BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #45
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Looks wise both cars are pretty even to me. The new M5 looks a bit more aggressive on the front end. However, I think the older one had a more aggressive rear diffuser. Seems like the old one would provide more down force also. I wonder why they went away from that design philoshpy for the rear diffuser

As for the interior I like the older E60 steering wheel. It looks more sporty. Also, do not get why the center stack in newer one is pointing away from the driver compared to the older one. Now the i-drive knob is all the way on the opposite side near the passanger.

On a side tangent about engine noises. Having driven both M5 and M6 with NA. V10's. I agree they sound amazing and are super fun. However, in comparison with another performance NA V10 that I have driven recently in Gallardo the BMW M6's seems to be more muted and reserved in engine noise. I wish that BMW would have not shown such a restraint from factory and gave M5 and specially M6 the freedom to fully exploit the great noise of their NA V10 engines. Because if you ever drive a stock Gallardo and M6 side by side the Gallardo will give you goose bumps all over while you would wish you had a performance exhaust on a V10 M6. This is sort of nit picking. Otherwise compared to most other cars the M6 sounds amazing.

Anyways, I have not driven the new M5 so can't really talk about how its engine sounds etc. But since it is not a high revving engine I am pretty sure it will not sound as amazing as the high revving NA V10. But on the other hand I have no doubt looking at hp & tq figures that the new car will be a lot faster then the older one up top or down low. All the while being a better daily driver due to much improved gas mileage.

It seems both cars have there flaws and advantages.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #46
docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Garage List
f10 ALL THE WAY!!!
      06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #47
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipit View Post
Yeah, people just need to drive the car correctly.

That is why high revving na engines are so amazing.

Thats why I like them not any idiot can go and drive them properly. With a turbo, torquey or automatic car it does not require skills. I like receiving props for my driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #48
Mu Mu
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

F10 FTW
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #49
mkc162
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by moody320d View Post
Anyone else looking at the Torque? bloody hell, for me thats what matters in a car and my god the F10 smashes it! plus its booooootiful!
Absolutely agree
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #50
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
this one looks a lil taller
Appreciate 0