M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
 
kamichael's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
SoCal Arrival

After many (many, many...) months of following, ordering and waiting - my car has arrived at the dealership. My sales manager (and new best friend) has been keeping me informed since the car hit the shore. Well, it arrived towards the end of the day and he sent me some pictures as it was unloaded from the truck. Just more candid pictures that everyone has seen, nothing too exciting, kind of neat to see it on and off the truck though. I hope to pick it up tomorrow (Friday) after it is prepared for final delivery. Enjoy the pictures and keep posting your news. I know that I have been reading everyone's stories as they unfold.
Attached Images
       
__________________
'14 M5 CP & '14 550i M Sport
kamichael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Cali_Rob
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 SSII (ordered)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Congrats!! What interior?

Does anyone have recommendations for a track in SoCal? Never been, but want to get out there with the new beast.
Cali_Rob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
 
kamichael's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Rob View Post
Congrats!! What interior?

Does anyone have recommendations for a track in SoCal? Never been, but want to get out there with the new beast.
Alpine White, Black Merino, Anthracite Wood
M DCT, Executive Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg, 20", B&O.
__________________
'14 M5 CP & '14 550i M Sport
kamichael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
727jbh
Lieutenant
 
727jbh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 Moonstone
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Florida

Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)

Congrats!!! Mine arrives at the port the 29th. Hopefully a delivery by the 7th of Sept.

It's great to see all of these deliveries. Share more pics when you take delivery.

Again, congrats and enjoy!!!
727jbh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Congrats. Perfect way to start your weekend
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
Fly M5
Private
 
Drives: 2014 M6GC CP & 2015 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Congrats..looks great! Give us a review when you get a chance.
__________________
Current: 2014 M6GC CP and 2015 M3
Past: 2013 M5, 2012 E63, 2011 panamera turbo, 2010 E63, 2010 GTR, 2009 C63, 2008 M5
Fly M5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
 
kamichael's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I will definitely post more pictures and describe what I think of the car after I get a chance to actually drive it. I think that we must all be a bit crazy having ordered this car without even having a chance to get behind the wheel yet. Hopefully more people will be able to take delivery of their cars this weekend as well.
__________________
'14 M5 CP & '14 550i M Sport
kamichael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
cpiguy
Captain
 
cpiguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 616
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Looks awesome! Jealous
__________________

CPIGUY
2010 M3 Coupe,2011 458 Italia
2014 911 Turbo S, 2014 X5 3.5
cpiguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
Shaolin
New Member
 
Drives: Lexus is 350
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichael View Post
After many (many, many...) months of following, ordering and waiting - my car has arrived at the dealership. My sales manager (and new best friend) has been keeping me informed since the car hit the shore. Well, it arrived towards the end of the day and he sent me some pictures as it was unloaded from the truck. Just more candid pictures that everyone has seen, nothing too exciting, kind of neat to see it on and off the truck though. I hope to pick it up tomorrow (Friday) after it is prepared for final delivery. Enjoy the pictures and keep posting your news. I know that I have been reading everyone's stories as they unfold.
nice. I think you work with my friend...
Shaolin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
Jason
Administrator
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 16,454
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Added you to our F10 M5 Owners Registry
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Jason is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
BodyPlexM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Back
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Athens Ga

Posts: 144
iTrader: (1)

Very Jealous!!!! More pics and review when u can! Congrats!
BodyPlexM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
727jbh
Lieutenant
 
727jbh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 Moonstone
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Florida

Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)

Congrats and post pics!!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!!!
727jbh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
raymeechen
Private
 
Drives: E84 sDrive, F10 M5...expecting
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manhattan; Taiwan-South

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW X1  [0.00]
Pictures pls!!!
raymeechen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #14
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
 
kamichael's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sorry I haven't posted photos yet. I have so much to say about this car, especially in comparison to my '12 550 M Sport. Steering, braking, how it sounds, shifts, handles. I'll be posting a review over the weekend. It's great to see everyone starting to take delivery now. I'll have more pictures too.

By the way everyone - I was able to take advantage of both offers BMW currently has - the $750 BMW customer loyalty discount and the $500 BMW 3/5/7 Ultimate Drive App discount. $1250 total. Helped to cover the GGT - LOL.
__________________
'14 M5 CP & '14 550i M Sport
kamichael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
max4speed
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M5 6-Speed
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Congrats!!
max4speed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #16
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
 
kamichael's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Again, sorry for the delay in getting these photos posted - I did pick the car up Friday afternoon. It has been a busy weekend for me with a family birthday and other obligations. Here are some shots of the exterior as well as some interior shots showing a few things I do not usually find like the B&O speakers and the rear seat climate control.

Enjoy these pictures and please let me know if there is anything in particular that you might want to see - I'll do my best to capture it. These were all taken with my iPhone - the day shots look pretty good, but the night quality is fuzzy.

I am also working to post a comparison with my F10 550. I still love BMW putting the "efficient dynamics" sticker on this beast.
Attached Images
             
__________________
'14 M5 CP & '14 550i M Sport

Last edited by kamichael; 08-27-2012 at 03:29 AM.
kamichael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #17
hsiaochinsan
中華民國大總統
 
hsiaochinsan's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' 911 C4S / 1999 E36 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SF Bay Area/Cupertino

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via MSN to hsiaochinsan
Congrats!

Quick question: Does the B&O speaker light up with its own LED light?

Would you mind post some pics?

Thanks!
__________________
hsiaochinsan is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #18
Rob///M5
Major
 
Rob///M5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Great shot of the front wheel arch flare - hard to tell in most pics how enhanced it is over standard F10.

You gotta lose those amber reflectors asap
Rob///M5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #19
visualguy
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: S5/M5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)

Is the EfficientDynamics sticker easily removable?
visualguy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #20
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
 
kamichael's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm glad you brought this question back up - I had asked someone about this before I got my car. It was described briefly in the BMW literature.

Yes - it is very subtle. There is a small white colored LED that projects light upward on the center dash speaker at night. It is VERY subtle though - not overly bright or distractive. Just enough to make the speaker noticeable in the dark. You can even adjust it from the lighting options from within the iDrive settings menu. It gives you the ability to disable the light altogether, to enable the light or to choose to "reduce while driving." The light is so slight however that I don't find it necessary to disable or reduce it. I have not tried the reduce while driving mode yet - I am even amazed that there is a middle brightness from the full on and full off modes. I have turned it off and on again - it does not simply switch off - it very slowly dims and then turns off, or very slowly brightens up to the full on level again.

It is really interesting how much attention BMW and/or B&O has put on this little light feature. None of the other B&O aluminum speakers look to be lit from what I can tell.

On another note however - a post to itself in the future I suspect - the B&O system is WORTH EVERY LITTLE PENNY. I have the BMW Premium Sound 16 speaker system in my F10 550 - this is the standard stereo for F10 M5 in the United States. I was so very pleased with that system - I was never able to actually hear the B&O system before ordering my M5. I figured it was better, I just wasn't sure if it was nearly $4000 better. Hands down - better in every possible way, a must have if you like your music!
__________________
'14 M5 CP & '14 550i M Sport

Last edited by kamichael; 08-27-2012 at 03:31 AM.
kamichael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #21
hsiaochinsan
中華民國大總統
 
hsiaochinsan's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' 911 C4S / 1999 E36 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SF Bay Area/Cupertino

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via MSN to hsiaochinsan
Thanks for sharing the detail. Now I can't wait to get my car next month and enjoy the B&O like you did!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichael View Post
I'm glad you brought this question back up - I had asked someone about this before I got my car. It was described briefly in the BMW literature.

Yes - it is very subtle. There is a small white colored LED that projects light upward on the center dash speaker at night. It is VERY subtle though - not overly bright or distractive. Just enough to make the speaker noticeable in the dark. You can even adjust it from the lighting options from within the iDrive settings menu. It gives you the ability to disable the light altogether, to enable the light or to choose to "reduce while driving." The light is so slight however that I don't find it necessary to disable or reduce it. I have not tried the reduce while driving mode yet - I am even amazed that there is a middle brightness from the full on and full off modes. I have turned it off and on again - it does not simply switch off - it very slowly dims and then turns off, or very slowly brightens up to the full on level again.

It is really interesting how much attention BMW and/or B&O has put on this little light feature. None of the other B&O aluminum speakers look to be lit from what I can tell.

On another note however - a post to itself in the future I suspect - the B&O system is WORTH EVERY LITTLE PENNY. I have the BMW Premium Sound 16 speaker system in my F10 550 - this is the standard stereo for the United States. I was so very pleased with that system - I was never able to actually hear the B&O system before ordering my M5. I figured it was better, I just wasn't sure if it was nearly $4000 better. Hands down - better in every possible way, a must have if you like your music!
__________________
hsiaochinsan is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #22
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
 
kamichael's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Is the EfficientDynamics sticker easily removable?
Yep - it is just a normal plastic sticker. It is on the interior side of the glass. Some dealers remove them all before delivery. Mine was left on and I hadn't removed it yet myself.
__________________
'14 M5 CP & '14 550i M Sport
kamichael is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST