M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #23
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
712hp? wheel or crank? What dyno?
Crank, Maha LPS3000, same one used in MB official testing.

Here's the dyno sheet for the Stage ViP, the stage is without upgraded turbos. VIP plus is with turbo upgrade> just making it clear

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 2210
Size:  528.3 KB
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #24
greentrbo95gst
Colonel
 
greentrbo95gst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Azurite Black M5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orange County

Posts: 2,342
iTrader: (1)

I am glad you are not using a Dyno Jet.
__________________
2013 M5 Azurite Black.....World's fastest 1/4 mile F10 M5 11.07@128.68mph

Sponsored by www.dtmhaus.net
E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 SC'd, F15 Diesel
greentrbo95gst is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #25
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
I am glad you are not using a Dyno Jet.
I heard dynojet gives crazy numbers. lol
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #26
m-ch
Private
 
Drives: m5 f10 Alpine white
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Whats about v-Box Runs
100-200kmh
100-300kmh

Dyno charts are nice but the truth is on the street.
m-ch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #27
Rotorocious
Major
 
Rotorocious's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,453
iTrader: (3)

First, how about some prices?
Rotorocious is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #28
infamousq
First Lieutenant
 
infamousq's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Toyota Camry
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kobra Headquarters

Posts: 388
iTrader: (0)

Prices? Warranty? Don't want something dying on me after three months of use.
infamousq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
Prices? Warranty? Don't want something dying on me after three months of use.
Price is around 15,000 euros - PP-Performance goes under warranty in the UAE, unfortunately not in the states or other places.
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #30
Falcao
Private First Class
 
Falcao's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baltimore

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ch View Post
Whats about v-Box Runs
100-200kmh
100-300kmh

Dyno charts are nice but the truth is on the street.

+1. Dyno charts left and right but no videos and no v-box. The only times i saw quoted was 11.7 1/4 for stage 1 PP but that is about same as what member with stock car did. IF they put as much effort into videos and vbox as much as they do Dyno charts, this thread would be more interesting.

Just a thought.
Falcao is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #31
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
 
LAKEOM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Oswego, Oregon

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
Price is around 15,000 euros - PP-Performance goes under warranty in the UAE, unfortunately not in the states or other places.
For $2,000 I will fire anyone out of a circus cannon (with M5 keys in your pocket)

Should do 0-60 in 1 second.
LAKEOM5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #32
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
+1. Dyno charts left and right but no videos and no v-box. The only times i saw quoted was 11.7 1/4 for stage 1 PP but that is about same as what member with stock car did. IF they put as much effort into videos and vbox as much as they do Dyno charts, this thread would be more interesting.

Just a thought.
100% True, ill contact the guys PP, we'll try to get a video done

Thanx 4 the tip
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #33
B1gB0x
New Member
 
Drives: M5 F10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

what have they done with the transmision? it is only able to take 800Nm so it wont make this power much time
B1gB0x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #34
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gB0x View Post
what have they done with the transmision? it is only able to take 800Nm so it wont make this power much time
One of the cars @ PP-Performance has +800 nm trq for more than a month now, and the owner goes soo hard on the car. The transmission is perfect, bmw has done a great job. But cooling down the car after it reaches 120 (engine temp.) is a MUST
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #35
B1gB0x
New Member
 
Drives: M5 F10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

one month is nothing i dont want to pay 15000$ for 5000miles that isnt the thing i want to. And everyone say that at 800nm is the limit and ac schnitzer manhart racing noelle motors all dont go over it only pp-performance does
B1gB0x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #36
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gB0x View Post
one month is nothing i dont want to pay 15000$ for 5000miles that isnt the thing i want to. And everyone say that at 800nm is the limit and ac schnitzer manhart racing noelle motors all dont go over it only pp-performance does
To be honest, i agree with you, it should be tested more, 1 month isnt enough. The normal PP-Performance Stages are
Stage.1 - 625hp 750nm
Stage.2 - 640hp 782nm


Stage VIP which is over 700hp and over 800nm is for a customer who wanted to take it over the limit on his own responsibility, he also got PPP to upgrade his turbos (as shown above) *thats why its called stage vip . But PP is doing their best to make it as safe as possible, and everything seems to be going smoothly and perfectly. What i think is after a couple of months of testing PPP will be releasing Stage 3 which probably would be 680hp 800-810nm trq

Here are the packages offered by PPP.
but stage 2 isnt updated:
http://www.pp-performance.de/Tuning_...0und-750nm.htm
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #37
B1gB0x
New Member
 
Drives: M5 F10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Noelle Motors already got 660hp too in a M5 thats normal =)
Manhart and Performing Imports too
B1gB0x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #38
Timberwolf
Lieutenant
 
Timberwolf's Avatar
 
Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
To be honest, i agree with you, it should be tested more, 1 month isnt enough. The normal PP-Performance Stages are
Stage.1 - 625hp 750nm
Stage.2 - 640hp 782nm


Stage VIP which is over 700hp and over 800nm is for a customer who wanted to take it over the limit on his own responsibility, he also got PPP to upgrade his turbos (as shown above) *thats why its called stage vip . But PP is doing their best to make it as safe as possible, and everything seems to be going smoothly and perfectly. What i think is after a couple of months of testing PPP will be releasing Stage 3 which probably would be 680hp 800-810nm trq

Here are the packages offered by PPP.
but stage 2 isnt updated:
http://www.pp-performance.de/Tuning_...0und-750nm.htm
So stage 1 is 10hp more than stock since these cars make 600 to 610 crank hp..lol
__________________
MCB 13 M5
07 997 TT - Gone
11 Corvette Z06 - Gone
07 Shelby GT500 - Gone
06 Z06 - Gone
Timberwolf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #39
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
 
GhanemMBN's Avatar
 
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
So stage 1 is 10hp more than stock since these cars make 600 to 610 crank hp..lol
Here in PP-Performance they use MAHA DYNO, exact same dyno used in Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Audi...etc. Its the worlds most accurate and cannot be manipulated or altered with at all. When they put any stock M5 on the Dyno it shows 540-553 hp, So for stage 1 its a 70-75 hp gain.=625hp

They also tested the car on mustang dyno and dynojet, stage 1 showed 680-695 hp! :s lol

+

I saw most M5 on dyno in the states, they test it on 3rd gear, which is TOTALLY wrong, it will give very high hp #s, the 1:1 ratio is 5th gear

Last edited by GhanemMBN; 02-21-2013 at 02:05 AM.
GhanemMBN is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #40
m-ch
Private
 
Drives: m5 f10 Alpine white
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
Here in PP-Performance they use MAHA DYNO, exact same dyno used in Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Audi...etc. Its the worlds most accurate and cannot be manipulated or altered with at all. When they put any stock M5 on the Dyno it shows 540-553 hp, So for stage 1 its a 70-75 hp gain.=625hp

They also tested the car on mustang dyno and dynojet, stage 1 showed 680-695 hp! :s lol

+

I saw most M5 on dyno in the states, they test it on 3rd gear, which is TOTALLY wrong, it will give very high hp #s, the 1:1 ratio is 5th gear
Sport auto m5 f10 dyno Test on maha dyno = 620 hp
m-ch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #41
B1gB0x
New Member
 
Drives: M5 F10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Thats a special version for M5 only for press. This version has 620hp from BMW itself
B1gB0x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #42
mcgm5
New Member
 
Drives: 12' GMC Savana, 13' BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North East

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Sometimes less is more ...
How about smaller fonts and less self promotion ?
the guy is promoting his products. Of course he's gonna be enthusiastic in his post.

who cares what color and size of the font. you clicked into the thread , no ?

I hate how members feel the need to police folks on forums. I like IND, but why should everyone promote their products in the same fashion as them ?

ughh... so petty...
mcgm5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #43
mcgm5
New Member
 
Drives: 12' GMC Savana, 13' BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North East

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gB0x View Post
what have they done with the transmision? it is only able to take 800Nm so it wont make this power much time
I think this is something that should be looked into further as well.

while bmw is giving the max torque rating for the transmission, I would be willing to bet the safety factor is larger than that number.

Best case scenario is we will find out when someones tranny starts slipping on gear shifts. Or launch's.

A quality tuner will limit the torque on launch's and feed it in throughout first gear till the car has better traction. This is how it was done by a tuner (APR) for the new v8tt in the S6/S7. And I think its a genius idea.
mcgm5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #44
Paul@Evolve
 
Paul@Evolve's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i, E60 M5, E92 M3, R56 MCS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sussex, UK

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Great project. Good luck to you guys. Always good to know the limits so mere mortals know not to reach them
Paul@Evolve is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST