M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

ED Customers Shipping Info, 9/3 drop offs

For those who have dropped off their cars by 9/3 here are the two ships scheduled to leave Bremerhaven to New Jersey:

TOMBARRA 9/5/12
TORONTO 9/13/12

When I dropped my car off on 9/3 the shipping company said its about 24 hours to get from Munich to the port. There is a transport scheduled to leave the evening of 9/3 with ED Customer Cars. The ED Cars have priority and the shipping company told me that they had to re-route a carrier from another scheduled pickup to transport the influx of vehicles they have had on 9/3. I am hoping all the cars dropped off by 9/3 make it on the 9/5 ship, the Tombarra. The Tombarra is scheduled to hit New York around 9/19.
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

Posts: 4,784
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
For those who have dropped off their cars by 9/3 here are the two ships scheduled to leave Bremerhaven to New Jersey:

TOMBARRA 9/5/12
TORONTO 9/13/12

When I dropped my car off on 9/3 the shipping company said its about 24 hours to get from Munich to the port. There is a transport scheduled to leave the evening of 9/3 with ED Customer Cars. The ED Cars have priority and the shipping company told me that they had to re-route a carrier from another scheduled pickup to transport the influx of vehicles they have had on 9/3. I am hoping all the cars dropped off by 9/3 make it on the 9/5 ship, the Tombarra. The Tombarra is scheduled to hit New York around 9/19.
Yeah typically you will not get on the 9/5 boat because it will be too late to do the paperwork to get you on the boat. Plus the usually require at least a 24-48 hour cooling off period before allowing the cargo on board (I don't know why).

You normally get on the second boat. At least thats been my experience.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Yeah typically you will not get on the 9/5 boat because it will be too late to do the paperwork to get you on the boat. Plus the usually require at least a 24-48 hour cooling off period before allowing the cargo on board (I don't know why).

You normally get on the second boat. At least thats been my experience.
Well looks like it will be sitting at the port until 9/13 then.

ArtE36M3, just saw them load your car up, alongside mine, on the transport carrier. Car made it on perfectly without any scratches, etc.
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
AGS
Captain
 
AGS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
ArtE36M3, just saw them load your car up, alongside mine, on the transport carrier. Car made it on perfectly without any scratches, etc.
cmhsam - I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. It was great to meet you and your wife.

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) you didn't see my car on the transport and my car made it to the port yesterday as the lady at the drop-off location said. It's low probability, but really hoping my car makes it on the ship leaving on the 5th.
__________________
Current: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue F10 M5 (ED on 9/1/12), 2014 Anvil Willys Wheeler Jeep Wrangler (weekend toy)
Previous: 2009 Carbon Black E60 M5, 2006 Silverstone II E60 M5, 2003 Sterling Grey E39 M5, 2000 Anthracite E39 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
AGS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
cmhsam - I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. It was great to meet you and your wife.

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) you didn't see my car on the transport and my car made it to the port yesterday as the lady at the drop-off location said. It's low probability, but really hoping my car makes it on the ship leaving on the 5th.
Didnt see your car at all ...I think you are good! Pleasure meeting you too!
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
 
LeMansM5's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2005

Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)

2 weeks to NJ is very fast. They took 2+ weeks to just get on carrier, when I did ED last year.
The young ladies at Loginout at Munuch airport are very nice and they had emailed me the screenshot of the details of the carrier.

You guys will be hooked to W&W site till the carrier gets on US port.
LeMansM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5
2 weeks to NJ is very fast. They took 2+ weeks to just get on carrier, when I did ED last year.
The young ladies at Loginout at Munuch airport are very nice and they had emailed me the screenshot of the details of the carrier.

You guys will be hooked to W&W site till the carrier gets on US port.
Am staying at Kempinski Airport Hotel tonight. I am so impatient I walked down when I saw the carriers to see if my car was loaded.
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #8
BarryB
Captain
 
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Palo Alto CA

Posts: 731
iTrader: (0)

Did you "get loaded"?
BarryB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

I did. I saw them drive the cars from the drop off facility to the carriers right around the corner. The drivers were very careful with the cars. There were a total of four carriers with 8 cars each. I also saw your friend, Fred's, MCB M5. He was right in front of me at the drop off facility. Very nice guy!

The facility told me that they have seen these ships make it to New Jersey in one week. Depends on weather but thats wishful thinking. I think it will be a total of 5-6 weeks before we see it.
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
lawpurv99
das biest
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam
I did. I saw them drive the cars from the drop off facility to the carriers right around the corner. The drivers were very careful with the cars. There were a total of four carriers with 8 cars each. I also saw your friend, Fred's, MCB M5. He was right in front of me at the drop off facility. Very nice guy!

The facility told me that they have seen these ships make it to New Jersey in one week. Depends on weather but thats wishful thinking. I think it will be a total of 5-6 weeks before we see it.
You see mine? She said it would leave Monday morning.
lawpurv99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Tigumz
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M,VO; F10M5; Others
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Ohio

Posts: 166
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 Lotus Exige S  [0.00]
2011 Bmw 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
I did. I saw them drive the cars from the drop off facility to the carriers right around the corner. The drivers were very careful with the cars. There were a total of four carriers with 8 cars each. I also saw your friend, Fred's, MCB M5. He was right in front of me at the drop off facility. Very nice guy!

The facility told me that they have seen these ships make it to New Jersey in one week. Depends on weather but thats wishful thinking. I think it will be a total of 5-6 weeks before we see it.
So when would we know which ship are cars are on? I dropped of mine off just before closing today and I saw it loaded on a truck less than an hour later. My car may be on the same truck as yours headed to Ohio (or are you picking up at PDC?) It's gonna be a tough wait!
__________________
Former M cars: Euro E30 M3, 01 E39 M5, 08 E60 M5
Tigumz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
DominionXX
Private
 
Drives: M3 E92 Alpine White Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Richmond, TX

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

I am trying to see if I am on the TOMBARRA as well... although I am waiting on a 2013 M3

Here is the website to track if your car made it on board.
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

You input the VIN in the Cargo ID field.

Can anyone tell me if their cars are showing up on the manifest ??
DominionXX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
You see mine? She said it would leave Monday morning.
I didnt see it at all at the carrier. What time did you drop off the car? We dropped it off around 3 on Monday and saw two MCB's, one other AW. Didnt see yours. Yours may have gotten on a carrier earlier in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigumz View Post
So when would we know which ship are cars are on? I dropped of mine off just before closing today and I saw it loaded on a truck less than an hour later. My car may be on the same truck as yours headed to Ohio (or are you picking up at PDC?) It's gonna be a tough wait!
The dealer should let us know which boat. I believe I saw your car being loaded onto the carrier. Dont quote me on this. I think the cars going to the port in Jersey will be on the boat leaving 9/13.
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
Vinsanity12
Private
 
Vinsanity12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

All we need to remove from the car before drop off is the safety triangle and kit, The Nav USB right? Also I know you need to wash it before you drop it off. Anything else to be aware of?
Vinsanity12 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity12 View Post
All we need to remove from the car before drop off is the safety triangle and kit, The Nav USB right? Also I know you need to wash it before you drop it off. Anything else to be aware of?
Correct on articles which need to be removed. I also took a picture of the mileage and the VIN.

I washed mine really quickly at the car wash right around the corner from the drop off location. There are two so make sure you go to the car wash which has the ability for you to wash the car not the "machine". The ladies at the drop off center can tell you where it is. They have a check sheet and will circle whether your car is "normal" dirty or "excessively" dirty.
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
AGS
Captain
 
AGS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity12 View Post
All we need to remove from the car before drop off is the safety triangle and kit, The Nav USB right? Also I know you need to wash it before you drop it off. Anything else to be aware of?
Based on the recommendation from the woman at The Welt who delivered my car, I also took the owner's manual, tow hook & screwdriver, and M-mobility kit.

Also note there are a pair of scissors in the first aid kit - luckily the screener at the airport let me keep it. I'd put that in your checked bag, or hide it somewhere in the car.
__________________
Current: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue F10 M5 (ED on 9/1/12), 2014 Anvil Willys Wheeler Jeep Wrangler (weekend toy)
Previous: 2009 Carbon Black E60 M5, 2006 Silverstone II E60 M5, 2003 Sterling Grey E39 M5, 2000 Anthracite E39 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
AGS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
Based on the recommendation from the woman at The Welt who delivered my car, I also took the owner's manual, tow hook & screwdriver, and M-mobility kit.

Also note there are a pair of scissors in the first aid kit - luckily the screener at the airport let me keep it. I'd put that in your checked bag, or hide it somewhere in the car.
Did the lady at the drop off center say which boat they were targeting for your car?
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
AGS
Captain
 
AGS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Did the lady at the drop off center say which boat they were targeting for your car?
Nope. She said the boat that left today was possible, but not certain at all. She did note that there are 2 ships a week so it should be fairly quickly.
__________________
Current: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue F10 M5 (ED on 9/1/12), 2014 Anvil Willys Wheeler Jeep Wrangler (weekend toy)
Previous: 2009 Carbon Black E60 M5, 2006 Silverstone II E60 M5, 2003 Sterling Grey E39 M5, 2000 Anthracite E39 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
AGS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Did the lady at the drop off center say which boat they were targeting for your car?
Nope. She said the boat that left today was possible, but not certain at all. She did note that there are 2 ships a week so it should be fairly quickly.
I checked the shipping website and it shows the next boat leaves on the 13th
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
AGS
Captain
 
AGS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
I checked the shipping website and it shows the next boat leaves on the 13th
That's just the main WW website. BMW works with numerous other shipping companies, including subsidiaries of WW. I mentioned the same thing to her about the schedule and she reiterated there are more ships leaving before the 13th. She referenced the next one after the 5th is the 7th.
__________________
Current: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue F10 M5 (ED on 9/1/12), 2014 Anvil Willys Wheeler Jeep Wrangler (weekend toy)
Previous: 2009 Carbon Black E60 M5, 2006 Silverstone II E60 M5, 2003 Sterling Grey E39 M5, 2000 Anthracite E39 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
AGS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
BodyPlexM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Back
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Athens Ga

Posts: 144
iTrader: (1)

I checked the WW site daily trying to find my ship! After tons of frustration, just called my dealer and they td me exactly what ship mine was on. It wasn't even WW, it was a KLine ship
BodyPlexM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
AGS
Captain
 
AGS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
For those who have dropped off their cars by 9/3 here are the two ships scheduled to leave Bremerhaven to New Jersey:

TOMBARRA 9/5/12
TORONTO 9/13/12

When I dropped my car off on 9/3 the shipping company said its about 24 hours to get from Munich to the port. There is a transport scheduled to leave the evening of 9/3 with ED Customer Cars. The ED Cars have priority and the shipping company told me that they had to re-route a carrier from another scheduled pickup to transport the influx of vehicles they have had on 9/3. I am hoping all the cars dropped off by 9/3 make it on the 9/5 ship, the Tombarra. The Tombarra is scheduled to hit New York around 9/19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
That's just the main WW website. BMW works with numerous other shipping companies, including subsidiaries of WW. I mentioned the same thing to her about the schedule and she reiterated there are more ships leaving before the 13th. She referenced the next one after the 5th is the 7th.
Just got an email from LOGINOUT, and unfortunately not only did my car not make it on the Tombarra which left yesterday but there appears to be no other ships before the Toronto (departing 9/13) which is the ship my car will be on. It is scheduled to arrive on 9/26. So disappointed that that my car will have to sit another week before getting loaded on a ship.
__________________
Current: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue F10 M5 (ED on 9/1/12), 2014 Anvil Willys Wheeler Jeep Wrangler (weekend toy)
Previous: 2009 Carbon Black E60 M5, 2006 Silverstone II E60 M5, 2003 Sterling Grey E39 M5, 2000 Anthracite E39 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
AGS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST