M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #45
NlckyBlack
Lieutenant
 
NlckyBlack's Avatar
 
Drives: Too many cars
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bergen County, NJ

Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)

whats the cost range of the Morr MS5.2
__________________
NlckyBlack is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #46
NlckyBlack
Lieutenant
 
NlckyBlack's Avatar
 
Drives: Too many cars
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bergen County, NJ

Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts View Post
My suggestion:

Whats the specs on this wheel and ballpark cost? It looks stunning on the black F10
__________________
NlckyBlack is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #47
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
 
wheeladdicts's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,133
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
whats the cost range of the Morr MS5.2
PM on the way.
wheeladdicts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #48
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
 
wheeladdicts's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,133
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
Whats the specs on this wheel and ballpark cost? It looks stunning on the black F10
Pm on the way regarding price.

This set was:

21x9 on 255/30/21
21x10.5 on 295/25/21
Hand Brushed and Cleared Face
Polished Lips with ceramic coating
Hand Brushed and cleared inners
wheeladdicts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #49
deathray
Private
 
Drives: E60 M5, F10 M5, E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Ive been looking at CCW for wheels. They seem to be forged and custom machined and are priced way better than a lot of the other ones around. Ive read some pretty good things around on the net, but, this is my first non-oem wheel purchase. Does anybody have any experience with them?
deathray is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #50
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,681
iTrader: (0)

Just ordered a set of Forgeline GA1R (19") for a pretty decent price. It weighs around 20lbs and monobloc.

It looks like this.
Attached Images
 
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #51
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, I've just decided to go with ADV for a set of wheels, worked with Wheels Boutique on this project and they are top notch to work with.




The car depicted is a 5 series, I've also ordered an alpine white M5. The offsets a bit a different on the 5 series and M5, so my lip will be significantly deeper on the rear and the wheel will look more concave than depicted here. I went with the ADV10 deep concave set, 21x9 on Michelin PSS 255/30/21 on front and 21x11 295/25/21 on the rear. The face will be a satin brushed gunmetallic with chrome lip. Will hopefully be done in 4-5 weeks!!! Can't wait!!

Last edited by CarolinaM5; 08-09-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: picture didn't display
CarolinaM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #52
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5
Hey guys, I've just decided to go with ADV for a set of wheels, worked with Wheels Boutique on this project and they are top notch to work with.




The car depicted is a 5 series, I've also ordered an alpine white M5. The offsets a bit a different on the 5 series and M5, so my lip will be significantly deeper on the rear and the wheel will look more concave than depicted here. I went with the ADV10 deep concave set, 21x9 on Michelin PSS 255/30/21 on front and 21x11 295/25/21 on the rear. The face will be a satin brushed gunmetallic with chrome lip. Will hopefully be done in 4-5 weeks!!! Can't wait!!
What springs are you going to use to lower the car?
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #53
Trips
Private First Class
 
Trips's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 m5, '10 r8 v10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NW Indiana

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Hey guys, I've just decided to go with ADV for a set of wheels, worked with Wheels Boutique on this project and they are top notch to work with.




The car depicted is a 5 series, I've also ordered an alpine white M5. The offsets a bit a different on the 5 series and M5, so my lip will be significantly deeper on the rear and the wheel will look more concave than depicted here. I went with the ADV10 deep concave set, 21x9 on Michelin PSS 255/30/21 on front and 21x11 295/25/21 on the rear. The face will be a satin brushed gunmetallic with chrome lip. Will hopefully be done in 4-5 weeks!!! Can't wait!!
Those are beauties. Make sure they do the race prep for you on those or else u will be stuck with wheels that weigh 30+lbs each!
Trips is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #54
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
What springs are you going to use to lower the car?
Not sure yet, I'd like to maintain ride quality so I was thinking to get the KW sleeve kit when it comes out, H&R already has some available, but my impression is that ride quality will deteriorate with these. Any suggestions?
CarolinaM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #55
Trips
Private First Class
 
Trips's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 m5, '10 r8 v10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NW Indiana

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Not sure yet, I'd like to maintain ride quality so I was thinking to get the KW sleeve kit when it comes out, H&R already has some available, but my impression is that ride quality will deteriorate with these. Any suggestions?
You may be waiting awhile for the sleeve kit as they have not even started R&D on them. IMHO springs will not bring car car low enough to have the car look as it should. I opted for the KW3's which are fully adjustable and historically have had a great ride quality.
Trips is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #56
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
You may be waiting awhile for the sleeve kit as they have not even started R&D on them. IMHO springs will not bring car car low enough to have the car look as it should. I opted for the KW3's which are fully adjustable and historically have had a great ride quality.
Are the KW's EDC compliant? Meaning you won't lose function of the EDC?
CarolinaM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #57
Andrew@IND
Colonel
 
Andrew@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Are the KW's EDC compliant? Meaning you won't lose function of the EDC?
The KW Variant 3's are not EDC compatible. KW's varaint 3 as well as 3-way clubsport will have a EDC module to delete the factory EDC warning.
__________________
Andrew@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #58
t-deL88
Enlisted Member
 
t-deL88's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 32
iTrader: (-1)

You guys might want to do a little bit of research on the M3Post side before spending almost $10k on wheels/tires for your $100k M5's and dealing with headaches down the line... Just read up on all of this smh

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664569

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608
t-deL88 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #59
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@IND View Post
The KW Variant 3's are not EDC compatible. KW's varaint 3 as well as 3-way clubsport will have a EDC module to delete the factory EDC warning.
Thats why I'm favoring the Sleeve kit when/if it comes out, so that you don't lose the adjustability, one of the main reasons I've opted for the M5...
CarolinaM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #60
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,681
iTrader: (0)

Yep.

I've done my homework. That's why Adv.1 is out. Actually, did not even bother to look at this brand from day 1.


Quote:
Originally Posted by t-deL88 View Post
You guys might want to do a little bit of research on the M3Post side before spending almost $10k on wheels/tires for your $100k M5's and dealing with headaches down the line... Just read up on all of this smh

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664569

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #61
Bnicely
Bnicely
 
Bnicely's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Vorsteiner? Yeah or nay

Would love opinions on Vorsteiner 160 or 360's, 21's or 20's in gloss black or a charcoal grey for new f10 in citron black. How is Vorsteiner compared to HRE? BBS? Etc.. Thanks
__________________
"If u ain't first, you're last" Ricky Bobby
Bnicely is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #62
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Guys, there are examples of even HREs cracking out on the internet, does that mean we should ban them and never buy them again? Of course not, all wheels are potentially prone to failure. I had a recent set of Apex wheels on a BMW 328 that I do DE's with, and when I put new tires on the rims we noticed that both front wheels were slightly bent. I was assured these wheels were extremely durable when I purchased them. Any wheel can crack if put under the right circumstances. Most folks with ADVs I've seen have been happy with their purchase. Plus, I didn't spend 10 grand like folks are assuming.
CarolinaM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #63
lippi
Private
 
Drives: M3 e92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Not sure yet, I'd like to maintain ride quality so I was thinking to get the KW sleeve kit when it comes out, H&R already has some available, but my impression is that ride quality will deteriorate with these. Any suggestions?
You should get the KW V3, i love mine and fully recommend to others who plan to lower the car. If possible you should also get the HLS kit but the price for the front is more expensive then my KW CS
lippi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #64
mwlmd
Major
 
mwlmd's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Can someone explain the difference between the KW V3 and the KW sleeve kit?
__________________
F10 M5
Alpine/Sakhir/Anthracite/DCT

HRE P101. Akrapovič evolution. H&R. Bell StiR+ Laser Interceptor quad. IND cosmetics. 3M CR50.
mwlmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #65
Trips
Private First Class
 
Trips's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 m5, '10 r8 v10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NW Indiana

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

From my understanding, KW3 are a fully adjustable coilover set-up (compression, rebound, and height) while the sleeve kit is only height adjustable.
Trips is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #66
Trips
Private First Class
 
Trips's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 m5, '10 r8 v10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NW Indiana

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Here's a quick preview of my wheels, 20" BBS RE. Can't decide what color to go with, may ride one side silver the other gunmetal lol

Thx to Ilia at IND for helping get these!
Attached Images
 
Trips is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST