M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #23
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
 
LAKEOM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Oswego, Oregon

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Insure it and total it.
LAKEOM5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #24
smashhell
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 460
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar
I think your numbers are incorrect smash, 85k euros=113,177 US$ so if he sold it for 55k euros that means he got 73,232 U.S.$. Which is 39,945$ US after driving 7k miles.

I think he was smoking the dope...
It's not euro.
He lives in UK, so it's pounds he is talking about.
So he did lost $48k after 7k miles.
I think he must have been high too.
__________________
2011 535i Alpine White, Oyster on black interior, Premium 1 & 2 Package, Magnaflow Full Cat-Back Exhaust, JB4 Stage 2
smashhell is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #25
greentrbo95gst
Lieutenant Colonel
 
greentrbo95gst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black M5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orange County

Posts: 1,570
iTrader: (1)

Congrats on the job and what kind of car did you negotiate as a company car?
__________________
2013 M5 Azurite Black.....May 10th 2013 ED 11.38@127.3mph
Sponsored by www.dtmhaus.net
2008 Saphire Black M5/2003 BMW M5 (My favorite)
2011 Lemans Blue 335d M/2001 AA supercharged 325ci
BMW CCA Member # 478042
greentrbo95gst is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #26
uhn2000
Big K...
 
uhn2000's Avatar
 
Drives: R8GT,F10M5,CayenneS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Congrats on the job and what kind of car did you negotiate as a company car?
Hehehe - I negotiated an equal value to the M5 and it all depends on timing and location. I will be traveling within the middle east a lot so not sure where home base will be for the 1st little while.
__________________
R8GT Spyder '12 / M5 '13 (MT) / Cayenne S '12 (Baby mobile )
uhn2000 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #27
AM47
Driver
 
Drives: M5,X5M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Hehehe - I negotiated an equal value to the M5 and it all depends on timing and location. I will be traveling within the middle east a lot so not sure where home base will be for the 1st little while.
I would suggest the Marauder if you are travelling in the Middle East alot and no immediate home base. It's a bit more than an M5 though........

AM47 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
secretariat
Private
 
Drives: F80 M3 Awaiting production
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Can you get the maurader in Alpine white?
secretariat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
AM47
Driver
 
Drives: M5,X5M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Can you get the maurader in Alpine white?
I have seen it in Red so i would think so........
AM47 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #30
uhn2000
Big K...
 
uhn2000's Avatar
 
Drives: R8GT,F10M5,CayenneS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (0)

Well its up now.. f'n killing me to do this.. take care all and if you know anyone interested pass it along. Happy to consider offers as there is not ONE 2013 for sale on the used market in all of Ontario and they are allocating builds out into April now. Think I can maintain some value and not take a complete blood bath.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...4#post13355194
__________________
R8GT Spyder '12 / M5 '13 (MT) / Cayenne S '12 (Baby mobile )
uhn2000 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #31
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
 
LAKEOM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Oswego, Oregon

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Go to the worst part of town, leave it running and walk away. Solved.
LAKEOM5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #32
Wolf
Captain
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Drives: on hold
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 717
iTrader: (0)

OP... If you are ever in Lebanon, contact me BTW you are gonna be amazed how cheap gas is in the gulf area... just not where I live lol. UAE and Qatar are amazing countries you are gonna enjoy them while KSA is a little boring depending on where you are gonna stay. Good luck with selling the car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Wolf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #33
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,452
iTrader: (0)

asking price is in Cdn $ ... it's worth more than US $ (at least for now)



Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Well its up now.. f'n killing me to do this.. take care all and if you know anyone interested pass it along. Happy to consider offers as there is not ONE 2013 for sale on the used market in all of Ontario and they are allocating builds out into April now. Think I can maintain some value and not take a complete blood bath.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...4#post13355194
bobblehead is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #34
singularity
Driver
 
singularity's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 (F10)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slovakia

Posts: 638
iTrader: (0)

op: General rule in Europe and Middle East is that as soon as you drive the car from dealership you lose -20% of the price and -5% every 1 year you've had the car.
singularity is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #35
stealth.pilot
Brigadier General
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East USA

Posts: 4,374
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity
op: General rule in Europe and Middle East is that as soon as you drive the car from dealership you lose -20% of the price and -5% every 1 year you've had the car.
Depreciation curves are different country to country.

In the US the sharpest depreciation hits are end of year 3 (because lease end means a glut of 3 year old used cars) and end of year 4 (warranty expiry).
__________________
2014 ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance tips, Dinan anti-roll bars
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #36
jamie
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario/Marco Island, Fl.

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

You'll be lucky to get $90k. I tried to sell my black, black loaded smg car at circa 1k kms. Couldn't get offers above $85k.

That tranny really limits your resale audience.
__________________
2012 M5
2011 997TT S Cab
2010 335i Cab
2003 e39 M5
2004 Carrera GT
jamie is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #37
uhn2000
Big K...
 
uhn2000's Avatar
 
Drives: R8GT,F10M5,CayenneS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (0)

Nice day here so got to drive it finally - man what an amazing car! So much tech, power, everything! Really hard to sell... this might be a keeper. I have no idea what on the market comes even close!
__________________
R8GT Spyder '12 / M5 '13 (MT) / Cayenne S '12 (Baby mobile )
uhn2000 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #38
py0413
Major
 
py0413's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M5
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC

Posts: 1,151
iTrader: (2)

OP, good luck on the business side. Hope it all go well with you and your family.

Dealers in Canada are all screwed up. They want extreme profit for high end performance cars. It's be better if you try to do it through a private sale. My '12 911 was offered $75k when I asked about trading it in for the M5 I had to have some brain damages to do that so I declined the offer. Nothing goes for less than $90k in the current market and they were simply telling me because they can't make enough money on selling a M5,they want to max it on the trade I brought. I know Canadian black book is for reference but $15k below they printed number is just unacceptable.
__________________
Must stop eating..............
py0413 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 02:15 AM   #39
mainly
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 M5 imperial blue
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton alberta, canada.

Posts: 424
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM5 View Post
I swapped my March 2012 one with 7000 miles two months ago against a new SL500. Paid 85k new for the M5 and best I could get was 55k. Merc dealer passed it over to BMW who marketed it for 60k. I also offered it back to Park Lane as a straight buy back and they offered the same 55k. I cant see many people buying one of these cars privately and I wouldn't fancy the risk of selling it that way either. So brace yourself for a big hit and just make sure you go on a few great drives before you hand it over! Good luck and congrats on the job!
hmm, what made you take the SL 500 over the m5?

i could see an SL 63, but SL 500?
mainly is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #40
uhn2000
Big K...
 
uhn2000's Avatar
 
Drives: R8GT,F10M5,CayenneS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
OP, good luck on the business side. Hope it all go well with you and your family.

Dealers in Canada are all screwed up. They want extreme profit for high end performance cars. It's be better if you try to do it through a private sale. My '12 911 was offered $75k when I asked about trading it in for the M5 I had to have some brain damages to do that so I declined the offer. Nothing goes for less than $90k in the current market and they were simply telling me because they can't make enough money on selling a M5,they want to max it on the trade I brought. I know Canadian black book is for reference but $15k below they printed number is just unacceptable.
Agreed - unfortunately I think all dealers are in it to win! I think a major advantage to trading it in might be for the potential tax savings. Private is best but I can see how some of us just don't want to deal with the hassle of posting and entertaining offers etc.
__________________
R8GT Spyder '12 / M5 '13 (MT) / Cayenne S '12 (Baby mobile )
uhn2000 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #41
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Agreed - unfortunately I think all dealers are in it to win! I think a major advantage to trading it in might be for the potential tax savings. Private is best but I can see how some of us just don't want to deal with the hassle of posting and entertaining offers etc.
The tax benefit is only beneficial if your buying or lesson another car from the dealer...so it won't help in your case..

Can't believe your selling it... You were so excited for it!
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #42
uhn2000
Big K...
 
uhn2000's Avatar
 
Drives: R8GT,F10M5,CayenneS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
The tax benefit is only beneficial if your buying or lesson another car from the dealer...so it won't help in your case..

Can't believe your selling it... You were so excited for it!
Well I actually got a solid offer but couldn't find a way to let it go. I might be back in Canada full time in a year or so and figure the depreciation hit won't be much more then it is now. Drove it last night for a few kms - amazing car! Going to keep it for now.
__________________
R8GT Spyder '12 / M5 '13 (MT) / Cayenne S '12 (Baby mobile )
uhn2000 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST