M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
avi8tir
Second Lieutenant
 
avi8tir's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Oh.... my dilemna. Wait for F10 M5 LCI?

well.... I had told myself that I was going to wait for the LCI M5 that starts production in July... yep, that's what I told myself.

So, here I am... I have a 5 month old X5 M... did I mention that I hate the way SUV's and trucks ride? That's ok... I can trade in my fiance's Lexus RX350 if I buy the M5, right? and then give her the X5 M to drive for a couple of years....

Argh! what to do! Will I regret not waiting 10-12 months for the LCI?

I owned two E60 M5's back to back, so I know I'm going to love this car... THe E60 is my favorite car that Ive owned... who cares about LED headlights that will be on the LCI M5, right? Oh, wait, I have them on my X5 M and they are AMAZING!

thanks for listening to the inner struggle of my conscience.
avi8tir is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,170
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
well.... I had told myself that I was going to wait for the LCI M5 that starts production in July... yep, that's what I told myself.

So, here I am... I have a 5 month old X5 M... did I mention that I hate the way SUV's and trucks ride? That's ok... I can trade in my fiance's Lexus RX350 if I buy the M5, right? and then give her the X5 M to drive for a couple of years....

Argh! what to do! Will I regret not waiting 10-12 months for the LCI?

I owned two E60 M5's back to back, so I know I'm going to love this car... THe E60 is my favorite car that Ive owned... who cares about LED headlights that will be on the LCI M5, right? Oh, wait, I have them on my X5 M and they are AMAZING!

thanks for listening to the inner struggle of my conscience.
Dude, if I were you I'd hang on for a little longer. The best thing to wait and see for with the 2014 LCI M5 is if it will have side bolster adjustment buttons. They should release the details of the LCI 5-Series and the LCI M5 in about May of 2013. Then you can decide if you want to go ahead and get a 2013 or wait it out a little longer for the 2014 LCI M5. Besides the X5///M isn't that bad right?!
__________________

RPiM5 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
uhn2000
Big K...
 
uhn2000's Avatar
 
Drives: R8GT,F10M5,CayenneS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,614
iTrader: (0)

I just saw my ride at the dealer yesterday - I have no regrets of not waiting. The car is a beast a year is a dang long time! However, in your shoes its a toss up and really all about your personal prefrence. Honestly its an M5 - I don't think you can wrong either way.
__________________
R8GT Spyder (128/333) / M6 '14 / Cayenne S '12 (Baby mobile )
uhn2000 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
LCI's always drive me nuts, so I know your pain. With my e46 M3, I prayed nothing would change, and the LCI brought only replaceable changes in the form of LED tail lights. The other stuff which isnt physically distinguishable didnt bother me. With my C63, they drastically changed it with the LCI. New hood, lights diffuser and front bumper - looks like a whole new car. Thanks Mercedes, can't wait to trade in that shtbox tranny for the F10.

But reading up on this M5 LCI, it seems pretty minimal if anything at all. As of now, I believe nothing is confirmed for the M5 but just the regular F10. If there are changes, new headlamps (which were said to be retrofittable), squared off Angel Eyes, possibly a small character line in the front and perhaps turn signals in the side mirrors.

Im personally not waiting as I think these are minimal, changes. And Im in the camp that believes only lighting will be changed for the 2014 M5. I dont think they change out the whole front bumper to add a character line and do away with the turn signal in the side gill.

I will add though that u have a brand new X5M so you have the luxury to wait - so add this to the rich guy problems list.
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
avi8tir
Second Lieutenant
 
avi8tir's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dude, if I were you I'd hang on for a little longer. The best thing to wait and see for with the 2014 LCI M5 is if it will have side bolster adjustment buttons. They should release the details of the LCI 5-Series and the LCI M5 in about May of 2013. Then you can decide if you want to go ahead and get a 2013 or wait it out a little longer for the 2014 LCI M5. Besides the X5///M isn't that bad right?!
side bolsters arent a concern for me... I hated them in the E60....
avi8tir is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
side bolsters arent a concern for me... I hated them in the E60....
Im surprised these garner so much discussion. Are we talking about being able to tighten the seats up? How do the seats fit/feel w/o bolsters?
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
avi8tir
Second Lieutenant
 
avi8tir's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Im surprised these garner so much discussion. Are we talking about being able to tighten the seats up? How do the seats fit/feel w/o bolsters?
I assume its that and the active function where they hug you around corners. Im 6'3" 250+ so no need for the squeeze!
avi8tir is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
M54ccibo
Major
 
M54ccibo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 M5 AW/SO
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
I assume its that and the active function where they hug you around corners. Im 6'3" 250+ so no need for the squeeze!
Nope. The current North American F10 M5 does not have the adjustable bolsters! No active bolsters as there is no adjustment available.

IMHO, they would be nice to have. My smaller frame (5'11", 180) could use a bit more support on the sides but these seats seem to be a bit more supportive than the sport seats on the E60 M5.

Regarding the wait vs. acquire now question...I had a good friend tell me once that if you are even thinking about getting something now vs. the "bigger better version" buy now. You'll kick yourself waiting until July, when the LCI comes out and there is no material difference, and, in the meantime been missing out on the time you could have been driving the car. If there is a big change coming, you can still justify not having the changes since you did not have to wait 8 months
M54ccibo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,884
iTrader: (8)

There is always going to be something new each year for the generation... next year you will probably see more updates/upgrades for the 2015.

If I was to always wait for the latest and greatest Id still be waiting. And as mentioned the changes are minimal in nature. The biggest beef on this board is the side bolsters... which you dont care about anyways.

You might as well get the car right now as December is BMW's biggest push and deals are out there.
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
 
koxal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
you will regret every minute you are losing here
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
koxal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
you will regret every minute you are losing here
Where r u in NNJ? Just curious.
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
 
koxal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Where r u in NNJ? Just curious.
Edgewater
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
koxal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
racer10
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 550i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ohio

Posts: 129
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
side bolsters arent a concern for me... I hated them in the E60....
If side bolsters are not a concern (which I think is the best reason to wait for a 2014 MY spec) then given that there are nearly 500 2013 M5's sitting in showrooms now I would think you can find a good deal now . If you wait till the early part of next year than you will lose some leverage IMO. Reason being that dealers will want to be "paid" for giving you a car you can drive in the spring. If not a good deal now than I would wait. Why pay what everyone else paid for a 2013 and not be an early buyer.
racer10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
 
koxal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer10 View Post
If side bolsters are not a concern (which I think is the best reason to wait for a 2014 MY spec) then given that there are nearly 500 2013 M5's sitting in showrooms now I would think you can find a good deal now . If you wait till the early part of next year than you will lose some leverage IMO. Reason being that dealers will want to be "paid" for giving you a car you can drive in the spring. If not a good deal now than I would wait. Why pay what everyone else paid for a 2013 and not be an early buyer.
how did you get the number of cars that are sitting at the dealers?
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
koxal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,170
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
how did you get the number of cars that are sitting at the dealers?
A quick look at Autotrader and Cars.com can you a good rough estimate of how many greedy dealership there are that have F10 M5's eating into their overhead. :P
__________________

RPiM5 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
 
koxal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
A quick look at Autotrader and Cars.com can you a good rough estimate of how many greedy dealership there are that have F10 M5's eating into their overhead. :P
makes sense

cars.com show 467 right now
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
koxal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East USA

Posts: 4,683
iTrader: (0)

Interesting sig Dave.

I had the same feeling until I decided to set the M5 loose on Sunday. It is the same car, and I have to say - it is more exciting driving in the US if you have the cojones and of course the stealth gear.

Autotrader says 494 M5s for sale in the US. Although this number may be exaggerated. I know many dealers place a listing to drag bozos into the showroom to take an order.

This said if you want a vehicle with a more disciplined supply curve - check out the Tesla S. not a single car for sale new or used, dealer or private, on Autotrader.
__________________
2014 ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,170
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Interesting sig Dave.

I had the same feeling until I decided to set the M5 loose on Sunday. It is the same car, and I have to say - it is more exciting driving in the US if you have the cojones and of course the stealth gear.

Autotrader says 494 M5s for sale in the US. Although this number may be exaggerated. I know many dealers place a listing to drag bozos into the showroom to take an order.

This said if you want a vehicle with a more disciplined supply curve - check out the Tesla S. not a single car for sale new or used, dealer or private, on Autotrader.
Yeah I put that signature because I feel like the experience is different given the different environments, however the more I drive the beast here and the more I return to my old driving style, I am enjoying the M5 more and more.

As for Tesla, yes this is the reason why I keep buying more and more stock in them. Hehehehehe!
__________________

RPiM5 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #19
avi8tir
Second Lieutenant
 
avi8tir's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

About to walk into the finance office to sign the papers.

Couldn't resist!
avi8tir is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
mcvaughan
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Silverstone F10 M5
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 424
iTrader: (0)

Alright now! What color and dealership?
__________________
Matt
Akrapovič Evolution exhaust, iND cosmetics, Xpel clear bra, Escort 9500ci radar, Macht Schnell spacers, Dinan wheels, Dinan sway bars, KW V3 coilovers
mcvaughan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,170
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
About to walk into the finance office to sign the papers.

Couldn't resist!
Damn dude! Nice! You won't be disappointed.
__________________

RPiM5 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #22
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
 
koxal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
About to walk into the finance office to sign the papers.

Couldn't resist!
how much discount did u get?

congrats...!!
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
koxal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST