M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
nybimmerfan's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

M5 Drop off appointment

This is a question for those doing ED. Did any of you make any appointment well in advance for the drop off? I am dropping off my car in Nice mid-October and this afternoon I wrote an email (in French) and hopefully receive a response soon. I did this just to make sure that the date I chose for the drop off will be fine; if not I would still have time to make changes to my itenerary. I just don't want any surprises.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
cmhsam
Major
24
Rep
1,276
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I made an appt but showed up two hours earlier. Had no issues with the early drop off
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
M54ccibo
Major
M54ccibo's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,446
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 M5 AW/SO
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

I dropped in Nice. Made the appointment over email in English with some French. Got a response...and was 1hr early for my appt. No issues what so ever. All also add they were very good there about responding to a few emails that I sent them after I dropped the car off.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
nybimmerfan's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
I dropped in Nice. Made the appointment over email in English with some French. Got a response...and was 1hr early for my appt. No issues what so ever. All also add they were very good there about responding to a few emails that I sent them after I dropped the car off.
Were you able to converse in English with the personnel when you were there at their office or did you have to resort to Franglais?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
M54ccibo
Major
M54ccibo's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,446
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 M5 AW/SO
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

They absolutely spoke English, quite well in fact. Really nice people at the office. I was a bit worried but that was unfounded. I do find while in Europe, especially France, that trying to use the local language (hello, please, thank you, goodbye) goes a LONG way. Even over email. I can also back the fact that someone else posted either here or one of the other forums that the volume of BMWs going through Nice is on the rise, and as such they have at least one, if not two truck per week heading out. I dropped off on 9/17, and I'm scheduled to be on a ship leaving tonight. Took less than a week to get to Bremerhaven...so I am guessing no intermediary stops. At least 8 bimmers were there when I dropped.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
nybimmerfan's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
They absolutely spoke English, quite well in fact. Really nice people at the office. I was a bit worried but that was unfounded. I do find while in Europe, especially France, that trying to use the local language (hello, please, thank you, goodbye) goes a LONG way. Even over email. I can also back the fact that someone else posted either here or one of the other forums that the volume of BMWs going through Nice is on the rise, and as such they have at least one, if not two truck per week heading out. I dropped off on 9/17, and I'm scheduled to be on a ship leaving tonight. Took less than a week to get to Bremerhaven...so I am guessing no intermediary stops. At least 8 bimmers were there when I dropped.
Thanks for the info. I still have not received a response to the email I sent last week. I would think that since I wrote it in French that I would get a response right away. I don't know if it is because it is too early as I intend to drop off the car on 12th October and it is just 27 September. Per the drop off info, it states to call or email just 4 days prior to drop off.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
stealth.pilot's Avatar
United Kingdom
73
Rep
4,875
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

iTrader: (0)

It's always best to make an appointment just in case it is a day when they are going to be overloaded. However I have never heard of them ever turning anyone away.

I actually went in and did my paperwork 2 days before my drop off to ensure that it was no hassle when I dropped the car off and caught my flight. The day I went in was one day ahead of my reservation. I did email them though and they said come on in.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
cnicholson
Private First Class
2
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I think the Munich airport location is always staffed and is pretty flexible. I just showed up and it was no problem--- but reservation would have been better (I got caught up on the Lufthansa mess so had no chance to make reservation).

I think other locations might not be staffed all the time, because they stressed the necessity of making a reservation.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
surlynkid
Major
surlynkid's Avatar
10
Rep
1,049
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: League City, TX

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnicholson View Post
I think the Munich airport location is always staffed and is pretty flexible. I just showed up and it was no problem--- but reservation would have been better (I got caught up on the Lufthansa mess so had no chance to make reservation).

I think other locations might not be staffed all the time, because they stressed the necessity of making a reservation.

when i showed up early for munich airport dropoff, they were not there. i showed up 30 minutes early and they were gone. i think if they have no appointments, they may take off for an errand or something. they were back for my appt time though. i had a reservation and would not do it without one for fear of missing a flight.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
stealth.pilot's Avatar
United Kingdom
73
Rep
4,875
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
when i showed up early for munich airport dropoff, they were not there. i showed up 30 minutes early and they were gone. i think if they have no appointments, they may take off for an errand or something. they were back for my appt time though. i had a reservation and would not do it without one for fear of missing a flight.
When there is no one there they drive customers cars to the truck pick up point. So there is always something to do. The trucks don't pick up the car outside the office. They pick up the cars about half a mile away from the office in a much larger open lot where they store the vehicles until the truck picks them up.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST