M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #45
Bimmer6
Major
Bimmer6's Avatar
17
Rep
1,175
Posts

 
Drives: 991 GT3/F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Not sure what you consider significant? Also don't want to blow other deals as this board is monitored.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #46
cpiguy
Captain
cpiguy's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
619
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ok guys, I got a call offering me one lease payment for my inconvenience, and I said that you very much. They said, you'll recieve a check in a couple of weeks.

Thats it
__________________

CPIGUY
2010 M3 Coupe,2011 458 Italia
2014 911 Turbo S, 2014 X5 3.5
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #47
Rob///M5
Major
Rob///M5's Avatar
16
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
I got 1k off a new car delivery, which was delayed about 1 week at VPC...seems very reasonable compensation to me.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #48
ucla95
Striker
9
Rep
478
Posts

 
Drives: formerly F10 M5, now E63S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

WHO within BMWNA is making these offers? I haven't received one yet.

Last edited by ucla95; 10-17-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #49
AGS
Captain
AGS's Avatar
10
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
WHO within BMWNA is making these offers? I haven't received one yet.
+1
__________________
Current: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue F10 M5 (ED on 9/1/12), 2014 Anvil Willys Wheeler Jeep Wrangler (weekend toy)
Previous: 2009 Carbon Black E60 M5, 2006 Silverstone II E60 M5, 2003 Sterling Grey E39 M5, 2000 Anthracite E39 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #50
perez515
New Member
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

+1. I ordered my car in August and it was supposed to arrive around mid September. I got the call on Monday that my car is in (a month late) and, since I'm a first year law student, I can't take delivery until Saturday. I've seen several posts regarding compensation for owners that have already taken delivery and had to turn their cars back in or; owners who participated in ED.

Does anyone have a scenario similar to mine and been offered compensation? I wouldn't mind $1K discount for "inconvenience." However, I don't believe that BMWNA really owes me anything. Really, I feel my dealer should be the one doing the compensating. As the oil pump issue came about, I had to call them, instead of the other way around. A short while later, as I was upset...I asked them about another car that they had in their inventory. The car is/was listed on their website, ebay and autotrader as being for sale. The price was a little higher than the one I ordered. When I asked them about that car they said that it wasn't for sale, that was the CEO's demo, it wasn't for sale and I'd just have to wait. I have no delusions about the pros of being a sales manager or owning a dealership, but I still believe in the old "customer comes first" idea. Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I think that paying 6 figures for a car [yes I went there] should come with better customer service.
__________________
13 F10 M5 Space Gray/Black, Exec, B&O, 20's, 6M
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #51
Ak3249
Private First Class
Ak3249's Avatar
5
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F12 M6 Cab
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perez515 View Post
+1. I ordered my car in August and it was supposed to arrive around mid September. I got the call on Monday that my car is in (a month late) and, since I'm a first year law student, I can't take delivery until Saturday. I've seen several posts regarding compensation for owners that have already taken delivery and had to turn their cars back in or; owners who participated in ED.

Does anyone have a scenario similar to mine and been offered compensation? I wouldn't mind $1K discount for "inconvenience." However, I don't believe that BMWNA really owes me anything. Really, I feel my dealer should be the one doing the compensating. As the oil pump issue came about, I had to call them, instead of the other way around. A short while later, as I was upset...I asked them about another car that they had in their inventory. The car is/was listed on their website, ebay and autotrader as being for sale. The price was a little higher than the one I ordered. When I asked them about that car they said that it wasn't for sale, that was the CEO's demo, it wasn't for sale and I'd just have to wait. I have no delusions about the pros of being a sales manager or owning a dealership, but I still believe in the old "customer comes first" idea. Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I think that paying 6 figures for a car [yes I went there] should come with better customer service.
Same situation (literally). Everything you just said happened to me too. Except in in my second year of undergrad.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #52
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
PatrickC23's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,755
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3249 View Post
Same situation (literally). Everything you just said happened to me too. Except in in my second year of undergrad.
Second year of undergrad an in an M5 - nice!
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #53
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
1
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

WTF, I still don't have my car back yet (did an ED with a drop off in Munich on 9/3) and I haven't gotten any calls yet on compensation....BMW really needs to be consistent here and what gives....I at least want my car back!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
727jbh
Lieutenant
727jbh's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
586
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5 Moonstone
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
WHO within BMWNA is making these offers? I haven't received one yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
+1
I haven't received a call. I've had my car back for 10 days and no word from BMWNA. And was without it 18 days!
__________________
2013 M5 Moonstone Metallic
2011 550i Dark Graphite Metallic (sold)
2007 750Li Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
2004 745Li Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
2000 740i Titanium Silver Metallic (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #55
Bimmer6
Major
Bimmer6's Avatar
17
Rep
1,175
Posts

 
Drives: 991 GT3/F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727jbh View Post
I haven't received a call. I've had my car back for 10 days and no word from BMWNA. And was without it 18 days!
Did you not have a REP from BMWNA providing updates? My REP called me daily, and made all the calls to my dealer and the VDC. My car arrived in New Jersey 9/26 and was at the dealer on October 8th all repaired at the VDC. Good luck. I sent BMW an email thru the website, and I was called the next day, and I also called my ED REP that handled my order.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #56
jgarvish
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: '08 Cayman S & '13 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AUstin Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727jbh View Post
I haven't received a call. I've had my car back for 10 days and no word from BMWNA. And was without it 18 days!
I think if you actually believe you deserve compensation (and want to get it anytime soon) that you will need to call BMW NA yourself and not wait for calls from them. I have had many MANY conversations.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #57
racer10
Private First Class
2
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 550i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ohio

iTrader: (0)

Same here you need to call them and start the process now . Tell them how many days you have been without car and tell them what $ amount you think is fair given your payment situation .
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #58
Bimmer6
Major
Bimmer6's Avatar
17
Rep
1,175
Posts

 
Drives: 991 GT3/F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Bingo!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #59
727jbh
Lieutenant
727jbh's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
586
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5 Moonstone
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Did you not have a REP from BMWNA providing updates? My REP called me daily, and made all the calls to my dealer and the VDC. My car arrived in New Jersey 9/26 and was at the dealer on October 8th all repaired at the VDC. Good luck. I sent BMW an email thru the website, and I was called the next day, and I also called my ED REP that handled my order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarvish View Post
I think if you actually believe you deserve compensation (and want to get it anytime soon) that you will need to call BMW NA yourself and not wait for calls from them. I have had many MANY conversations.
I did receive a call from Ben at BMWNA on Oct 3rd to let me know the pumps were sent to the dealerships. I asked about compensation and he stated that compensation would be reviewed after the repair was completed on my car. I haven't tried calling yet, but will call as soon as I get home from work. Will let you know the outcome.

I'm surprised that BMWNA hasn't made the effort to contact each of us with a compensation offer. It's not like there are thousands of us, I believe there were under 500 of us with delivered M's. I could be wrong, but I thought that's what I read in a earlier thread. But anyway, even if it was 1500 of us, you could respond to everyone within a week. They notified everyone in one day of the recall.

I leased the M5 and wasn't able to use it for 18 days, if I rented a house for 3 years and the landlord asked me to move out for 18 days for renovation, don't you think some compensation would be due immediately?
__________________
2013 M5 Moonstone Metallic
2011 550i Dark Graphite Metallic (sold)
2007 750Li Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
2004 745Li Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
2000 740i Titanium Silver Metallic (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #60
Bimmer6
Major
Bimmer6's Avatar
17
Rep
1,175
Posts

 
Drives: 991 GT3/F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

I suggest you call them, and tell them to make an offer that is fair and go from there. Clearly all will not get offered the same because circumstances are different for all. It's a negotiation, and we all have to treat it as such. I think I said in another post there are on legal claims here unless the lemon law is breached. This is a billion dollar company, and they are not stupid trust me there. They will address each one on a case by case basis, and the best approach accept what you consider fair. This is no different than when we purchased our cars, and none of paid they same price(:

My pump was repaired, and I'm very satisfied, and will to continue to buy from BMW as the brand has always done right by me! Have they ticked me off ........sure but it was resolved with some give and take.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #61
Ak3249
Private First Class
Ak3249's Avatar
5
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F12 M6 Cab
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Second year of undergrad an in an M5 - nice!
Thank You, but I'm waiting on an M6 drop. Cant wait to finally take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #62
Vinsanity12
Private
Vinsanity12's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Anybody else receive some compensation. I was told by BMW NA to wait for a letter. I haven't gotten it yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #63
mcvaughan
Lieutenant
5
Rep
498
Posts

 
Drives: Silverstone F10 M5
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

No letter...
__________________
Matt
Akrapovič, iND, Xpel, Escort, Macht Schnell, Dinan, KW, AMS
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #64
cmhsam
Major
24
Rep
1,276
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Still waiting on letter as well
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #65
racer10
Private First Class
2
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 550i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity12 View Post
Anybody else receive some compensation. I was told by BMW NA to wait for a letter. I haven't gotten it yet.
I was told by BMW customer service on thursday ( last week) that letter is coming this week with goodwill gesture for M5 owners who went through oil pump recall.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #66
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
chillin4now's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
330
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 at Home
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Smocation

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer10 View Post
I was told by BMW customer service on thursday ( last week) that letter is coming this week with goodwill gesture for M5 owners who went through oil pump recall.
I am curious what criteria they will use to determine if you are or are not affected. I have still not received a phone call letting me know there is even a recall campaign.
__________________
Because; whats behind me doesnt matter.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST