M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
robotrenegade
Second Lieutenant
 
robotrenegade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Greenville, SC

Posts: 249
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 X5d  [5.00]
2014 BMW M5  [5.00]
1984 Trans-AM  [5.00]
Ordered an M5 (US)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
My dealer called me today with an M5 allocation.
__________________

///M5 | F10 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Merino Leather | Anthracite Wood Trim | DCT | Competition Package
robotrenegade is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Sweet news, M5 getting a little closer each day to the US.
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
AlpWhite11
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine

Posts: 695
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to AlpWhite11
That's awesome. What # are you on your dealer's list? Any idea what color you might order?

One more week until US pricing, can't wait.
AlpWhite11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Merc1
Private
 
Drives: 2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Did you actually order or did you just secure a place in line? Big difference.


M
Merc1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
robotrenegade
Second Lieutenant
 
robotrenegade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Greenville, SC

Posts: 249
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 X5d  [5.00]
2014 BMW M5  [5.00]
1984 Trans-AM  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire View Post
That's awesome. What # are you on your dealer's list? Any idea what color you might order?

One more week until US pricing, can't wait.
I'm #1. Thinking blue, frozen black or Singapore grey.
__________________

///M5 | F10 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Merino Leather | Anthracite Wood Trim | DCT | Competition Package
robotrenegade is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
 
WULFFZA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 414
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire
That's awesome. What # are you on your dealer's list? Any idea what color you might order?

One more week until US pricing, can't wait.
In passing, Matt Russell mentioned this weekend that pricing for the M5 and M6 would start in early $90k, a few percent higher than previous starting price.
__________________
2011 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Alpine white - saddle brown
2005 Toyota 4Runner 4WD Sport Edition Silver
WULFFZA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
cpiguy
Captain
 
cpiguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 617
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Any real orders in the US???

My dealer say's we're at least 60 days away. Please tell me he's wrong. I would really appreciate the facts. Thanks
__________________

CPIGUY
2010 M3 Coupe,2011 458 Italia
2014 911 Turbo S, 2014 X5 3.5
cpiguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
HK8888
Captain
 
HK8888's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 938
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [5.00]
M5s otw!
HK8888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
Hed
Private
 
Hed's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 991
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Southeast

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

I put a deposit down at my local dealer today. He said they still have no information on the car as of yet. I asked when and he said he would get back to me... :/
Hed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Merc1
Private
 
Drives: 2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

We're less than a week away from some details now..!


M
Merc1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
AlpWhite11
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine

Posts: 695
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to AlpWhite11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1
We're less than a week away from some details now..!


M
can't wait. Though deliveries still a few months away.
AlpWhite11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
HK8888
Captain
 
HK8888's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 938
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire View Post
can't wait. Though deliveries still a few months away.
HK8888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
Hed
Private
 
Hed's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 991
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Southeast

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

I am getting a 991 tomorrow and also on the list for an M5. I think I'm more excited about the M5 than getting the 991. In fairness, I am trading one Porsche for another so it's not that big of a difference, but still
Hed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #14
lawpurv99
das biest
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1 View Post
Did you actually order or did you just secure a place in line? Big difference.


M
Didn't see an answer to this one. From the other posts it looks like ordering starts the week of April 23, 2012. So how did you get your allocation already or are you just #1 on the list? Do you know where your dealer is sitting on the overall US allocation?

I put a deposit down with 2 dealers a long time ago last year and have Allocation #1 with david06M3 from BMWDavid.com with Northwest BMW as he is one of the best M Sales Reps in country and I have had friends buy from him as well that have been amazingly pleased. So far my experience with David has been great and I'm looking forward to working with him (and probably driving him crazy until the order is in and a ED date is set!).

I have another spot in line at another dealer that I haven't been too thrilled with so far in terms of being confident that they will get one of the first ones in the country. In case anyone is interested in that spot, let me know; I believe it is that dealer's 2nd spot...

Still trying to figure out options and color choices, but I am leaning toward Imperial Blue Metallic and Cohiba Brown. Doing European Delivery and thinking about adding the Performance School option as well, but not sure yet. Leaning toward the 20" wheels as well. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
lawpurv99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
cpiguy
Captain
 
cpiguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 617
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My dealer is one of the largest in the country and as of yesterday they haven't heard a word about their allocations. He thinks they'll know more in a couple of weeks, but admit it's just a quess.
__________________

CPIGUY
2010 M3 Coupe,2011 458 Italia
2014 911 Turbo S, 2014 X5 3.5
cpiguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
SYou1231
New Member
 
SYou1231's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: queens/li

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Allocations will be available starting 23rd
SYou1231 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
 
AMPowerJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Blythewood, SC

Posts: 2,518
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Nice that you are getting a M5 Hardy. I plan to get one next year myself. M3 will be dedicated to the track. Are you going to keep your M3?
__________________

Current: 2015 F80 M3 (SS, Full Black Interior, 6MT, LED, Adaptive, 19's) - On Order - 10/28 PCD
Previous: 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
AMPowerJ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
Merc1
Private
 
Drives: 2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
Didn't see an answer to this one. From the other posts it looks like ordering starts the week of April 23, 2012. So how did you get your allocation already or are you just #1 on the list? Do you know where your dealer is sitting on the overall US allocation?

I put a deposit down with 2 dealers a long time ago last year and have Allocation #1 with david06M3 from BMWDavid.com with Northwest BMW as he is one of the best M Sales Reps in country and I have had friends buy from him as well that have been amazingly pleased. So far my experience with David has been great and I'm looking forward to working with him (and probably driving him crazy until the order is in and a ED date is set!).

I have another spot in line at another dealer that I haven't been too thrilled with so far in terms of being confident that they will get one of the first ones in the country. In case anyone is interested in that spot, let me know; I believe it is that dealer's 2nd spot...

Still trying to figure out options and color choices, but I am leaning toward Imperial Blue Metallic and Cohiba Brown. Doing European Delivery and thinking about adding the Performance School option as well, but not sure yet. Leaning toward the 20" wheels as well. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm number 14 out of 15 they have allocated. I don't know what the dealer's overall placement is. I'm ordered with Classic BMW in Plano TX, right outside of Dallas, a huge dealer. Amazing I was thinking about that same color combo or Alpine White over Cohiba Brown. I wish they offered the beige that they offer on the M6. Zandvroot Beige is perfect for me and it would go with either the blue or the white. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will offer it on the M5 since there are some production changes for the U.S. market. 20 in wheels are a must. Doesn't look "right" on the standard wheels IMO. This is my first M car, first BMW, first time buying a car without driving it, so I'm really nervous/anxious/excited all at the same time. I'm going to NYC this weekend so I can make sure the M5 is for me and not an M6 Coupe or even the 6 Grand Coupe.


M

Last edited by Merc1; 04-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Merc1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #19
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Honda
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Just wanted to get some info on you guys who ordered/will order the MY2013 M5 for European Delivery. Per BMW and also posted in their website they indicate some discount for BMW ED:

"Taking delivery of your new BMW in Europe will definitely make you smile. So will the savings. You may save up to 7 percent of the base Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price."

Will this be also true of the new M5? It would be nice if any of our Canadian neighbors who already have production numbers and opted for ED could tell us if they got any sort of discount.
ddmerino is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #20
AlpWhite11
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine

Posts: 695
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to AlpWhite11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmerino
Just wanted to get some info on you guys who ordered/will order the MY2013 M5 for European Delivery. Per BMW and also posted in their website they indicate some discount for BMW ED:

"Taking delivery of your new BMW in Europe will definitely make you smile. So will the savings. You may save up to 7 percent of the base Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price."

Will this be also true of the new M5? It would be nice if any of our Canadian neighbors who already have production numbers and opted for ED could tell us if they got any sort of discount.
Canadians can do european delivery but don't have nearly as big of a discount as the US's 7%. The m5 will get the 7% ED discount too.
AlpWhite11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST