M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
aculeg87
Captain
aculeg87's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: M4 & 991S- GT3 being built
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Monte Carlo Blue pics...More pics in the future

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Love this color...especially when the sun hits it.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Rohardi
Lieutenant
5
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Stunning!!! I'm tossed between MCB and SG. I wonder how These colors will look in the winter with salt and sand covering the cars in the North East. I feel like the Blue may be a color that is better suited for areas that are sunny year round and not gray half the year. Also, How have the OEM tires been in the cold so far?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
hsiaochinsan
Major
hsiaochinsan's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
1,185
Posts

 
Drives: 14' 911 C4S / 1999 E36 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SF Bay Area/Cupertino

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via MSN to hsiaochinsan
Looking good. Love the matching caliper color.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
uhn2000
Big K...
uhn2000's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
1,633
Posts

 
Drives: FerrariFF
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Stunning, wish I had the gujungs to order the blue!!
__________________
Prancing horse..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
aculeg87
Captain
aculeg87's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: M4 & 991S- GT3 being built
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
Stunning!!! I'm tossed between MCB and SG. I wonder how These colors will look in the winter with salt and sand covering the cars in the North East. I feel like the Blue may be a color that is better suited for areas that are sunny year round and not gray half the year. Also, How have the OEM tires been in the cold so far?
Thank you. SG is beautiful (I haven't had the privilege of seeing it in person, but some of the pics I've seen have impressed me) but it will most certainly show Salt a lot. The blue is pretty good thus far in hiding the salt dust.

The tires...Put it this way, I can't wait till June so I can actually feel how fast this car is. I have been cautious with the car, but those tires are useless in the cold temps (as they should be). I was on the highway the other day and it was 48 degrees. I downshifted into 3rd at 65 mph and floored it...The tires broke loose. Right then I knew I had to have a little more respect for the beast this winter. So it's a bit disconcerting our turbo setups are running optimal but we can't put the power down.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Rohardi
Lieutenant
5
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Do you think there would be a huge difference in traction from 48 degrees to say 60 degrees? A 12 degree difference? I'm debating Keeping the stock tires and getting a 4X4 for the snowy days... I'm wondering if I will have major issues with the stock tires in the cold but dry conditions.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
aculeg87
Captain
aculeg87's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: M4 & 991S- GT3 being built
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
Do you think there would be a huge difference in traction from 48 degrees to say 60 degrees? A 12 degree difference? I'm debating Keeping the stock tires and getting a 4X4 for the snowy days... I'm wondering if I will have major issues with the stock tires in the cold but dry conditions.
No I don't. That 12 degree difference is not going to suffice to get the compound sticky. I am certain there are others in forum that are much more knowledgeable than I but I am willing to bet there is not much you can do to combat cold road and tire temps Vs. the HP & torque of this monster. I believe it's all in the compound in the tire, but still even with snows your just gonna roast them fast IMO. If I was you I would get a 4x4 more snowy days and when you drive your M, just respect it. There will be plenty of time May to Sept to drive the car like it was meant to be driven. I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
Rohardi
Lieutenant
5
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
No I don't. That 12 degree difference is not going to suffice to get the compound sticky. I am certain there are others in forum that are much more knowledgeable than I but I am willing to bet there is not much you can do to combat cold road and tire temps Vs. the HP & torque of this monster. I believe it's all in the compound in the tire, but still even with snows your just gonna roast them fast IMO. If I was you I would get a 4x4 more snowy days and when you drive your M, just respect it. There will be plenty of time May to Sept to drive the car like it was meant to be driven. I hope this helps.
That's what I'm leaning towards. Just take it easy in the dry conditions with the Summers, and drive something else in the really bad weather. Are there adequate winter/all season tires that fit the OEM 20s? That may be worth looking in to as well...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #9
cairo
New Member
Canada
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta / British Columbia

iTrader: (0)

Great color choice... had a hard time this and SG
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #10
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
wisesoul's Avatar
Philippines
27
Rep
1,685
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (0)

MCB has been my favorite color for the M5, but I settled for AW. You are making me regret it
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
PappSchlumpf
Private
0
Rep
90
Posts

 
Drives: M5 F10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Luxembourg

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
Stunning!!! I'm tossed between MCB and SG. I wonder how These colors will look in the winter with salt and sand covering the cars in the North East. I feel like the Blue may be a color that is better suited for areas that are sunny year round and not gray half the year. Also, How have the OEM tires been in the cold so far?
I have the same color and I live in Luxembourg, half of the year it's gray here.. rain and mud are frequent. I don't regret it, car looks awesome anyways... Now, OEM tires forget it... It is snowing already here and cars won't make it with OEM tires... I got the Winter kit mounted directly at Niederlassung on pickup.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poleposition's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: very well
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
Are there adequate winter/all season tires that fit the OEM 20s? That may be worth looking in to as well...
I wish there were but sadly, there arent as of yet. Hopefully there will be.
__________________
20135
21" DPE Super Concave, Meisterschaft GTC w/LXR midpipes, BMC filters, Charcoal delete, H&R springs, IND cosmetic pkg, M-Performance Spoiler, Wrapped roof, Hardwired V1, Coded
2013 X6 50i MSport

2008 SmartCar - 2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
aculeg87
Captain
aculeg87's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: M4 & 991S- GT3 being built
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
Are there adequate winter/all season tires that fit the OEM 20s? That may be worth looking in to as well...
Yea, I don't think so either. You would probably be throwing your money away. Like I said, there is not much you can do to combat cold temps and salt on the roads.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
the infamous...'s Avatar
United_States
434
Rep
17,533
Posts

 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

she's a beaut, congrats!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST