BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > M5 Classifieds > Sponsors Classifieds

12-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
Don N.
Captain
Rep

Drives: BMW

Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - December 12th - 19th 2014

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations again between the dates of December 12th - 19th.

As a side note, I have had requests to do trips to other locations as well (IE east coast, etc). So if you are not local to me and would like to see if I am able to travel out to your state, PM or e-mail me and Iíll put you on my contact list for if do make it out there and for me to also be able to gauge interest.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...066&highlight=
2 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...389&highlight=
3 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...186&highlight=

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal December 2014 Trip
Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work, which I have separated into groups to more easily sort through and view them. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I have available at the moment (I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with how many openings I still have available):

Friday - December 12
Saturday - December 13
Sunday - December 14
Monday - December 15
Tuesday - December 16
Wednesday - December 17
Thursday - December 18
Friday - December 19

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Don N.
Captain
Rep

I have confirmed the shop location that I will be doing all of the vinyl installations for this trip up there. It is going to be at my friend’s detailing shop.

And for those who want to see how far away the location from them is, the address is:
765 Mabury rd
San Jose, ca 95133

Also, his website address is sitelerwash.com/DetailShop, for those who want need any detailing work done. Feel free to contact him and let him know that you got his contact info from Don and he’ll be able to help you out.

For this silver/grey BMW M3 E93 convertible I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum around the windows and rear convertible lid piece with my matte black vinyl material. We went with the matte black to match the mirror bases on the car. I think matte black goes well on medium toned colored cars like grey and silver.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
Don N.
Captain
Rep

For this white BMW 335i E92 coupe, I vinyl wrapped over the original factory chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the OEM factory sport package window trim look. This is a good alternative to those who didn’t get cars with the sport package or don’t want to spend the high costs of replacing the trim pieces with OEM pieces. The benefit of this is that it is also reversible if you ever wanted to go back to the chrome finish. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Don N.
Captain
Rep

It is not uncommon to have customers bring me by cars that have had clear coat or paint damage on them, for me to cover up with my vinyl materials. I have also wrapped over chrome window trim pieces that have oxidized from being out in the sun and exposed weather all the time as well.

The owner of this silver Nissan 350z was having clear coat failure/issues on his roof and wanted a fix that would cover up the ugly oxidizing paint and to also prevent it from spreading further. He had me vinyl wrap his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to giving the car a new look, it also is going to end up helping protect his roof from further sun damage, especially since this car is parked outside all of the time. It is a good quick and cheaper solution than having the roof repainted. Can be done within a hour, versus dropping your car off at a body shop for a few days to a week to get it painted.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #5
Don N.
Captain
Rep

Here's pictures of one of the cars that I did on one of my norcal vinyl wrapping trips up to the bay/San Jose area. I make these trips once or twice a year, depending on how my schedule is like down here in socal/orange county. The owner of this white BMW E92 335i coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material and also lightly tint/smoke his tail lights as well. He opted to not have the side roof rails wrapped, so these pictures will help those who were thinking about if they should get their rails wrapped or not.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Don N.
Captain
Rep

I have had a lot of people ask me if they should go with matte or gloss black when blacking out the chrome window trim on their cars. Here are some pictures of both on similar cars to give you guys an idea of how the differences are like and how they look.

Here is an example of matte black on the window trim:

Before:

After:

And here's an example of gloss black on the window trim:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
Don N.
Captain
Rep

I’ve worked on several cars for the owner of this white BMW 650i gran coupe sedan before. This time he brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the white portions of his roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to finish off and complete the gloss black roof look.

In addition to the roof, I also tinted/smoked the rear tail lights and the front head lights on this car. The film that I used is fairly light, and gives it an OEM+ type look, as if it could have came from the factory like this. In one of the pictures below, I took a picture of the tail lights with the lights on, with one side untinted/stock and the other side tinted/smoked, to give you an idea of how the light output is still with the film applied. You’ll see that even with the film, a the light coming through is still fairly bright.

Before:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side (lights on):

Stock passenger/right side - Tinted/smoked driver/left side:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Don N.
Captain
Rep

I still do have some various spots available throughout the week, however, my weekend appointments are fully booked right now.

My scheduling for this trip is a little bit trickier, due to the weather, however, I'll still be able to figure something out for those who are interested in getting some work done.

Also, for this trip, I have made some accommodations for those who can't drive their car out to me. So even if you don't think you have time to bring the car out to me, let me know anyways and maybe we'll be able to work something out.

Thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 02:09 AM   #9
Don N.
Captain
Rep

This is a long time customer of mine that has had me worked on several his past/previous cars. The owner of this X6M had me lightly tint the tail lights of his car with my light tint/smoke vinyl film. The lighting wasn't that great, but hopefully you guys can see the back to back comparisons between the before and after pictures. The owner of this car was located in Irvine/Orange County. I like this light tint film shade, because it gives the car a very OEM+ look and looks good on both a stock car or a modified car.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #10
Don N.
Captain
Rep

I have had a couple of people tell me that they aren't able to make it out during the weekdays and have been asking if I could do this Saturday, Dec 20th. If I can get enough interested people in getting some work done on Saturday Dec 20th, I can extend my stay a day to accommodate for those cars who are interested. Let me know.

I took a lot of pictures of this white BMW E90 335i sedan when I wrapped it. The owner of this car wanted me to wrap his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. I also did the top portion of his bumper where it meets with the splitter, to try and give it a continuous look. It was a bit overcast the day I did this car, so it's actually a bit hard to tell that the film was actually the gloss carbon finish and not the dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. The rear trunk spoiler is also real cf in addition to the front splitter, so you guys can sort of get an idea of how real cf and the carbon fiber material I am using compares up next to each other. The owner of tho car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0