M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #133
Jason
Administrator
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 16,153
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_dot View Post
thx great read. but i prolly spend the savings on the plane ticket out there lol
You'll still save thousands after spending money on your tickets. From NY/NJ to Germany shouldn't cost too much at all if you buy ahead of time.
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Jason is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #134
d_dot
4 * General
 
d_dot's Avatar
 
Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tri-State

Posts: 642
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to d_dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You'll still save thousands after spending money on your tickets. From NY/NJ to Germany shouldn't cost too much at all if you buy ahead of time.
very good point. just realized i save a little over 6k for euro delivery. thx bro
__________________
Nissan GT-R (Sold) E92 M3 + 335 (sold) F10 535 (sold) When Driving Nice Whips It Helps To Have Nice Kix!
d_dot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #135
Rohardi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 G37XS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rhode Island

Posts: 479
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_dot View Post
very good point. just realized i save a little over 6k for euro delivery. thx bro
You should be able to save more than the 6K. The $83,655 price is the MSRP for ED. The invoice will probably be another 7% off that number. So I would aim for ED invoice + $500. Once its up on bmwconfig.com, it will show the ED invoice price.
Rohardi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #136
d_dot
4 * General
 
d_dot's Avatar
 
Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tri-State

Posts: 642
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to d_dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
You should be able to save more than the 6K. The $83,655 price is the MSRP for ED. The invoice will probably be another 7% off that number. So I would aim for ED invoice + $500. Once its up on bmwconfig.com, it will show the ED invoice price.
thx i will be waiting for the info to become available.i wonder if i order it thru the military sales will it be less than eu delivery?
__________________
Nissan GT-R (Sold) E92 M3 + 335 (sold) F10 535 (sold) When Driving Nice Whips It Helps To Have Nice Kix!
d_dot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #137
BlackJetE90
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: e90

Posts: 2,165
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfiore13 View Post
I had the B&O sound system in my Audi S5 I used to own, to tell everyone the truth I wasn't really impressed with the system, my current system in my 535 seems to be better, Love harman kardon speakers logic 7
The B&O system in the lower-end Audi's is only a $850 option, basically their Logic 7. Compared to lets say the A8, where the B&O is a $6,300 option, it is far from the same system.

My point is, the B&O in the M5 will be much better than the premium sound you had in the S5. There is a reason they are charging $3,700 for it and not $850 like the S5.
BlackJetE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #138
Tylerstar
Captain
 
Tylerstar's Avatar
 
Drives: Storm Trooper F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami

Posts: 811
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
The B&O system in the lower-end Audi's is only a $850 option, basically their Logic 7. Compared to lets say the A8, where the B&O is a $6,300 option, it is far from the same system.

My point is, the B&O in the M5 will be much better than the premium sound you had in the S5. There is a reason they are charging $3,700 for it and not $850 like the S5.
Exactly, comparing my sisters S5 which has the B&O to the M3's Logic 7. The logic 7 sounded much better so expect this system to be Superior.
Tylerstar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #139
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,627
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
You should be able to save more than the 6K. The $83,655 price is the MSRP for ED. The invoice will probably be another 7% off that number. So I would aim for ED invoice + $500. Once its up on bmwconfig.com, it will show the ED invoice price.
I don't get how so many people get invoice pricing - if i were to walk into a dealer now and say Ill pay you invoice + $500 they'd laugh me out of the place. Are we talking people with real "hook-ups" or have purchased multiple vehicles in a short amount of time?

Why would any BMW dealer consider selling any M5 anywhere near invoice at any point this year considering how high the demand will be? Correct me if Im wrong but you are saying we should aim to get our our M5s around $78,300 plus taxes for ED? That would only be like $10k more than I paid for my C63

Last edited by PatrickC23; 04-27-2012 at 02:55 PM.
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #140
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

I'm really liking Moonstone as a color choice if I do decide to buy an M5. I have narrowed down my buying choices to 3 cars and I have a hard time picking which one I want most.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #141
m3 guy
Major
 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 1,150
iTrader: (3)

Thanks for the guide. Right now I'm looking at:

Base Price 89,900
B05 Monte Carlo Blue Metallic
LKSW Black/Black Merino Leather
2NZ 20" Style 343M 1,300
610 Head-up display 1,300
6F2 Bang & Olufsen 3,700
6NR BMW Apps 250
Destination 895
Gas Guzzler 1,300

Total: $98,645

Plenty of time to change my mind before ordering so we will see...
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
m3 guy is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #142
lawpurv99
das biest
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
I don't get how so many people get invoice pricing - if i were to walk into a dealer now and say Ill pay you invoice + $500 they'd laugh me out of the place. Are we talking people with real "hook-ups" or have purchased multiple vehicles in a short amount of time?

Why would any BMW dealer consider selling any M5 anywhere near invoice at any point this year considering how high the demand will be? Correct me if Im wrong but you are saying we should aim to get our our M5s around $78,300 plus taxes for ED? That would only be like $10k more than I paid for my C63
I am getting an ED Invoice + deal and I talked to my dealer today because a few on this forum have already sent me personal emails asking for his info. My dealer said he can't offer that deal to someone today, but he would work with them to get a good deal, but they obviously will not be at the top of the list on deliveries.

I think you said it yourself on the main reason, but you say "if i were to walk into a dealer now and say Ill pay you invoice + $500 they'd laugh me out of the place" the key part is "now"! I talked to my dealer somewhere around 18 months ago. For dealers to lock in a buyer for a $100k+ car close to 2 years before they will actually be behind the wheel, they should be willing to work with you to lock in the deal (and deposit)! I do agree with you that if you talk to a dealer today, they have no reason to even talk to you because they should have enough demand to already cover all of their allocations for the rest of this year. This is why some of us placed deposits at multiple dealers to see who can really come through now.
lawpurv99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #143
06E90Rostik
2006 join date crew
 
Drives: 2006 325i, 2011 335i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CA, Sacramento

Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2011 335i  [5.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Looking at all these comments, it looks like every F10 M5 will have Exec package and 20" wheels lol
06E90Rostik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #144
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,627
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
I am getting an ED Invoice + deal and I talked to my dealer today because a few on this forum have already sent me personal emails asking for his info. My dealer said he can't offer that deal to someone today, but he would work with them to get a good deal, but they obviously will not be at the top of the list on deliveries.

I think you said it yourself on the main reason, but you say "if i were to walk into a dealer now and say Ill pay you invoice + $500 they'd laugh me out of the place" the key part is "now"! I talked to my dealer somewhere around 18 months ago. For dealers to lock in a buyer for a $100k+ car close to 2 years before they will actually be behind the wheel, they should be willing to work with you to lock in the deal (and deposit)! I do agree with you that if you talk to a dealer today, they have no reason to even talk to you because they should have enough demand to already cover all of their allocations for the rest of this year. This is why some of us placed deposits at multiple dealers to see who can really come through now.
Well my plan was for a 2014 model. But given they won't know what type of demand there will be in a year or how markets will be, how do they negotiate that? Did they provide ypu in writing your deal based on invoice? I'm speaking as someone without a regular bmw dealer I use.
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #145
Niko1414
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M6 - 2014 M6GC - 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E90Rostik
Looking at all these comments, it looks like every F10 M5 will have Exec package and 20" wheels lol
Not mine

Silverstone exterior
Silverstone extended interior
19 inch rims ( considering 20s)
Head up display option add
BMW apps option add

That's it.

Don't need the other items.
Niko1414 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #146
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,627
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
Not mine

Silverstone exterior
Silverstone extended interior
19 inch rims ( considering 20s)
Head up display option add
BMW apps option add

That's it.

Don't need the other items.
What exactly does bmw apps allow u to do?
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #147
Niko1414
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M6 - 2014 M6GC - 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/connecteddrive/2010/videos.html
Niko1414 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #148
lawpurv99
das biest
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Well my plan was for a 2014 model. But given they won't know what type of demand there will be in a year or how markets will be, how do they negotiate that? Did they provide ypu in writing your deal based on invoice? I'm speaking as someone without a regular bmw dealer I use.
This is my first one with a BMW and I did get it in writing (ED Invoice + pricing and Dealer's Allocation #1 confirmed) with my deposit contract. I guess you create your own demand and go with your gut feel. I used a dealer that friends used that had an excellent experience. If you want his info, send me a message. I have done this in the past with other brands and you clearly find out quickly which dealers know what they are doing and which ones don't, but I've only done this on MY1's of new cars. BTW, my dealer is not local to me, but he does orders for all across the country.
lawpurv99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #149
VAUROS
///Mpowered to Defy the Road
 
VAUROS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GT-R (Sold)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbia, MD

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

How has everyone overlooked Monte Carlo Blue with Sakhir organge interior... HOT!

It doesn't look superman'ish either!
__________________
Future Ride: Not Sure Yet... Alpine White
Previous Rides: 2013 GT-R Premium, 2012 GT-R Black Edition, 2011.5 E92 M3, 2005 E46 M3, 2003 E46 M3

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - J. Dean
VAUROS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #150
06E90Rostik
2006 join date crew
 
Drives: 2006 325i, 2011 335i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CA, Sacramento

Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2011 335i  [5.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
Not mine

Silverstone exterior
Silverstone extended interior
19 inch rims ( considering 20s)
Head up display option add
BMW apps option add

That's it.

Don't need the other items.
That's funny because I though that out of all things offered in Exec Pkg BMW Apps was the worst. Basically at this point and time they simply don't work, so $250 down the drain.
06E90Rostik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #151
mapezzul
Special Agent
 
mapezzul's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
You should be able to save more than the 6K. The $83,655 price is the MSRP for ED. The invoice will probably be another 7% off that number. So I would aim for ED invoice + $500. Once its up on bmwconfig.com, it will show the ED invoice price.
Doubt it on an M5... M cars come out of allocation until there are extras. And that means the dealer will be giving up on CSI (ED cars do not count towards CSI) money which is a huge chunk of change. For a while I would bet people pay ED MSRP if a dealer will even do it.

When BMWNA gets ED allocations (for the ED department) for the M5 then the dealer is not losing a slot. A lot of people couldn't do ED on the 1M for this very reason and in the past the 6 Series and M cars all had the same issues. The $500 over wholesale does not always apply and I am sure that at launch that will be the case.
mapezzul is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #152
Mporcl
Private First Class
 
Drives: BM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 106
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Mporcl
i'm not familiar with ED so i' can't comment. I highly doubt any of the 1st M5's will NOT be full MSRP with the exception of olympic money, BMWCCA money and maybe some kind of customer loyalty money...
Mporcl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #153
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,627
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/connecteddrive/2010/videos.html
Steve Jobs haunting me from the grave - guess I will have to finally get an iPhone.
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #154
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

If you wait for a year or 18 months you should be ok and past the demand. Remember this is a 100k + car and the economy does not look like its going to rebound any time soon. Not to mention gas prices on the rise. Be patient. I am waiting 18 months. No point in buying a high end sports car now only to take delivery in sept right before the weather gets bad in the northeast.
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2012 bmw m5, 2012 m5 forum, 2013 bmw m5, 2013 bmw m5 euro delivery, 2013 bmw m5 european delivery, 2013 bmw m5 msrp, 2013 bmw m5 order guide, 2013 bmw m5 price, 2013 bmw m5 prices, 2013 bmw m5 pricing, 2013 m5, 2013 m5 euro delivery, 2013 m5 european delivery, 2013 m5 forum, 2013 m5 msrp, 2013 m5 order guide, 2013 m5 ordering, 2013 m5 price, 2013 m5 prices, 2013 m5 pricing, bmw f10 m5, bmw f10 m5 order guide, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m5 european delivery, bmw m5 f10, bmw m5 f10 order guide, bmw m5 forum, bmw m5 forums, bmw m5 order guide, bmw m5 ordering, f10 m5, f10 m5 audio, f10 m5 audio system, f10 m5 b&o, f10 m5 bang and olufsen, f10 m5 bang olufsen, f10 m5 ceramic brakes, f10 m5 european delivery, f10 m5 forum, f10 m5 gas guzzler, f10 m5 msrp, f10 m5 options, f10 m5 order guide, f10 m5 packages, f10 m5 price, f10 m5 prices, f10 m5 pricing, f10 m5 specs, m forum, m forums, m5 euro delivery, m5 european delivery, m5 f10, m5 f10 forum, m5 f10 forums, m5 f10 gas guzzler, m5 f10 msrp, m5 f10 options, m5 f10 order guide

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST