M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #45
clar
Major
clar's Avatar
Singapore
38
Rep
1,164
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Ah I see. So it's not official, but it does have some merit through research. Good job. I would wait and see if it does become official though. The only thing I really want from the M6 is wheel are those dang paddle shifters anyways. Lol!
The M6 wheel is a direct bolt-on replacement. I have it on my M5 and love every moment of holding it compared to the stock bus-like wheel. I guess with this change, the M6 wheel will just become "official" on M5 instead of being an unsanctioned mod.
__________________

- Frozen Grey F10 M5 DCT
- Rosso Corsa 458 Speciale
- Frozen Grey E92 M3 Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #46
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
125
Rep
10,560
Posts

Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #47
boostaholic786
Lieutenant
boostaholic786's Avatar
10
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: E92 JB4 G5 ISO RB's FBO+40%E85
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: irving tx

iTrader: (0)

this is very very nice! I think those are the HRE P40 wheels, if im not mistaken... I have the same wheels on an alpine white car as well but mine are the matte black finish...Think they are labeled as the HRE P40s wheels if im not mistaken. I absolutely LOVE the car and your exhaust! lol again I have the same exhaust as well but identical I really think that car would "pop" more if you had those wheels in the matte black finish

The car is absolutely beautiful though man either way and it is done very tastefully. My new M6 should be arriving in about 3 weeks...Alpine white/fox red interior. Sometimes I cant sleep at night after looking at cars like yours lol. I have Akro exhaust on my current E92 car and have already ordered the Akro axle back for the new M6... Should have gone with the catback but I can always order that if I really need to. Depending on how it sounds in person with just the axle back Akro with carbon tips will help me decide if I need the mid section which will eliminate the resonators ect... You should be able to hear a M5 coming down the street in my opinion especially with two turbos

Great looking car man!!
__________________
A/W E92 335i M-sport with JB4 G5 ISO/ E40 WEDGE PERFORMANCE BACKEND FLASH, Alpina TCU flash for AT/Switch-tronic +AR Downpipes, Stett gen 1 intake, Wagner-Tuning FMIC+RB Turbo setup/ RB PCV Valve+ Akro exhaust+60% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW coilovers, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@119mph on street tires) NO METH!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #48
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
30
Rep
1,956
Posts

Drives: '14 W212 AMG S, '12 958 S
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
wow well done.. That m6 steering wheel is a MUST
__________________
Peanut Butter Chunky
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #49
silentassasin
You wont see me coming....
silentassasin's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,298
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 535 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Great shots!
__________________


White on Black F10 M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #50
MSteve5036
Lieutenant
5
Rep
495
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 / 96 328is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blue dot

iTrader: (1)

I was going to ask the same thing. They look like P40S rather than the new SC version
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #51
BMWBoss
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Car looks beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #52
ATLANTA F10
Private First Class
ATLANTA F10's Avatar
6
Rep
178
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Very very nice!

A couple quick questions:

1) On the vent gauge, if my vents look exactly like the ones pictured, I assume that would be the "steel slats" option when ordering, correct? (with silver on the bottom edge and top edge)

2) What are the specs/sizes on the HRE wheels and the tires?

3) What suspension does this M5 have?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #53
joe@ptech
joe@ptech's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 15 M3|04 GTS4 M3|74 2002tii
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Thanks again guys. We are very proud of this project and the friendship we've made with the owner...a true car enthusiast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTA F10 View Post
Very very nice!

A couple quick questions:

1) On the vent gauge, if my vents look exactly like the ones pictured, I assume that would be the "steel slats" option when ordering, correct? (with silver on the bottom edge and top edge)

2) What are the specs/sizes on the HRE wheels and the tires?

3) What suspension does this M5 have?

Thanks!

Yes, the P3Cars gauge is with the steel slats. The wheels are HRE P40SC and 20x9 front, 20x10 rear. We ran a small spacer in the rear to bring the wheel out a little more flush. Currently running the H&R springs.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #54
jtuds
Major
Canada
30
Rep
1,065
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 1.5-2 hrs west of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

no tint eh?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:04 AM   #55
eshaun
RATED M
eshaun's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: e46 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to eshaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
That car looks awfully familiar. Thanks for helping me to realize my goals, Joe. I didn't think some simple car upgrades would turn out to be such a good friendship and opportunity to meet such great people.
Great to meet you as well. Always enjoying going out for a photoshoot and I'm glad that you guys are enjoying the results
__________________
e46 M3 | OEM CSL wheels, drivers seat, and steering wheel...

www.eshaun.com | automotive flickr gallery | Prints Here

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:12 AM   #56
red-sauerkraut
.
red-sauerkraut's Avatar
82
Rep
4,438
Posts

Drives: x-car/m-car
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: northern hemisphere

iTrader: (0)

Nicely fucking done!
__________________
LESS LIMIT. MORE SKY.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #57
SplendidSplinter
The Kid
SplendidSplinter's Avatar
Germany
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: a new BMW every day!
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Awesome picture at the Palace of Fine Arts! When I was a kid in SF, never saw a beast like that there ;-)

Great job...bay area homies!
__________________
Paul A. | Autohaus Schaal GmbH - BMW/MINI Military Sales - Bitburg/Spangdahlem

email: paul.anthony@bmw-schaal.de ~ web: http://www.bmw-schaal.de/US_Military...s_Bitburg.html ~ facebook: www.facebook.com/schaal.militarysales ~ phone: +49(0)6561-9470-51
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #58
Rich@GTBPerformance
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
257
Rep
4,453
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #59
ilikebmxbikes
Brigadier General
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
170
Rep
3,479
Posts

Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (37)

Garage List
Great looking car. Very well done. I'm SF local so ill be looking out for this thing on the streets. Nice photos too.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #60
JustinHuang
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: bmw E90 325 M sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shanghai China

iTrader: (0)

beautiful looks so goood|
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #61
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
111
Rep
6,848
Posts

Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Beautiful...
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 04:35 AM   #62
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
wisesoul's Avatar
Philippines
34
Rep
1,735
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786 View Post
this is very very nice! I think those are the HRE P40 wheels, if im not mistaken... I have the same wheels on an alpine white car as well but mine are the matte black finish...Think they are labeled as the HRE P40s wheels if im not mistaken. I absolutely LOVE the car and your exhaust! lol again I have the same exhaust as well but identical I really think that car would "pop" more if you had those wheels in the matte black finish

The car is absolutely beautiful though man either way and it is done very tastefully. My new M6 should be arriving in about 3 weeks...Alpine white/fox red interior. Sometimes I cant sleep at night after looking at cars like yours lol. I have Akro exhaust on my current E92 car and have already ordered the Akro axle back for the new M6... Should have gone with the catback but I can always order that if I really need to. Depending on how it sounds in person with just the axle back Akro with carbon tips will help me decide if I need the mid section which will eliminate the resonators ect... You should be able to hear a M5 coming down the street in my opinion especially with two turbos

Great looking car man!!
M6 comes with fox red interior? Did you special order it? Did you mean Sakhir Orange?

M5 looks great. I love the M6 wheel and how it feels. Now if only the airbag wasn't so damn small compared to the rest of the wheel
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #63
3s-a-charm
Major
3s-a-charm's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
1,171
Posts

Drives: 13 E70 X5 3.5i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Would the LED headlights be worth holding out for a MY 2014 M5 or not?
__________________
14 Tesla Model S P85D Black/Grey (691 hp )
13 X5 xDrive 35i M-Sport Black/Oyster (Hers)
PAST: 03.5 M3 Cab, 08 E92 M3, 08 535xiT, 07 X5 4.8i, 06 E90 325i, 87 E30 325i, 85 E30 318i
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #64
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
127
Rep
8,517
Posts

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
The M6 wheel is a direct bolt-on replacement. I have it on my M5 and love every moment of holding it compared to the stock bus-like wheel. I guess with this change, the M6 wheel will just become "official" on M5 instead of being an unsanctioned mod.
so literally, plug and play? No coding? No modifications needed to get it to work, and all buttons work?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #65
icoburn
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Franklin, TN

iTrader: (0)

Would you mind sharing part numbers for the wheel?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #66
clar
Major
clar's Avatar
Singapore
38
Rep
1,164
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
so literally, plug and play? No coding? No modifications needed to get it to work, and all buttons work?
Yeah, absolutely no coding. Everything works. The wheel was pre-assembled for me and the swap took less than 10 mins Here's the list of parts. Note that it's for cars with lane departure warning:
Attached Images
  
__________________

- Frozen Grey F10 M5 DCT
- Rosso Corsa 458 Speciale
- Frozen Grey E92 M3 Sold

Last edited by clar; 03-31-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dinan, f10 m5, performance technic, ptech

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.




m5post
m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST