M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
recentrisk

Drives: M5

Meisterschaft Super Light GT Racing

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Has anyone heard this in person? I have seen posts that it is too loud. I am scared of something obnoxious. Can someone comment?
      01-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drives: very well

It sounds the way an M5 should sound. Nothing to be afraid of. Not too loud. Not too obnoxious. Just wonderful. Especially in a tunnel.

2008 SmartCar - 2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Poleposition is offline   United_States
      01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by recentrisk
Has anyone heard this in person? I have seen posts that it is too loud. I am scared of something obnoxious. Can someone comment?
I have heard it. It is the loudest system I have seen. Compared to both Eisenmanns, Akra, and RPI it is definitely the loudest. I like it but a bit to loud for my taste.

MindlessMark07
///2013 M5 Alpine White/Black,Orange County CA\\\
      01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
M54ccibo
Major

Drives: '13 F10 M5 AW/SO

Superlight is valve-less. Thinking that I'd probably go with the valves so that I can cut the sound back if needed.
M54ccibo is offline   United_States
      01-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo
Superlight is valve-less. Thinking that I'd probably go with the valves so that I can cut the sound back if needed.
The problem is according to Tom at EAS, he has seen the valves break and remain stuck in the open or closed setting. On the system he has on an M6 at their shop, the valve is stuck open all the time and believe me, its really really loud. This weekend Vic55 is coming to cars and coffee and he is running the Eisenmann race setup, it think you should hear that option before pulling the trigger.

MindlessMark07
///2013 M5 Alpine White/Black,Orange County CA\\\
      01-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Jty421
Private

Drives: 2013 Alpine White M6 Coupe

I have the Meisterschaft system on my F13. It is not loud as the Eisenmann race on my old 2009 M6. Sounds very nice but valve control system is pain in the butt to install.....(it picked up the airbag light after they complete the install and they are still trying to figure out what went wrong....)
      01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
M54ccibo
Major

Yeah Mark...I remember you telling me that. And the valve is a necessity for me, especially considering the type of car this is, and, that cpiguy said there is drone under 2K RPM, noticeable with the valves open.

I am getting H&R springs and spacers installed on 1/23 so after this weekend I think I'll know what direction I'm going and order the exhaust. I'm definitely doing a downpipe-back setup.

whiteonredm6...is the light a coincidence? Was it related to a power-tap?
      01-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
Jty421
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Yeah Mark...I remember you telling me that. And the valve is a necessity for me, especially considering the type of car this is, and, that cpiguy said there is drone under 2K RPM, noticeable with the valves open.

I am getting H&R springs and spacers installed on 1/23 so after this weekend I think I'll know what direction I'm going and order the exhaust. I'm definitely doing a downpipe-back setup.

whiteonredm6...is the light a coincidence? Was it related to a power-tap?
No, I believe it has something to do with electronic when they run wires with valve control.
      01-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My experience is that with valves closed, it is no louder than your stock setup. With valves open, different story altogether. I wouldnt have purchased this exhaust without the valves. There is drone inside the cabin only with valves open and only between 1500 and 1900 RPM. You can cruise comfortably on highway with valves open without any drone. Valves closed, no drone at any time. For me, it's exactly what I was looking for. The power tap is not difficult if you have a shop that knows these cars. I opted for the remote control and my shop tapped the cig lighter in the trunk for power. Ive had no issues.

01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
recentrisk

Drives: M5

Yea I was specifically talking about the valve-less model. It sounds like it is louder than the others which may be an issue for me.
      01-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
M54ccibo
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
My experience is that with valves closed, it is no louder than your stock setup. With valves open, different story altogether. I wouldnt have purchased this exhaust without the valves. There is drone inside the cabin only with valves open and only between 1500 and 1900 RPM. You can cruise comfortably on highway with valves open without any drone. Valves closed, no drone at any time. For me, it's exactly what I was looking for. The power tap is not difficult if you have a shop that knows these cars. I opted for the remote control and my shop tapped the cig lighter in the trunk for power. Ive had no issues.
Thanks. This is now confirmed by two people on the board...and better aligns with what I am looking for in an aftermarket exhaust.
      01-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
RPiM5
Brigadier General

Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)

I haven't heard the Meistershaft yet, but I want to. I believe Mark when he says that it is loud, and I want to hear it so bad. However, back in my E60 M5 days we had an old nickname for the Meistershaft exhaust for the E60 M5, and that was Meisterslow, because they didn't really make any power.

I have the Full RPi GT system on my F10 M5 now, which gives the highest power gains on the F10 that I've ever seen, but it is way too quiet even without secondary cats and no resonators. So I have decided to go the route of having RPi design me a one-off complete muffler deleted section 3 that I hope will be as loud as the Meistershaft system. My new section 3 should be done in about 4 weeks. I don't care about drone, as I used to say, if you've never driven an E60 M5 with a full catback exhaust, no resonators, and straightpiped headers, you have absolutely no idea what drone is! LOL!

So anyways, I hope to hear the Meistershaft before I get my muffler deletes on my F10 so I can compare the two.
      01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
M54ccibo
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I haven't heard the Meistershaft yet, but I want to. I believe Mark when he says that it is loud, and I want to hear it so bad. However, back in my E60 M5 days we had an old nickname for the Meistershaft exhaust for the E60 M5, and that was Meisterslow, because they didn't really make any power.

I have the Full RPi GT system on my F10 M5 now, which gives the highest power gains on the F10 that I've ever seen, but it is way too quiet even without secondary cats and no resonators. So I have decided to go the route of having RPi design me a one-off complete muffler deleted section 3 that I hope will be as loud as the Meistershaft system. My new section 3 should be done in about 4 weeks. I don't care about drone, as I used to say, if you've never driven an E60 M5 with a full catback exhaust, no resonators, and straightpiped headers, you have absolutely no idea what drone is! LOL!

So anyways, I hope to hear the Meistershaft before I get my muffler deletes on my F10 so I can compare the two.
+1. I want to hear it too, and, I can't wait to see what the results of BLACK MARKT's dyno run with his Meisterschaft setup. Meisterschaft GTC open with LXR pipe is claimed to be +30HP.
      01-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
F12M6MD
Private

Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Garage List
2013 F13 M6  [0.00]
Just installed full cat-back with LXR GTC with wireless EV control on my F12 M6. Sound is freaking ridiculous. It makes u want to drive so much more aggressive because the sound to me is THAT much better than stock. Mustang dyno before and after same day showed 14hp increase at wheels (501hp). Not as much as advertised but I was going for sound. Valve works well to quiet down to near stock. I'll post more info and pics/video tomorrow over on M6 forum.
      01-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #15
Tylerstar
Captain

Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5

Is anyone running a Full Meisterschaft SLG with the GTHAUS downpipes? Would love to hear that. Really curious on how much sound the downpipes will bring. Iv'e heard a video but thats about it. I have people complaining my stock exhaust is too loud...

Last edited by Tylerstar; 01-11-2013 at 03:46 AM.
      01-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
F12M6MD
Private

Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Garage List
2013 F13 M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar
Is anyone running a Full Meisterschaft SLG with the GTHAUS downpipes? Would love to hear that. Really curious on how much sound the downpipes will bring. Iv'e heard a video but thats about it. I have people complaining my stock exhaust is too loud...
Personally, full cat back with valves open is loud enough. Obviously considerable hp gains with down pipes but as daily driver might get too much noise that's not easily reversible with valve especially when you just want to cruise and not scare small children. Lol.
      01-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
Jty421
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
I have the meisterschaft full catback on my m6 if you wanna hear in person let me know I'm in Miami.
      01-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
BLACK MARKT
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW F10 M5 - ALPINE WHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Go with the valves ...
I love my MEISTERSCHAFT GTC system + LXR pipe!!
      01-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
Jty421
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK MARKT View Post
Go with the valves ...
Have you guys installed the Meisterschaft exhaust with valve control on an M6?
      01-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #20
cpiguy
Captain

Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK MARKT View Post
Go with the valves ...
Couldn't agree more!

CPIGUY
2010 M3 Coupe,2011 458 Italia
2014 911 Turbo S, 2014 X5 3.5
cpiguy is offline   United_States
      01-12-2013, 02:17 AM   #21
Tylerstar
Captain

Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
but as daily driver might get too much noise that's not easily reversible with valve especially when you just want to cruise and not scare small children. Lol.
I agree, Hahahah.
      01-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #22
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiguy View Post
Couldn't agree more!
I second this!