M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

09-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
BoneTrauma
Rep
Drives: Sierra HD Crew Cab

Cleaning The Beast?

This is my first car that I think deserves more than the quarter-slot car wash, and I am looking for recommendations for products to use.

I did a little googling, and quickly fell down the rabbit hole. Realistically, I am not going to use a 27 step process that involves a garage full of stuff.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
MakeEmDrool
MD, PhD, and OPP
Rep
Drives: M3 E92, F10 M5 on zee wei

Strange u have so many views and not one tip offered (no shortage of opinions on here).

Far from an expert here, and it's a safe bet they'll all come out of the woodwork to tell u I'm an idiot/do this n that instead.... My gift to u.

That being said, here's something I found looking around to try and help u out. Have a peek:
http://automotivedetailing.com/asset...ricks_tips.htm

Happy spot free motoring
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

I have been looking into new products myself. Ready to step up from the normal OTC products. The two new sites I have been lurking on is http://www.autogeek.net/ and http://www.detailersdomain.com/ Auto geek has a lot of comments/reviews and step by step guides on products. There you can see just how much "work" some products take and actually regular joe pics of the results. Hope these help you to narrow down your focus cone.
      09-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Bnicely
Bnicely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I am not an authority at all, but another member recommended Blackfire out of Miami, another Griots Garage, and there's Zaino which I have used and works well. Also appears as though Swissvax is a fantastic wax for our sleds. FYI
      09-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Bmill
E39, E60 and now F10
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Thriple Black

The Blackfire products blow Zanos away. Happy to box all my Zanos stuff up and ship it to someone else for a wooden nickel!

I'm telling you I have purchased every wax and high end sealer on the market. I have more detailing stuff than most detailers. I use the Wet Diamond all finish paint protection. It last about 3 months in Minnesota. When I really want to show off I top it with the Midnight Sun wax. All are very easy to use ( Zanos is a real pain). The Blackfire swirl products also really work on the very hard BMW clear coat.

You can cleck out my work on the "Triple Black" thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Bnicely
Bnicely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Ok bmill you sold me, ordering the Wet Diamond all finish paint protection immediately and packing it in the suitcase, going to apply it before leaving the Welt garage or wherever they allow me to slickify my new beastly sled.
      09-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #7
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire

Www.autogeek.net. Just one place to learn how and buy what you need.
Appreciate 0