M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
greentrbo95gst
Colonel
 
greentrbo95gst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black M5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orange County

Posts: 2,282
iTrader: (1)

Benz Boards

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...vs-f10-m5.html

Found this interesting thread on the benz boards. Shows how mature these guys are.
__________________
2013 M5 Azurite Black.....World's fastest 1/4 mile F10 M5 11.07@128.68mph

Sponsored by www.dtmhaus.net
E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 SC'd, F15 Diesel
greentrbo95gst is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
matthewEW
Private
 
Drives: Audi TT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Benz cars are great cars but it seems that really old farts are the majority that are drawn to them thus ruining the reputation of a Benz. I myself would not want to be identified with these "farts". Younger guys (that is virile men, he he) seem to be attracted to Bimmers.
matthewEW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
Vinsanity12
Private
 
Drives: Lexus IS 350
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW
Benz cars are great cars but it seems that really old farts are the majority that are drawn to them thus ruining the reputation of a Benz. I myself would not want to be identified with these "farts". Younger guys (that is virile men, he he) seem to be attracted to Bimmers.
MBs main purpose with the new ALS was to bring in a younger client base. Their clients are loyal but continue to get older.
Vinsanity12 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
ufgtrs2007
dentite
 
ufgtrs2007's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 M5, '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 515
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Read through page 1 of their thread, rather comical to read some of the remarks. My feeling is, get the car that suits your tastes and needs. That's why there are hundreds of different car models being designed and built.
ufgtrs2007 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #5
chudak18
Captain
 
chudak18's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335, W463 G55
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vineland, NJ

Posts: 990
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
That thread shows the level of class of the MB world.... dunno what it is, benz just feels old and slow.... need to do more to appeal to younger croud... need better driving feel. My best friend is a MB nut (cars he's owned; s600, g500, s550 sport, etc...) and when he drove the M5 he just had this flabbergasted look on his face... he was in awe. That says something about M sport.
__________________
chudak18 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #6
mwlmd
Major
 
mwlmd's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (0)

That thread is a bunch of E55 owners. Those are old used cars now purchased and modded by YOUNG MB fanboys that can't even afford a new 335i. Now that we have the demographic the comments make perfect sense.
__________________
F10 M5
Alpine/Sakhir/Anthracite/DCT

HRE P101. Akrapovič evolution. H&R. Bell StiR+ Laser Interceptor quad. IND cosmetics. 3M CR50.
mwlmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
mainly
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 M5 imperial blue
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton alberta, canada.

Posts: 471
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudak18 View Post
That thread shows the level of class of the MB world.... dunno what it is, benz just feels old and slow.... need to do more to appeal to younger croud... need better driving feel. My best friend is a MB nut (cars he's owned; s600, g500, s550 sport, etc...) and when he drove the M5 he just had this flabbergasted look on his face... he was in awe. That says something about M sport.
there are soem benz that do appeal to the younger crowd, trust me, i know first hand. the cls 63 and c 63 black series. are very hot looking cars. and an f10 m5 would all but dissappear next to them.


they definately get more attention from women. (and im not talking about cougars, im talking about 20-30 year olds)

the brief time i had my cls63 i got some pretty cool comments. with the BMW m5, its still gets attention, but mostly from other men (car enthusiasts)
mainly is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
chudak18
Captain
 
chudak18's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335, W463 G55
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vineland, NJ

Posts: 990
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
there are soem benz that do appeal to the younger crowd, trust me, i know first hand. the cls 63 and c 63 black series. are very hot looking cars. and an f10 m5 would all but dissappear next to them.


they definately get more attention from women. (and im not talking about cougars, im talking about 20-30 year olds)

the brief time i had my cls63 i got some pretty cool comments. with the BMW m5, its still gets attention, but mostly from other men (car enthusiasts)
I agree with you there on the strides MB has taken to gab the younger crowds attention, my father is also a MB man and i grew up in a MB (so to say) but when comparing an M5 to a black series or even a cls, i think its apples to oranges. I drove a 2010 e63 ( i think that's the year) and was under whelmed (stock). M5 stock is over whelming. I'm sure just like with anything else, bias plays a huge role. And my sahkir orange gets pppplentyyyyy attention from both sexes lol. I'm sure YouTube has enough head to head content to prove one side or another right, just has to be looked at in detail so that you're comparing apples to apples and not oranges (i.e. Stock vs modded). But in all fairness MB did step up their styling game.
__________________
chudak18 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East USA

Posts: 4,683
iTrader: (0)

E55s are basically low cost used performance cars these days. They are owned by people who couldn't afford a new M5 or E63 or anything up to date.

These guys are just engaging in a self back patting exercise to rationalize a 20-30k purchase which they probably could barely afford.

http://www.autotrader.com/find/used-...cago-60603.jsp
__________________
2014 ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
matthewEW
Private
 
Drives: Audi TT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
they definately get more attention from women. (and im not talking about cougars, im talking about 20-30 year olds)
I was vacillating between a BMW M5 and MB CLS63 AMG though I was a bit partial to the M5 as I wanted a manual transmisssion option. When I asked my girlfriend (she's 27) which car/driver she would ride in/with if she was invited to ride in/with one she answered the MB but not for the reasons you probably thought. She said the guy in the MB may be trying very hard to impress to get women's attention and would probably be more than willing to just throw money (as a sugar daddy, perhaps) her way just to get her on the front seat. Well, that solidified my convictions and got the M5. So if you want to be tagged with $$$ in you head as a potential sugar daddy, get a MB. Ask your girlfriend/wife the same question and you not be surprised with the choice but with the reason.
matthewEW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PatrickC23's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
I was over on MBWorld for my stint with the C63, but havent been back since I put my deposit down on the M5 last May. I got a lot of useful info over there, but I agree, I felt the audiencce to be a bit immature or too old for my tastes. Perhaps it was because of the C63 crowd, perhaps not. I for one am glad Im back with BMW in this forum, as I used to chat frequently on M3 Forum when I had the e46.

I dont get the hate, just because you own one doesnt mean you have to dislike the other.
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
PatrickC23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,882
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
That thread is a bunch of E55 owners. Those are old used cars now purchased and modded by YOUNG MB fanboys that can't even afford a new 335i. Now that we have the demographic the comments make perfect sense.

This seems to be the case in the thread in question no doubt. As a long time AMG owner (7) and an original owner of a 2004 new E55 I know there are alot of good owners over there. Its sad that they just can't understand that their "venerable" E55's are so long in the tooth now. I dont intend to insult the M113 platform- it was ground breaking back in 2003. I mean who had heard of a sedan with 516 lb/ft of tq 10 years ago? It was a marvel and it was a tuners delight too but its just old now and so are the arguements they pose where they say "my car is 10 years older and still kicks its butt". I mean in reality there is always something faster but that does not make it better.

The AMG vs BMW lame convos will never die.. I just read and move on. After 6 M's and 7 AMG's I realized I cant go wrong with either.
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,169
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
E55s are basically low cost used performance cars these days. They are owned by people who couldn't afford a new M5 or E63 or anything up to date.

These guys are just engaging in a self back patting exercise to rationalize a 20-30k purchase which they probably could barely afford.

http://www.autotrader.com/find/used-...cago-60603.jsp
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is why Stealth is the man. I've personally never really been interested in MB. I just never liked their styling both exterior and interior. I can't say that they are slow or aren't great cars, cause I've never driven one. Most of my opinions on MB's come from Jeremy Clarkson and The Smoking Tire anyways. If they say if I want a car that communicates everything that it's doing on the track then I go buy an M3, if I want a car that can just smoke the tires really well, then I buy a C63 (not Black Series). If I had to pick an MB to own and had no other choice, I'd probably go with an SLS, C63 Coupe Black Series, or 2012 CLS63 in that order.
__________________


Last edited by RPiM5; 02-06-2013 at 03:40 PM.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
Rob///M5
Major
 
Rob///M5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Agree Dave. The SLS Roadster is magnificent looking. But the performance and weight specs (on paper at least) are so similar to the M5, that I don't think I would pull the trigger. Of course it's about exclusivity at that level.

The SLS is another fast and fat beast (without a lid). Damn good looking though
__________________
Rob///M5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
greentrbo95gst
Colonel
 
greentrbo95gst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black M5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orange County

Posts: 2,282
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
This seems to be the case in the thread in question no doubt. As a long time AMG owner (7) and an original owner of a 2004 new E55 I know there are alot of good owners over there. Its sad that they just can't understand that their "venerable" E55's are so long in the tooth now. I dont intend to insult the M113 platform- it was ground breaking back in 2003. I mean who had heard of a sedan with 516 lb/ft of tq 10 years ago? It was a marvel and it was a tuners delight too but its just old now and so are the arguements they pose where they say "my car is 10 years older and still kicks its butt". I mean in reality there is always something faster but that does not make it better.

The AMG vs BMW lame convos will never die.. I just read and move on. After 6 M's and 7 AMG's I realized I cant go wrong with either.
Well said. I love both brands, but obviously as you can tell from my sig I prefer BMW. 03 e55's were great cars and I still remember when they came out and lightly modded spanked bunch of 03 cobras.
Some of their immature comments stood out so much that I had to post it here.
__________________
2013 M5 Azurite Black.....World's fastest 1/4 mile F10 M5 11.07@128.68mph

Sponsored by www.dtmhaus.net
E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 SC'd, F15 Diesel
greentrbo95gst is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,487
iTrader: (0)

The most hysterical part is that these are E55 guys. Some of them boasting about beating an E60. Rather clear that few if any have actually driven, ridden or likely even seen an F10.

I sorta got a kick out of the read.

Did kind of motivate me to keep my eyes open for them on the highway-lol!
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #17
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,169
iTrader: (0)

Although I will say, that if we are talking strictly about MB's here, that the 2014 E63 (AWD) and 2014 CLS63 (AWD) do have me a little worried. Just a little...
__________________

RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
Timberwolf
Lieutenant
 
Timberwolf's Avatar
 
Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 587
iTrader: (0)

You get the same song and dance EVERY time a new car is launched, regardless of forum, demographic, or geography. All the guys with aging models or competing brands feel the need to bash the new car in a meager attempt to justify their dated car, and assuage the fact that they can't buy a newer version. It's human nature, regardless of age. Been guilty of it myself!

New Ferrari comes out, guys with older Gallardos are saying stage 2 will crush it..

New Porsche comes out, GTR guys with p800 switzer kits are saying they can take it.

And on and on... It's what propels us, and keeps us HUNGRY for more power!!!!
__________________
MCB 13 M5
07 997 TT - Gone
11 Corvette Z06 - Gone
07 Shelby GT500 - Gone
06 Z06 - Gone
Timberwolf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
Rob///M5
Major
 
Rob///M5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
You get the same song and dance EVERY time a new car is launched, regardless of forum, demographic, or geography. All the guys with aging models or competing brands feel the need to bash the new car in a meager attempt to justify their dated car, and assuage the fact that they can't buy a newer version. It's human nature, regardless of age. Been guilty of it myself!

New Ferrari comes out, guys with older Gallardos are saying stage 2 will crush it..

New Porsche comes out, GTR guys with p800 switzer kits are saying they can take it.

And on and on... It's what propels us, and keeps us HUNGRY for more power!!!!
Well said
__________________
Rob///M5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,882
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Although I will say, that if we are talking strictly about MB's here, that the 2014 E63 (AWD) and 2014 CLS63 (AWD) do have me a little worried. Just a little...


LOL--- AWD and 580 hp will definitely help the AMG's from a dig but the cars still get not as efficient mct tranny which is a planetary automatic. Our cars should be just as fast if not better up top with the DCT and no power robbing AWD. I still have an AMG with the MCT and I can clearly tell the difference in shifting and power efficiency.

At least your comment was about a 2014 though unlike the posts in the E55 forum where their cars are 2003's to 2006's.

Who the hell still has a 5 speed automatic tranny? Oh yeah.. they do.
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
greentrbo95gst
Colonel
 
greentrbo95gst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black M5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orange County

Posts: 2,282
iTrader: (1)

I guarantee you they will do 11.5 stock in the 1/4 mile.
__________________
2013 M5 Azurite Black.....World's fastest 1/4 mile F10 M5 11.07@128.68mph

Sponsored by www.dtmhaus.net
E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 SC'd, F15 Diesel
greentrbo95gst is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
krispykreme
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mission SJ CA

Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

There is a reason why I hate mbworld.

They behave like a honda board. Think so godly about their car.

I still have 04 E55, bought new in 2003. Stock to Stock, the E55 will pull about 1/2 to 3/4 length on E60 if launched from dead stop. But north of 80 miles, E60 will walk away from E55 like E55 is stationary.

F10 on the other hand will pull on E55 through out the speed range. Even 6MT will be faster at launch. If anyone is down to show some smack, I can provide both cars.
__________________
-13 F10 M5 6MT (Amazonite Silver)
krispykreme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST