M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Yesterday, 10:33 AM   #1
RPiM5
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Decided to get up super early this morning and go for the last drive of 2014. Didn't take any camera equipment with me as this was just all about the drive. I did take a quick snap with the iPhone6 though.

I went out to the hills of Western Maryland, where the highways is pretty open and then hit up some back roads that I know. Damn, it was good to get out there and let Mika stretch her legs and let her exhaust sing. Hit the limiter a couple of times and was able to take some high G turns. Incredible. I'm on the Michelin Pilot Alpin's now and the front tires did fantastic, grip was nearly the damn same as the PSS's, even though I'm only running 245's on the fronts. The rears were a different story. Mika is making too much damn torque. DSC light was flashing all over the place, even though I managed to fit the 295 Pilot Alpin's on the rears.

Leaving the city area I encountered the obligatory jackasses in Nissan Altimas trying to pass me on the right doing 100mph. I'm not joking either. Once I got to the country side it was awesome. I did encounter one guy in C6 Vette (Not a Z06). Who was tailgating me even though I was doing 95 in the left lane. I decided to play with him since we were the only ones out there pretty much. I moved over to the right lane and downshifted, while I could tell he was accelerating to pass me. Entered 3rd gear, floored it, into 4th gear, and I was gone. I let off, let the Vette catch up and look on that dudes face was priceless. I let him get ahead and he thought he could lose me in the long sweeping turns. Wrong again. I finally let him go when I decided to stop to take a quick picture. They just never learn do they? Lol! I really need to run into a new C7 Vette Z06, see what that thing can do. Lol!

Also gas is hella cheap right now. Only cost me $45 bucks to fill up this morning.

Get out there and drive hard my friends, the year is almost over!
Attached Images

Yesterday, 10:56 AM   #2
M6-Coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Dave, as I have told you several times, you are one of the "really car lover" person in this forum and the way you enjoy your beautiful Mika is fantastic. You have a nice sense of writing and describing your joy. Man you encourage people to drive their car the way it's supposed to be driven ...I'm gonna leave country for 2 weeks starting tomorrow! After reading your post, I think I have to go for my last 2014 drive... ya I have to go and that's what I'm going to do right now
      Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #3
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Drives: M5 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Also has is hella cheap right now. Only cost me $45 bucks to fill up this morning.
And I thought equivalent to $145 was cheap the other day!

Great to read that the staggered winter setup is working - I wonder how this is compared with square setup. We're still above 7 dec C so the PSS are working OK.

If it get's colder and as long as it doesn't snow, I may just go for a winter setup this year!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #4
RPiM5
Brigadier General
Rep

Man I typed up this post on my iphone and there's so many typos. Lol!

Yeah, I'm goin on Vaycay, or Holiday, starting tomorrow, so I won't be able to drive the M5 for a couple weeks.

It was great to get out this morning though. Unfortunately every time I did get out for a good drive like this, I am reminded how horrible American drivers are and I just want smack all of them. Sigh.

Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #5
boots
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Glad you finally got a chance to catch some wind.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #6
bruza
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '11 E90 M3 + '06 Volvo S60 R

I enjoy your threads as well. Funny story about the Corvette driver.

Random question: Saw you had a Black M5 before. Is that a wrap or did you trade up?

2015 M5 Imperial Blue/ Individual Amaro Brown/ Individual Piano Black Trim/ Executive Package/ 20" 343 Wheels --> 12/1/14 ED Pickup
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #7
zonka81
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Unfortunately every time I did get out for a good drive like this, I am reminded how horrible American drivers are and I just want smack all of them. Sigh.

I will agree with you, American drivers are horrible. I was driving our 2012 535i GT up near our cabin in northern Minnesota where a 5 series GT doesn't go unnoticed (we have people take pictures in parking lots). Was driving on one lane highway and a pickup was tailgating me (was doing 5 over). The highway went to a two lane highway for about half a mile. I moved to the right lane to let the pickup pass, but she (yes female driver, about 45) kept tailgating me in the left lane. We were about 500 feet in front of the merge sign when she cut over and slowly started to pass. The lanes merged and I had to slam on the brakes and had the swerve onto the shoulder to avoid a sideswipe. When I pulled up next to her at a light a few miles down the road, she flipped me the bird

Me: 2003 Saab 9-3
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #8
pookie1
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2005 Mercedes c240 Wagon

That is one bad ride! Love the colour too!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #9
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep

Drives: 2012 CP SG E92; 2015 Blk X5 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonka81 View Post
... When I pulled up next to her at a light a few miles down the road, she flipped me the bird
I think the answer lies in her tooth to tattoo ratio.
      Today, 12:28 AM   #10
tfa372
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 550i, 2014 Ninja 300

Mika's color is a wrap right? I thought I saw some video of an M5 getting a wrap job the exact same color and it was even called the same thing...

2011 BMW 550i F10 "Barry Jr."- Build Log
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:05 AM   #11
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 X5 & '14 M5

Quote:
I will agree with you, American drivers are horrible. I was driving our 2012 535i GT up near our cabin in northern Minnesota where a 5 series GT doesn't go unnoticed (we have people take pictures in parking lots). Was driving on one lane highway and a pickup was tailgating me (was doing 5 over). The highway went to a two lane highway for about half a mile. I moved to the right lane to let the pickup pass, but she (yes female driver, about 45) kept tailgating me in the left lane. We were about 500 feet in front of the merge sign when she cut over and slowly started to pass. The lanes merged and I had to slam on the brakes and had the swerve onto the shoulder to avoid a sideswipe. When I pulled up next to her at a light a few miles down the road, she flipped me the bird
For the most part, Americans are shitty drivers with little respect for the act and art of driving. Shameful.
      Today, 06:31 AM   #12
RPiM5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfa372
Mika's color is a wrap right? I thought I saw some video of an M5 getting a wrap job the exact same color and it was even called the same thing...
Yes it's the same car. Lol!
      Today, 06:36 AM   #13
RPiM5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3
Quote:
For the most part, Americans are shitty drivers with little respect for the act and art of driving. Shameful.
That's just it. American drivers have NO shame when it comes to their antics on the road. Meet them in person though and they are the nicest people in the world usually. They have no concept that driving can be an art. There was this dude in an old Acura TL yesterday, did the same thing. Tailgating me like crazy. He had no respect for me or my type of car. I punched it to 130 just to get away and ahead of him then slow back down to 90. He must have been doing over 100, just to catch back up to me and then he flips me the bird. Of course he can't see me, because my windows are pretty tinted, but still. What a jerk.
      Today, 06:37 AM   #14
RPiM5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruza
I enjoy your threads as well. Funny story about the Corvette driver.

Random question: Saw you had a Black M5 before. Is that a wrap or did you trade up?
Yes I wrapped it. You missed the thread when I unveiled her to the public. Lol!
      Today, 07:12 AM   #15
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Drives: M5 Competition Package

Not sure that American drivers are all that bad; most likely similar to UK with the majority of drivers drive to a high standard, leaving a minority who either lack knowledge or intentionally drive without due care/respect towards others. I stand to be corrected.

Plenty of countries where even minor impacts are deemed acceptable. And others where worse can occur...
Appreciate 0