M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #45
gds52
14
Major
 
Drives: BMW 328i Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,441
iTrader: (0)

Hot red, looks awesome except the wheels(IMO). Very common wheels.
Multi spoke in gunmetal or black ll compliment this car.
gds52 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #46
stealth.pilot
48
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

I don't understand how this is a statement of heritage. BMW heritage colors are Silver, Alpine White and Estoril Blue.

This is a BMW in Ferrari colors with Italian style red calipers and American style wheels, and Japanese style grilles.

Imola Red was an E39 M5, but as the very name implies, it is meant to evoke Ferrari. Imola being home of the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Ferraris home track.

The only thing I see here which is a statement of heritage is the exhaust which is damn good.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 03-17-2013 at 01:29 AM.
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #47
vladberca
37
Brigadier General
 
vladberca's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

Posts: 3,705
iTrader: (0)

It looks great, more over it has an Individual and not so common color
vladberca is offline   Romania
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #48
singularity
6
Driver
 
singularity's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 (F10)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slovakia

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I don't understand how this is a statement of heritage. BMW heritage colors are Silver, Alpine White and Estoril Blue.

This is a BMW in Ferrari colors with Italian style red calipers and American style wheels, and Japanese style grilles.

Imola Red was an E39 M5, but as the very name implies, it is meant to evoke Ferrari. Imola being home of the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Ferraris home track.

The only thing I see here which is a statement of heritage is the exhaust which is damn good.
I agree with stealth.pilot, I've always loved what work IND makes but I keep seeing this topic and its "flashy" title made me reply this time .

"A Statement of Heritage" is loud statement, this car has nothing subtle about it (one of most important "heritage" lost) and the few design changes that were done make it look less attractive than stock.

Painted grills - not a good idea. Stock chrome outline looks good, while paint matched makes it look like 2 misplaced holes.
Painted door handles - why would you do that?
Wheels - unaesthetic, you guys don't get it
Exhaust - I like this, although I find it a tad bit too big

A Statement of Heritage would mean you're showcasing how a real and proper M5 should look with changes that have a direct relation to its roots - none of this is present in this car. I think it would be more fitting to name it A Statement of Individuality because this car is rather individual.
singularity is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #49
Imola F10 M5
0
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 Imola Red M5
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I agree with stealth.pilot, I've always loved what work IND makes but I keep seeing this topic and its "flashy" title made me reply this time .

"A Statement of Heritage" is loud statement, this car has nothing subtle about it (one of most important "heritage" lost) and the few design changes that were done make it look less attractive than stock.

Painted grills - not a good idea. Stock chrome outline looks good, while paint matched makes it look like 2 misplaced holes.
Painted door handles - why would you do that?
Wheels - unaesthetic, you guys don't get it
Exhaust - I like this, although I find it a tad bit too big

A Statement of Heritage would mean you're showcasing how a real and proper M5 should look with changes that have a direct relation to its roots - none of this is present in this car. I think it would be more fitting to name it A Statement of Individuality because this car is rather individual.

Well I can respect others opinions. This car was about capturing the excitement I had when I owned the same color combo in an E39. I can't speak to the bonafied heritage of the colors, but I will say that IMO Imola is a deep vibrant color that is absent from the F10 line. I like many others coming from the factory but none grab me like this color (Orange is nice, but I like red better). In any event, this is my statement, little chrome all red and black. To me this isn't too showy or boy racer. IMO. Thanks for comments
Imola F10 M5 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #50
stealth.pilot
48
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
A Statement of Heritage would mean you're showcasing how a real and proper M5 should look with changes that have a direct relation to its roots - none of this is present in this car. I think it would be more fitting to name it A Statement of Individuality because this car is rather individual.
Exactly. We're not taking away from IND here - I have your reflectors and your Eisenmann Sport exhaust. But in this thread, your hyped up title is like false advertising.

And if I were to call out one thing above all others that Singularity and I mentioned: I think painting over the Chrome Kidneys is basically desecration of a BMW tradition. What could be a more signature element of a BMWs design through the ages than the chrome kidneys?

__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #51
dboucher30
0
New Member
 
Drives: E46 328i / F30 335i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kaiserslautern

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

That's $$$. I want one, in red or blue!
dboucher30 is offline   Germany
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #52
singularity
6
Driver
 
singularity's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 (F10)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slovakia

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola F10 M5 View Post
Well I can respect others opinions. This car was about capturing the excitement I had when I owned the same color combo in an E39. I can't speak to the bonafied heritage of the colors, but I will say that IMO Imola is a deep vibrant color that is absent from the F10 line. I like many others coming from the factory but none grab me like this color (Orange is nice, but I like red better). In any event, this is my statement, little chrome all red and black. To me this isn't too showy or boy racer. IMO. Thanks for comments
Maybe you'll get tired at some point in future of painted grills and put chrome back and maybe even put M6GC wheels too other than that I understand what you wanted to state, but it's more internal than external, you wanted to have a classy non-flashy M5 with a hardcore manual gearbox.
singularity is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #53
SedateMe
0
Private
 
SedateMe's Avatar
 
Drives: AP E92 335i ZMP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 79
iTrader: (1)

Wow!

That red would make a Ferrari blush
__________________
Sys Admin - Geek by day, Car enthusiast by night.
SedateMe is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #54
stealth.pilot
48
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola F10 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I agree with stealth.pilot, I've always loved what work IND makes but I keep seeing this topic and its "flashy" title made me reply this time .

"A Statement of Heritage" is loud statement, this car has nothing subtle about it (one of most important "heritage" lost) and the few design changes that were done make it look less attractive than stock.

Painted grills - not a good idea. Stock chrome outline looks good, while paint matched makes it look like 2 misplaced holes.
Painted door handles - why would you do that?
Wheels - unaesthetic, you guys don't get it
Exhaust - I like this, although I find it a tad bit too big

A Statement of Heritage would mean you're showcasing how a real and proper M5 should look with changes that have a direct relation to its roots - none of this is present in this car. I think it would be more fitting to name it A Statement of Individuality because this car is rather individual.

Well I can respect others opinions. This car was about capturing the excitement I had when I owned the same color combo in an E39. I can't speak to the bonafied heritage of the colors, but I will say that IMO Imola is a deep vibrant color that is absent from the F10 line. I like many others coming from the factory but none grab me like this color (Orange is nice, but I like red better). In any event, this is my statement, little chrome all red and black. To me this isn't too showy or boy racer. IMO. Thanks for comments
I like the color of your car. My point was more about how the changes took away from an excellent choice.

I do disagree that the F10 line doesn't have deep vibrant colors.

To me Monte Carlo Blue is the ultimate statement of M.

When I was a teenager I remember an Estoril Blue E34 M5 passing my dads car on the M40 and I was in awe of that car. It was bright, it was sporty, it was the ultimate expression of BMW.

To me the F10 in Monte Carlo Blue is like that but better because it is much more reflective thanks to the galaxy blue xirallic flakes in the paint.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #55
biglare
31
******
 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

Posts: 3,135
iTrader: (3)

Heritage or not Heritage... Blah Blah Blah, why are people getting hung upon words. :

Anyways, the car looks great IMO and suits the owners "Individual" taste! Well done IND
biglare is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #56
Scrippy
3
Lord Scrip
 
Scrippy's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA,Ca

Posts: 246
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Not sold on the rims but I like the smoothness of the overall look!
Scrippy is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #57
ColdList
26
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,678
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Exactly. We're not taking away from IND here - I have your reflectors and your Eisenmann Sport exhaust. But in this thread, your hyped up title is like false advertising.

And if I were to call out one thing above all others that Singularity and I mentioned: I think painting over the Chrome Kidneys is basically desecration of a BMW tradition. What could be a more signature element of a BMWs design through the ages than the chrome kidneys?

Hey PUNK! -lol! (kidding of course) You saying I "desecrated" my BMW?!

I have black grilles, painted over door handles AND HRE Wheels. IMO another sort of "tradition" of owning BMWs, especially M cars, is the unique personalization of them that owners have taken to over the decades.

I hear you when you are implying "Classic" as "tradition" and that does make sense, and Imola is not a classic BMW color, nor is the entire car really in any way "traditional" with it's stylings, but I give the owner a lot of credit for the attention to detail and the obvious passion he has for making his car his own, and again, that sort of IS a BMW owner's tradition in and of itself. He didn't go "cheap" on this build either. He did it with care and dedication, even refinishing the wheels to a different tint after not appreciating the original brushed clear finish. Lot of effort here. I know you are not bashing him and are taking more of an issue with the "statement" the headline makes but he really deserves applause not schooling on "tradition" (also seems to take criticism constructively and with a healthy serving of grace) Tradition is a pretty subjective thing anyway. Who wrote the rules on what BMW tradition is anyway? Heck, all the colors have been altered over the years and the body styles have changed along the way. Who knows. Who cares.

Remember the "tradition" of BMW door handles being steel and not this cheap plastic chrome insert? Didn't need to paint 'em.

And speaking of tradition. I wish BMW would re-focus itself on the tradition of making the M5 stand out. They sure forgot this concept on the F10. If you weren't an enthusiast you might not realize what perfection is sitting next to you at the light until it leaves you like a Pit Bull with Michael Vick on his tail!

Very cool car. Nice job. OK, now back to desecrating mine!-hahahahahaha!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ColdList; 03-17-2013 at 07:10 PM.
ColdList is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #58
boris
4
Борис
 
boris's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 n54 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 445
iTrader: (0)

loooooooooooooove it.
__________________
07 SG 335i
COBB - Burger Motorsports -Ultimate Racing - Evolution Racewerks - TiAL- AMS
In Winter Mode - Dunlop Wintersport 3D/Sport Edition Wheels
boris is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
stealth.pilot
48
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlist
And speaking of tradition. I wish BMW would re-focus itself on the tradition of making the M5 stand out. They sure forgot this concept on the F10. If you weren't an enthusiast you might not realize what perfection is sitting next to you at the light until it leaves you like a Pit Bull with Michael Vick on his tail!
Coldlist - I hate to correct you old chap, but I think your assertion that M5s did stand out traditionally is way off target. The M3s did with their power bulges, but M5s have always looked relatively ordinary.

Here are some pictures I took at the F10 M5 launch event which I attended in Spain.

E28 M5 - The first gen pretty much had a standard 5 series body. Hood is ordinary, bumper is ordinary, fenders are ordinary. Again more like a standard 5 than the F10 version.


E34 M5 - The second gen M5 had some fancy door mirrors, small rear spoiler, front lip, white turn signals and the signature M-Double spokes, but other than that was also pretty plain. Less differentiation from standard 5 than the current model has.


E39 M5 - The third gen M5 added a nice M aero bumper - more than just the lip on previous models. However hood and fenders look pretty standard. Mirrors are more ordinary than the ones on the E34 M5. No side vents. Generally a pretty regular looking 5. The m Double spokes are very similar to those on the E39 540i. Also in this gen, BMW started providing clear turn signals to M-Sport models which killed the exclusivity of the m turn signals on the E34.


E60 M5 - The first one which looks meaningfully different than a non-M 5. However it is in contrast to the ordinary look of the previous M5s. And the things which differentiate the E60 m5, are also present on the F10 M5 - fender vents, wider fenders, mirrors, wheels.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #60
BimmerShark
0
Enlisted Member
 
BimmerShark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009-Z428i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

absolutely stunning!!!
BimmerShark is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #61
Rich@GTBPerformance
43
Bimmerpost Sponsor and BMW Performance Guru
 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,350
iTrader: (20)

Stunning!

Nicely done IND!
__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #62
ColdList
26
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,678
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Coldlist - I hate to correct you old chap, but I think your assertion that M5s did stand out traditionally is way off target. The M3s did with their power bulges, but M5s have always looked relatively ordinary.

Here are some pictures I took at the F10 M5 launch event which I attended in Spain.

E28 M5 - The first gen pretty much had a standard 5 series body. Hood is ordinary, bumper is ordinary, fenders are ordinary. Again more like a standard 5 than the F10 version.


E34 M5 - The second gen M5 had some fancy door mirrors, small rear spoiler, front lip, white turn signals and the signature M-Double spokes, but other than that was also pretty plain. Less differentiation from standard 5 than the current model has.


E39 M5 - The third gen M5 added a nice M aero bumper - more than just the lip on previous models. However hood and fenders look pretty standard. Mirrors are more ordinary than the ones on the E34 M5. No side vents. Generally a pretty regular looking 5. The m Double spokes are very similar to those on the E39 540i. Also in this gen, BMW started providing clear turn signals to M-Sport models which killed the exclusivity of the m turn signals on the E34.


E60 M5 - The first one which looks meaningfully different than a non-M 5. However it is in contrast to the ordinary look of the previous M5s. And the things which differentiate the E60 m5, are also present on the F10 M5 - fender vents, wider fenders, mirrors, wheels.
Well I stand corrected bro! Who can argue with data like that.

Then I assert that BMW should start a NEW tradition and flash 'em up a bit! I'm gonna keep the movement going by modding mine more and more!
ColdList is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #63
singularity
6
Driver
 
singularity's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 (F10)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slovakia

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

By the way that M5 E60 on the picture has the wheels from M6 E63
singularity is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #64
ColdList
26
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,678
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
By the way that M5 E60 on the picture has the wheels from M6 E63
Good catch!
ColdList is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #65
spkcadet
1
Private First Class
 
spkcadet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 JGC Summit
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

He lives in Cleveland Ohio? I must find him and see this in person!
spkcadet is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #66
Alen E90
80
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 8,096
iTrader: (6)

OMG...this M5 is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST