M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
12
Rep
417
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535i Msport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Post Canadian 2012 M5 (F10) Product Planning Bulletin Guide

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi here's detailed ordering guide for MY2012 M5, the prices are not there yet, however all detailed options are there. Too bad we're not getting Frozen silver colour. ENJOY.

Canada gets the F10 M5 before the US, with a certain limited allocations of 2012 model year M5s available (March 2012 build for April delivery).


* Click to Download *

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-02-29 at 9.07.20 PM.jpg
Views: 16063
Size:  51.9 KB Name:  Screen Shot 2012-02-29 at 9.07.57 PM.jpg
Views: 16145
Size:  81.1 KB
Attached Images
File Type: pdf f10m5-canadian-product-planning-bulletin-product-guide.pdf (1.06 MB, 2629 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
sparkyg's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

iTrader: (5)

This is for Canada only so US friends do not take it for your specs.

The US spec unit may have less stuff included and also a cheaper price and more individual options allowed.

For example all Cdn cars come with Cold weather package as you can imagine.

We can get the Frozen colours, it is just a ZSP special order and special pricing. There are a few frozen M3 up here now.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
BMW0412
Private First Class
4
Rep
133
Posts

 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

we dont have matt black as well right?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
12
Rep
417
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535i Msport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

yep, right no matte colours at least for now
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
270
Rep
17,319
Posts

 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

Nice!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
jackaleyess
Second Lieutenant
Malaysia
3
Rep
222
Posts

 
Drives: 528i m-sport f10 silver
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: kuala lumpur

iTrader: (0)

This beast has reached malaysian shore. Saw one on trailer today. Priced at rm 898,900. Usd 1=rm 3.04. Do the calculation.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
James T. Kirk's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,425
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alpha Quadrant, Sector 001

iTrader: (0)

Congratulations, Canada. You get it first.
.
__________________

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
HK8888
Captain
HK8888's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
938
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Beauty
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
italy430
Private
italy430's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: E46 2000 328i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
This is for Canada only so US friends do not take it for your specs.

The US spec unit may have less stuff included and also a cheaper price and more individual options allowed.

For example all Cdn cars come with Cold weather package as you can imagine.

We can get the Frozen colours, it is just a ZSP special order and special pricing. There are a few frozen M3 up here now.
Um, who told you all Cdn cars come with the Cold weather package?

You're not one of those Americans that thinks that all Canadians live in igloos are you?!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
sparkyg
Brigadier General
sparkyg's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy430 View Post
Um, who told you all Cdn cars come with the Cold weather package?

You're not one of those Americans that thinks that all Canadians live in igloos are you?!
Yeah right, i see you are from YVR, try not to crash the car when it snows there 1 cm
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
4,084
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

I heard all Canadian BMWs also come with maple syrup dispensers STANDARD!
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
sparkyg
Brigadier General
sparkyg's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I heard all Canadian BMWs also come with maple syrup dispensers STANDARD!
and a dbl-dbl faucet in the center console
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
hinckley
Lieutenant
hinckley's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
427
Posts

 
Drives: MY13 M5 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boston, MA USA

iTrader: (0)

I'm sure that the standard and option lists will be different for the US, but two quick observations:

"Please note that BMW USA announced availability of the M5 Sedan in the U.S. market as a MY2013 as of July 2012 production. BMW Canada’s M5 production will follow the same model year schedule. Also note that there is a material change expected to the M5’s vehicle electronics as of July 2012 production. The change will not impact the output or performance of the M5. Additional details of the change will be available in the later part of Q2 2012. With the model year and vehicle electronic changes expected as of July 2012 production, please ensure your customers consider this information before placing an order between 03/12-06/12 production."

That electronics change is likely one of the reasons for the delayed US introduction.

I also thought it interesting that the presumably higher-cost "individual" leather does not include as much leather as the "full" leather. Look closely and you'll see that the individual colors do not include individual upper dash or upper door sections.

Last edited by hinckley; 03-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
4,084
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I also thought it interesting that the presumably higher-cost "individual" leather does not include as much leather as the "full" leather. Look closely and you'll see that the individual colors do not include individual upper dash or upper door sections.
Yeah, this was covered in an earlier post by a disgruntled customer who ordered an Individual interior and wouldn't accept delivery upon this discovery. Bummer.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
DGod
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5 F10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I'm sure that the standard and option lists will be different for the US, but two quick observations:

"Please note that BMW USA announced availability of the M5 Sedan in the U.S. market as a MY2013 as of July 2012 production. BMW Canada’s M5 production will follow the same model year schedule. Also note that there is a material change expected to the M5’s vehicle electronics as of July 2012 production. The change will not impact the output or performance of the M5. Additional details of the change will be available in the later part of Q2 2012. With the model year and vehicle electronic changes expected as of July 2012 production, please ensure your customers consider this information before placing an order between 03/12-06/12 production."

That electronics change is likely one of the reasons for the delayed US introduction.

I also thought it interesting that the presumably higher-cost "individual" leather does not include as much leather as the "full" leather. Look closely and you'll see that the individual colors do not include individual upper dash or upper door sections.
Regarding the Individual leather, I have a pending issue regarding that matter. Due to an error from my dealership they told me that if i wanted the leather upper dashboard and upper door sections I would have to order Individual leathr, which I said at the time makes no sense at all. Anyway they told me it had to be like that and now the car is here and I refused the car. They are currently working on a solution, which is to strip all of the car interior and install a new one, which I refused as I don't want my car interior to be completely disassembled and reassembled even before taking delivery. Most likely they will have to order a new car and try to sell this one... After a 3 month wait, I'll have to wait even more. Luckily I will get one of the July production!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
DGod
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5 F10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Yeah, this was covered in an earlier post by a disgruntled customer who ordered an Individual interior and wouldn't accept delivery upon this discovery. Bummer.
Well, you posted right before me! I am the "unlucky" client... Breaks my heart to to not take delivery of such an amazing car, but I am not willing to accept the car unless it is as I spec'd it!
Regards!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
4,084
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Godinho View Post
Regarding the Individual leather, I have a pending issue regarding that matter. Due to an error from my dealership they told me that if i wanted the leather upper dashboard and upper door sections I would have to order Individual leathr, which I said at the time makes no sense at all. Anyway they told me it had to be like that and now the car is here and I refused the car. They are currently working on a solution, which is to strip all of the car interior and install a new one, which I refused as I don't want my car interior to be completely disassembled and reassembled even before taking delivery. Most likely they will have to order a new car and try to sell this one... After a 3 month wait, I'll have to wait even more. Luckily I will get one of the July production!
So I take it you're not going to get an Individual interior this time around?

I find it extremely odd that you can't combine extended leather and Individual interior. Maybe BMW will change that in future production years.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
sparkyg
Brigadier General
sparkyg's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

iTrader: (5)

Yeah I found it weird to get the full leather treatment Individual does not get you there.

You need to order the Full merino std colors.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
AM47
Driver
Canada
3
Rep
156
Posts

 
Drives: M5,X5M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
and a dbl-dbl faucet in the center console
Special option code on select models - cbd - only available in Canada

canadian bacon dispenser
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #20
AM47
Driver
Canada
3
Rep
156
Posts

 
Drives: M5,X5M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Yeah I found it weird to get the full leather treatment Individual does not get you there.

You need to order the Full merino std colors.
We have the full merino leather in the X5M and it is great wall to wall leather you just have to accept the standard colours which imo are still great...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
sparkyg
Brigadier General
sparkyg's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM47 View Post
We have the full merino leather in the X5M and it is great wall to wall leather you just have to accept the standard colours which imo are still great...
Did you ditch the 911 for an M5?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #22
AM47
Driver
Canada
3
Rep
156
Posts

 
Drives: M5,X5M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Did you ditch the 911 for an M5?
No, as of now would not trade it in, still really enjoy it. I did trade another car we have and a motorcycle. I am trying to thin out the fleet.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST