M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
m0v30v3r
New Member
0

 
Drives: my wife crazy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Need help configuring a new f10

Guys im about to order a new f10 and im stuck in picking interior color.

Exterior: Sakhir Orange
I love sakhir ornage for the interior as well but don't want to clash with the exterior and don't really want black since most my cars are black inside. I want something different.

Any pics out there with sakhir orange on sakhir orange?

Any thought is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
hinckley
Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
hinckley's Avatar
 
Drives: MY13 M5 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boston, MA USA


Posts: 427
iTrader: (0)

I think the ONLY interior for Sakhir is black especially if you're going for the full leather package. There's a lot of orange in there with full leather. Black adds the right amount of contrast and sportiness to a great exterior color choice.
__________________
Current - 2014 911 C4S Cab 7MT | 2012 S4 6MT
Ordered - 2015 911 C4S Cab 7MT
Retired - 2013 F10 M5 6MT | 2008 E60 550i 6MT | 2004 E60 545i 6MT | 1998 E39 540i 6MT | 1994 E34 530i 5MT | 1984 E28 528e 5MT | 2008 911 Targa 4S 6MT | 2000 911 Targa 4S 6MT | and many more . . .
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
London Mike
New Member
0

 
Drives: M5 - 2010 - last of the V10's
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK


Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r View Post
Guys im about to order a new f10 and im stuck in picking interior color.

Exterior: Sakhir Orange
I love sakhir ornage for the interior as well but don't want to clash with the exterior and don't really want black since most my cars are black inside. I want something different.

Any pics out there with sakhir orange on sakhir orange?

Any thought is much appreciated.
That's spooky, I am in EXACTLY the same situation, exactly. I always end up with full extended black leather and was trying to get away from that but I agree that it's the only colour that I think would go as an interior colour

Have a look here for Sakhir/Sakhir, if you are lucky it might even be close to you...


The only possible solution I have come up with is going for full black leather with Sakhir stitching, below is an M3 with something similar

Like you I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this situation...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
star21
Enlisted Member
0

 
star21's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 en route
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: M-Town


Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

You should do a search on the forum. There are quite a bit of owners I've noticed that have went with the Sakhir Orange interior (so it might not be as an exclusive color as you might think). Personally the color is not for me but to each their own.

You might want to start with the Official F10 M5 INTERIOR Photo Thread and then move on to the Official F10 M5 Color Photo Thread to give you an idea of the color combos.

If you've got more time, you can search the Auto Gespot Website for European M5 sightings. They usually list some interior shots of various colors.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
m0v30v3r
New Member
0

 
Drives: my wife crazy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star21 View Post
You should do a search on the forum. There are quite a bit of owners I've noticed that have went with the Sakhir Orange interior (so it might not be as an exclusive color as you might think). Personally the color is not for me but to each their own.

You might want to start with the Official F10 M5 INTERIOR Photo Thread and then move on to the Official F10 M5 Color Photo Thread to give you an idea of the color combos.

If you've got more time, you can search the Auto Gespot Website for European M5 sightings. They usually list some interior shots of various colors.
I did search the forum and web but there is not much with the sakhir orange on sakhir orange. And wanted to see what other members think about this combo. I personally like to be a little different.

Another option would be Sakhir Orange with Silverstone full leather, anyone?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Rob///M5
Major
16

 
Rob///M5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego


Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Silverstone interior and Sakhir exterior FTW.

There are pics of this combo in a M6 vert on this board.

I love SS leather
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
m0v30v3r
New Member
0

 
Drives: my wife crazy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Silverstone interior and Sakhir exterior FTW.

There are pics of this combo in a M6 vert on this board.

I love SS leather
Found this
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
Rob///M5
Major
16

 
Rob///M5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego


Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r

Found this
Yep, that's the one. Great contrast IMO.

I've seen SO with SO interior in person and for me it's way too much orange. Doesn't look classy at all...but depending on what look you're going for...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
39

 
jphughan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 3,438
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Mike View Post
The only possible solution I have come up with is going for full black leather with Sakhir stitching, below is an M3 with something similar
I like this idea, gives continuity between interior and exterior and just a little bit of a flair color without making it too flashy. But of course you still have a primarily black interior, which the OP seems to want to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r View Post
Another option would be Sakhir Orange with Silverstone full leather, anyone?
I got to see Silverstone in person and LOVE it. It's silver but has this ice blue tone to it that makes it really pop rather than being another typical silver interior -- in fact it's similar to the Silverstone paint color, except without the green undertone. If I were buying it though, I'd do more research into how tough it is to maintain, and I've never seen it with Sakhir, though the M6 vert pic suggests it might work well.

I think with a Sakhir exterior I'd still prefer a black interior, but I'd DEFINITELY prefer a silver interior over a Sakhir interior. Orange on orange just seems not only one-note, but one very loud note. Even in the video of this combo above, I think orange inside and out makes them somehow cancel each other's boldness out. You can only have a max of one stand-out color if you actually want it to stand out IMHO.
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Yoko AD08 R | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder

Last edited by jphughan; 12-17-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
ucla95
Striker
8

 
Drives: formerly F10 M5, E63S on order
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

After living with the car and having seen many of the colors in person in Munich (including a bunch of frozen colors). If I ordered again it would be:
Sakhir Orange exterior
Black regular leather interior
aluminum trim
Head up Display
BMW Apps

and that's really it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
United Kingdom
72

 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead


Posts: 4,831
iTrader: (0)

I think Sakhir with Sakhir interior looks fantastic.

However if you want a different color, then I would recommend Champagne. Champagne pairs really well with Sakhir. Champagne is similar to the color of leather you normally see in red Ferraris. It is a butter like color.



Also if you go champagne, get full champagne. It costs $1875 more than extended champagne, but it much nicer to not have a plastic dash.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
Bokke
Captain
United_States
27

 
Bokke's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 958
iTrader: (0)

My dealer screwed up my original order and I did not figure it out until after it was in production but there is a Sakhir Orange / Silk Gray and matching alcantara headliner somewhere in the U.S.

My dealer was not willing to take the risk of me not taking delivery so they gave up the allocation and gave me the next production slot. I was not willing to wait and then get a much later production - no patience!

I have not been able to locate the car but it is out there somewhere.
__________________
Garage:
09 E90 ///M3 SS | Black | Modded
13 Cayenne GTS Carmine Red
13 F10 ///M5 SO | Black | Modded
15 F82 ///M4 SS | SO | CCB's | Loaded
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
Rob///M5
Major
16

 
Rob///M5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego


Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke
My dealer screwed up my original order and I did not figure it out until after it was in production but there is a Sakhir Orange / Silk Gray and matching alcantara headliner somewhere in the U.S.

My dealer was not willing to take the risk of me not taking delivery so they gave up the allocation and gave me the next production slot. I was not willing to wait and then get a much later production - no patience!

I have not been able to locate the car but it is out there somewhere.
Silk grey is ok, but you pay 5k for it and don't even get a leather dash. So lame and odd how BMW did that with the individual leather option.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
Bokke
Captain
United_States
27

 
Bokke's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 958
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Silk grey is ok, but you pay 5k for it and don't even get a leather dash. So lame and odd how BMW did that with the individual leather option.
I couldn't agree more!
__________________
Garage:
09 E90 ///M3 SS | Black | Modded
13 Cayenne GTS Carmine Red
13 F10 ///M5 SO | Black | Modded
15 F82 ///M4 SS | SO | CCB's | Loaded
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
m0v30v3r
New Member
0

 
Drives: my wife crazy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Silk grey is ok, but you pay 5k for it and don't even get a leather dash. So lame and odd how BMW did that with the individual leather option.
That is why I only listed Sakhir Orange and Silverstone. Its very strange...you get more leather for $3500 than with $5000

Anyway I located one with full black merino on sakhir orange exterior
exec pack, drivers ass. pack, b & g, 20" rims MSRP 107,995

What would be the right price to offer? btw its sitting on the showroom floor
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Rob///M5
Major
16

 
Rob///M5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego


Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Silk grey is ok, but you pay 5k for it and don't even get a leather dash. So lame and odd how BMW did that with the individual leather option.
That is why I only listed Sakhir Orange and Silverstone. Its very strange...you get more leather for $3500 than with $5000

Anyway I located one with full black merino on sakhir orange exterior
exec pack, drivers ass. pack, b & g, 20" rims MSRP 107,995

What would be the right price to offer? btw its sitting on the showroom floor
That's the perfect build (exact same as my sticker price). They should move a minimum of 2-3k on price.

Also, don't forget holiday discount, CCA membership(?), loyalty discount(?), etc on top of that.

Go for it dude, that's a hell of a ride
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #17
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
6

 
Used2be's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 SpaceGray/SO
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan, USA


Posts: 515
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r View Post
What would be the right price to offer? btw its sitting on the showroom floor
My dealer gave me a 5.5% discount on a custom build, with minimal options, take it or leave it right from the start, and I took it. Better than I got from other dealers and I liked the no bullshit approach. It all depends on what they think the market will bear at the moment and if there is much interest. With more of those extra cost options I'd think the dealer has more room to wiggle, price wise. Oh, and they did throw in the $2,000 holiday discount as well since it will arrive before the New Year! Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
MCM5
Second Lieutenant
3

 
MCM5's Avatar
 
Drives: MCB F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hong Kong


Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I think the ONLY interior for Sakhir is black especially if you're going for the full leather package. There's a lot of orange in there with full leather. Black adds the right amount of contrast and sportiness to a great exterior color choice.
+1
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST