chart from the article.
This shows exactly what ragingclue is talking about.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #17
Feyd
Major
Feyd's Avatar
59
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
At least there are (probably) still some 'poor' people left in this world that have the mindset that if they want to advance themselves they should do it by earning it, and not by taking the skin off of others' backs.
Maybe in eastern Europe... sure as hell not in America.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #18
newdadkel
Private First Class
newdadkel's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Good thing Springer and Maury supplement their non-incomes
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #19
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
Dre01SS's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
347
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I'd be curious to see a study on the effects of having 3+ kids while having no money and being in debt has on this gap. More and more people are being born into horrible situations, and it starts adding up.
The number of kids you're allowed to have should be proportional to your income. Population control & even per capita distribution.
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #20
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

I wonder what ever happened to Nixon...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
The number of kids you're allowed to have should be proportional to your income. Population control & even per capita distribution.
Meh I dunno about that. I know people with high incomes who are terrible with money and raise godawful children who grow up to be complete shitbags. I know people who don't make much whose kids are good kids, they make smart decisions and live good lives.

The amount of money you bring in to your household is only indicative of how much money you bring into your household. Nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Meh I dunno about that. I know people with high incomes who are terrible with money and raise godawful children who grow up to be complete shitbags. I know people who don't make much whose kids are good kids, they make smart decisions and live good lives.

The amount of money you bring in to your household is only indicative of how much money you bring into your household. Nothing more.
this.

i mean FFS look at this forum and all the shitbag self righteous 16 year olds driving Daddy's M3.....

In comparison my parents were dirt poor, but had 3 kids, and we all made something with our lives.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST